Author Topic: world championship  (Read 18476 times)

atmays

• Autococker
Re: world championship
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »
An American roster with mostly eR33t/CC players would likely win.  I think that the German team would likely beat a team with the best active Canadian players, though.  I think that the UK could put together a pretty good team as well.

Um eR33t/CC got great players but i think Starz, Ij, sI, and my clan uR have good enough players that can go in and win. EASILY J/K.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 06:31:44 PM by atmays »

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »
Nice idea! But I think this is unconvertible :( . My gain in experience with tournements tell me that this wouldn't start in success. Iam sorry about this and I will think about it -.-

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 01:46:42 PM »
The first PBCup I took part in was successful I'd say. So I guess if a tournament is organised properly, it can be a success

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »
The first PBCup I took part in was successful I'd say. So I guess if a tournament is organised properly, it can be a success
PBCup 2.0 was organised properly as well. Unfortunately there were some misunderstandings that broke the whole thing up.

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 07:13:29 AM »
hey i already said that ideia and nobody liked it because their r countries wich have more players than other so blablabla.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
Actually I think Germany would have enough chances to win a tournament like that with its best roster.(okay,not if the whole er33t team plays for the USA ;) )

But on the other hand I don't believe that DaRk,OTB and MeMi could do a "fusion" without argueing,even if its just for one tournament.

Germany simply has the same problem as the US team has:  every newbie thinks he is the best and must be on the roster.  And additionally, those 2 nations would have a huge problem deciding on a teamcaptain (Coma ftw!), without which it is impossible to form a team out of a bunch of individuals.

Biggest problem, as with all tournaments, will be the distance between the teams, and the resulting differences in ping and time. However, it would be interesting to see the outcome of this, especially if some of the DarkP members could be reactivated to play for the UK.

WiZ

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
K so i ahve a solution to picking the teams. The host nation, which for the first one would probably be USA or Germany. cause canadians can play on american servers, and people in uk can paly on german sservers..or watev, well so the committee will choose a host nation, and apoint somone to put together captains for allt he teams and then the captains will be verified by the committee to make it fair, then, the captains will chosoe the teams and the rosters have to be choosen by a certain date. then a round robin will occur and then intot he quater, smi and final match. winner gets the title of world chhampionss and maybe something a little extra. Like beside their name whent hey play pball or on the forums they will ahve a gold circle for first, second will be silver thrid brozne yaya?

-teams will consist of 10 players, 5 subs 5 players, each country will choose a map. they will paly this map and this one only with the exception of the finals. the tie map will be choosen ahead of tiime nad this will be used for everymatch that needs a tie, you will play with the most players u have  with a max of 5 (if u dont ahve 5 , 5v4 is allowed) then let the first annual world championship of paintball commence?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »
and people in uk can paly on german sservers

I'd rather play on UK servers...

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 01:20:27 PM »
I'd rather play on UK servers...

Or as we like to call it ˝the Laggy servers˝

Fine, since it's only Germany, Canada, USA and UK, I'll represent my country and 1vs5.

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
well since i live in portugal maybe i can get a portuguese team

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
well since i live in portugal maybe i can get a portuguese team

Unfortunately most other Portuguese players arn't good :D

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
We might lose to england in digitalpaint:paintball2 but we still win in football (at least we did the last 200 times).
And at least i think i would make it into my country's roster :D.:D.D:d.:D..:d

I don't think any country besides germany and usa can come up with 5 decent players.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 09:48:56 PM »
Arent we suppose to be talking about The Championship.....Just one question. How can it be a World Championship if half the world isn't going to be playing in it?

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20:31 AM »
Lol rick. I think you know what WiZ meant.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
No. It's meant.

7mau

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »

u tell them magalhaes!! PORTUGAL is the best!!
and lecky u r wrong about that because not all portuguese players suck like me... :)

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
I agree, I think uR would be the clan to beat.

I didnt say uR is the clan to beat.

I said uR, sI, Starz, and Ij have good enough players to be included on the USA team. I fell like people is looking only at eR33t and CC.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 02:45:42 PM »
Maybe if it was 40vs40 instead of 5v5 :P :P :P

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
Maybe if it was 40vs40 instead of 5v5 :P :P :P

With 40 subs allowed :D

7mau