Author Topic: Fatal crash of death and possible fix.  Jit read!  (Read 1697 times)

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
Fatal crash of death and possible fix.  Jit read!
« on: January 28, 2003, 07:14:52 AM »
Paintball Deathmatch I crashes with v2.0, with ref_pbgl.dll.

Though I have yet to test it with other Deathmatch maps, I think it's a Deathmatch bug and not a map bug.  Furthermore, I think it has to do with the spawning of players-- how the spawn effects only appear in DM mode (I think).

Most people reporting the crash had nvidia cards, although one had a voodoo3.

The fix:
Not sure if this works, but I told 3 people to try this and none of them crashed afterwards.

En consola:
gl_ext_multitexture 0
vid_restart

This should stop the crash.  Just remember to reset gl_ext_multitexture to 1 and vid_restart afterwards-- turning multitexture off makes other maps crash :P

Michael_Fornal

• VM-68
Re: Fatal crash of death and possible fix.  Jit re
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 07:29:22 AM »
Don't try to fix something like that.  Deathmatch in DP is merry and always has been.  Maybe it's a godsend that it crashes now.

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 10:22:15 AM »
Shut up Mike.. I miss DM! Its not like there was a ton of DM maps.. its fun every now and then.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 07:20:38 PM »
Ok -- figured out the problem.  It happens with null models (those things that normally show up as white diamonds).  I guess in deathmatch mode, models don't always get assigned.  I need to fix that.  There was something in the code trying to get information about the model, and the model didn't exist, so ... crash.  The multitexture thing won't fix it.

Thanks for the bug report -- it'll be fixed in the next release.