Author Topic: Please, for the sake of my sanity...  (Read 4144 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Please, for the sake of my sanity...
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »
Pick out 1 or 2 features that you really want for the next build and can't live without.  Make a fleshed out post with the details of what the feature is and how it will work, properly title the subject of your post (Think of Book Titles), and make sure somebody else hasn't already posted it.

It's only been one day and there are already 5 new pages of feature requests, many of which are trivial low-priority things.  Let's focus on the important stuff.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Please, for the sake of my sanity...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »
Yeah, sk89q. Take that.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »
Pfft. I was just posting from the existing feature vote.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
Also being a post sexually promiscuous person. Even more than me. :(

And if you're out-post-whoring me, it's probably an issue.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Webhead's Book of Necessary Items
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »
i knew this was bound to happen at some point.
i'm paring down the number of items i'm voting for in the FVS... then i *might* be able to pick out the very few features i really want, like you say.

wow, i was actually able to get my list down to 3 items!
here are the ones i can't live without.

#10021 Don't Require Mouse Over Edit Boxes to Type
-- Focus should be controlled by clicks instead of hovers.

#10032 Prevent Funnames From Altering Text That Follows
-- Maybe have the game insert a character (with behavior similar to %O, which on IRC clients like ChatZilla or XChat unsets any text colors or styles) after text that could potentially contain funname codes.

#10035 Show Characters Left for Funname
-- I include this item because I know that it is a problem that comes up very often, and I'm not the only one who gets tired of trying to explain to people what they're doing wrong. Not sure which way it should be implemented - either visible text showing how many characters are left, or a box that won't accept input beyond a certain number of characters.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:29:25 AM by webhead »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:53:51 AM »
i knew this was bound to happen at some point.
i'm paring down the number of items i'm voting for in the FVS... then i *might* be able to pick out the very few features i really want, like you say.

wow, i was actually able to get my list down to 3 items!
here are the ones i can't live without.

#10021 Don't Require Mouse Over Edit Boxes to Type
-- Focus should be controlled by clicks instead of hovers.

#10032 Prevent Funnames From Altering Text That Follows
-- Maybe have the game insert a character (with behavior similar to %O, which on IRC clients like ChatZilla or XChat unsets any text colors or styles) after text that could potentially contain funname codes.

#10035 Show Characters Left for Funname
-- I include this item because I know that it is a problem that comes up very often, and I'm not the only one who gets tired of trying to explain to people what they're doing wrong. Not sure which way it should be implemented - either visible text showing how many characters are left, or a box that won't accept input beyond a certain number of characters.
He's not talking about the features you vote on, he's talking about the features you start threads for.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:59:19 AM »
well since he said to make a "post" and not a "topic" or "thread", i thought he meant to make a short post like i did - in this thread.

Dr4gon Clan Leader

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:40 PM »
I agree, this is the kind of stuff that should be thought of before posting. I too am guilty of posting, somewhat, trivial things, but i am willing to stop "for the sake of sanity". I hope many of you all will too.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »
+1 For old topic