Author Topic: Feature: In Game IRC Client?  (Read 10878 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature: In Game IRC Client?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »
http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10054

Could be feasible, but I think the whole GUI/console/text system needs a revamp, first.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »
our developing team =]

Oh.. you haven't heard?  He goes by "jitspoe"

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »
people help him out a little... ie zorch, for this one, cobo, you

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
Bumping this feature vote thread, as there has been a lot of talk about how to get new players integrated into the community.  This may not be too difficult if the core functionality is as simple as what Cobo posted.  It would just be a matter of coming up with a decent interface - possibly at the server browser screen?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 02:41:14 AM »
Looks like Alien Arena supports this, so it might be pretty simple to bring over (I'd like to have a better chat interface for it, though).

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 03:55:19 AM »
What also might be helpful for new players to use the chat options, is a listing of other (popular) DP2 related channels. Only a few people from the community idle in #paintball and people with questions often leave without their questions answered.

By showing people other channels to chat in, they will have the possibility to meet more other players and quickly integrating to the community. Thinking back of the time I was new, I had no idea which others channels I could visit to meet other players, find matches, etc. (and unlike most new players nowadays I knew IRC before...)

On short terms the above could also be done by putting an on-join-message in #paintball, preferably with colors so it easier attracts attention, linking to other channels or a forum message where simple instructions and other active channels are listed. This list should be updated on regular base though.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »
Is it possible to add tabs to the console?
So that the first tab is the normal console (like now), a second tab has only the server chat messages (say, say_team) and a third tab has the global irc chat.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
Only a few people from the community idle in #paintball and people with questions often leave without their questions answered.
Well, that's the official channel, so everybody should idle in there...

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »
Only a few people from the community idle in #paintball and people with questions often leave without their questions answered.
That's because they're impatient and leave to play the game instead. If they can play the game and wait for the answer, while in game, it should have a whole different story. :P