Author Topic: Feature: New equivilant to the status and info commands used by server browsers  (Read 1672 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
This'd allow for more information to be given to server browsers without breaking backwards compatibility with Q2 ones- preferably the command would return things like if a server is passworded or not, other cvars, and whatever other useful stuff is needed in the future.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish here?  I don't think this is necessary.  The old system allows you to add server variables for any new information necessary.  In fact, I just added the needs_password (or whatever it was) variable to work with q2-compatible server browesrs.

Eiii

• Autococker
Oh? I wasn't aware the previous protocol was expandable. If it is, then this is already implemented, and this thread can be gone forever. :P

Cobo

• Autococker
Hm, server browsers would probably just discard the unknown things anyway, wouldnt they?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
They just show up on the variable list.  Of course, there is potential for other information to be added, but if all you need is variables, they're already covered.  That's why I was asking what you wanted to accomplish with a new info command.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
set TheTruth "I am sexy" s will make it display in the server browser... :|