Author Topic: Recorded Match demos  (Read 7199 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Recorded Match demos
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:14 AM »
Despite the situation. Is it permisable to ask for a player's demo?

And what right does a player have to refuse showing a demo?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Re: Recorded Match demos
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
You can always ask, but it depends from person to person whether they wanna share it with you or not.

He has any right to refuse to show it to another person since it's his recordings and personal data.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 01:39:33 AM »

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »
The point is to see your gampeplay and mistakes that you make so you can eliminate them, and also if you think your demo is good to share it with others. But, it's their wchoice to hand it out or no, since there are no instruments of making em to do so. Even if you suspect that the person is hacking, you can't make him to give his demo to you. If demos are automaticly uploaded after every match it could resolve this issue, but since they areen't and I don't believe they ever will, you need to ask for it.

So Craig, get on Mirc :P

P.S. nice movie

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:49:35 AM »
The point and please let us all consent is if you are skilled enough to use exploits...which were used.......and second to see if a player is using scopes.  Which were adamently denied by e3rrt or doid from using any bind beyond the gui..

From there i protest and wish to investigate.  Also learn.

When did learning and making your oppenent equal become not honorable?

Ranko .....mirc?   usless banter......just vent me or call me

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:53:38 AM »
It's not our responsibility to show you tricks that we've either found or learned through losing matches.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:55:42 AM »
I know what your point is, but there's no way to make someone to share his demos unless they are automaticly uploaded on dplogin. Because if they do use hacks/tweaks they sure wont give your demo to show you the proof.

I shall state it than right here, since I have nothing to hide. If anyone ever wishes to preview my demos I'll be glad to share them.

Mirc because I can always get an access to it from diferent comps, which is not the case with Vent (I don't tag my mic all arround).

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »
Hmmm. -1 for    equality (darkness)

Then why demo matches?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:22:03 AM by loial21 »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 02:01:17 AM »
In the more serious tournaments, it's usually required that you provide a demo so that it can be reviewed for cheats, etc., thus the auto-record.  Players should also be willing and able to provide demos from general matches, especially if auto-record is enabled.  In pub play, it's really up to the player if they want to provide a demo.  They may not even have one recorded.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:09:39 AM »
This was match specific...

we got our asses kicked and had some questions.

We wanted to show all how bob reacts and protest this behavior...like xb.....

Also it was once said that this clan we played against does not use binds out side of the GUI.

We wish to disprove this.

Thanks Nathan for the attention........please help ramified all.

In the coders mind what difference is there between match and public......all should be equal and held accountable....

period

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 06:06:02 AM »
Hmmm. -1 for    equality (darkness)

Then why demo matches?

He means team strategies. Like I have no problem showing people my demos because I just dont care who sees what I see but like, some players have their own lining spots in maps, their own jump lines, as well as their own style of gameplay.

We just mean to have to give people our demos is an invasion of privacy, unless of course it is to check for hacks.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 08:03:29 AM »
Thats why ppl should vote for server side demo's    :D

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 08:46:43 AM »
I'm a little confused.

We wanted to show all how bob reacts and protest this behavior...like xb.....

Are you talking about me, or crossbones?  I'll assume that you're talking about me, BoB and the rest of eR33t in this thread.

Also it was once said that this clan we played against does not use binds out side of the GUI.

We wish to disprove this.

I never said that we didn't use any binds outside of the GUI, I said:
I can speak on behalf of [20ID] when I say that none of us use anything out of the ordinary.  We don't use zoom scripts, hand scripts, double-jump scripts, bright skins, spiked models, white textures, modified smoke, excessive gamma levels or anything to give us any sort of advantage.

We all use recon binds.  If you're looking for double jump scripts, zoom scripts, etc. you're not going to find it.  Do you think recon binds are bad?  Keep in mind that we're one of the few teams that do not use voice recon, nor do we use LOCs.  It can be said that this puts us at a pretty big disadvantage.

As for the issue of demo disclosure, it's entirely up to the person that recorded the demo.  A suggestion is that you could make a rule on your server's MOTD that demos must be provided if asked for within x days.  I usually give out my demos to a few people who like to watch them, and have only ever held a couple back due to mm2 that other people didn't need to see.  I'm sure if you really wanted to see one of BoB's demos I could get him to upload them.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 10:10:21 AM »
Well I have a question.

Why is people trying to prevent use of certain scripts. Zoom scripts, Dj Scripts, I think Hand Scripts, ect.

I find it better that we can customize our view and movements while we play. I dont play on the standard view i use hudscale 1 I think. I see better this way. LIke i think its stupid how people trying to make everyone play like them or in the way they play. I dont think none of the scripts give anyone an advantage so all that "we need equality" bull need to stop. From what I know everyone can use the scripts, if you dont want to use them dont try to make it so others cant use them. I have seen in Tournaments that they was trying to prevent the use of movement scripts or whatever. Why?

I like the game cause of the extra things i can do to make myself comfortable when I play. Just my opinion.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing some of your demos if you all want to upload em. We would require trainees to watch them!

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:22:20 AM »
Sure I wouldnt mind m7.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:50 AM »
I'm going to upload a set of the past week's demos tonight. eR33t vs. -uR-(4v4), .Ij.(4v4/3v3), [cF](5v5) and [CC](3v3)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
thnx bain

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
Well Xbain you handle that. I was gone upload our match.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »
Demos should only needed to be provided to players if there is some kind cheat accusation, and only if those competing players are in the same level of skill range.