Author Topic: The training clan network is dissolved  (Read 9982 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
The training clan network is dissolved
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
A month ago we started a training clan network by founding WSL with Flip at the helm. WSL  was the first of four planned related training clans. The experiment taught us a lot, and WSL has done well. But after some time it was clear that the original goal for the network may not be feasible.

The clans have gotten to know each other well, and work together. But the administrative load is high. Leaders must know all the members of both, handle member conflicts in both, though they only have authority in one. The work goes up exponentially when dealing with two different organizations, and I imagine it would be much worse with three or four.

And we found that the clans operated more as one clan under two tags then two clans that would scrim each other often, as was the goal.

Therefore I have dissolved the network with the intent that both clans will continue on if possible. They can then scrim each other at times, but be separate entities. I have put the forums back to just InT and WSL will likely have its own forums soon.

The vision did not come to pass. In my estimation any network must be such that it is a loose coalition, not a close tie where the leaders of one essentially take on both clans.

I still hope to help any stable leaders who want to begin a training clan. We found that the actual recruitment and formation was easier than expected. We can help clans this way, and then let them go their own direction.

A big thanks to Flip, Vicious, Nub, etc. who have helped with WSL, I wish you all luck in the future.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:35:22 PM by m7feettall »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: The training clan network is dissolved
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:29:14 AM »
ah well.... the bright side of this being some of the members can move on to bigger and better things. The down side being we won't be able to enjoy each others company. Thanks a lot to all the players of both teams. It was fun and we learned a lot from one another. Especially Nub ... for going the extra mile with irc and M7 for giving the network his all. It was fun times. I remember when Nub couldn't get his speed over 40mph. When all of us were trying to make all those jumps on sand assault. It was good times. As for me , I would like to become a member of one of the better teams so I can continue to grow. Anyone?  If no one takes me then I will likely stay with WsL or go back to crusaders. I'm always here if anyone needs help learning the basics or help with any of the other aspects.

-flip

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »
Unless otherwise notified, I'll still keep the server up for InT and WsL.

Good luck.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »
Unless otherwise notified, I'll still keep the server up for InT and WsL.

Good luck.

Thank you Knack, I was going to pm to ask what the status was there.

We will have to see what pans out here.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:23:58 AM »
thanks knack. I'm sure M7 would love to keep it up and so would I. I love being able to change the maps for practice. Oh.. is it possible to get renior added to the maps?

p.s.  get on vent M

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »
Update: Flip is in CF.

It looks like Vicious will move on. Nub is gone for a week So WSL may be toast. Nub if you get a chance drop me a note and I will hold things together until you get back if you want.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »
Update: I am too.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »
Update: I am too.

Good luck to you both :)  They are getting some good folks.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
WSL is now dead.  Nub has decided not to continue. 

insane16

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
wow that was  a fast  call

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 06:49:46 PM »
Man its sad to see this network go.  I thought it was a good idea.  Good luck to the old WsL players.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 06:56:01 PM »
yeah...
To a point it does suck that it died but at the same time it was our own fault for letting the two teams get too close. Hopefully I will learn a lot from the Coldfusion team. Great group of people. All the players from WsL will be fine. There were a couple of great players who will have no problem finding a new home. On a side note... I love how I've been in [cF] for less than a day already skeet is flaming about how they shouldn't have picked me up. Guess I suck less.

insane16

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
I may try to start it up to see what i can do with the clan and also for the clan.Would you allow me to do that Flip?LOL that figures.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »
yeah...
To a point it does suck that it died but at the same time it was our own fault for letting the two teams get too close. Hopefully I will learn a lot from the Coldfusion team. Great group of people. All the players from WsL will be fine. There were a couple of great players who will have no problem finding a new home. On a side note... I love how I've been in [cF] for less than a day already skeet is flaming about how they shouldn't have picked me up. Guess I suck less.

Lol

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »
I may try to start it up to see what i can do with the clan and also for the clan.Would you allow me to do that Flip?LOL that figures.

You will have to talk to Nub about that.

insane16

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »
ok he wont answer me on mirc.lol

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
ya, o well good times and yes thanks to flip, i have gotten a little faster.

so ya im up for grabs.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
Knack, thanks for letting us continue to use the server.

BTW it was InT that is ongoing, WSL is dead, so you may need to re-edit the server name.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »
I fixed it as soon as I did it. It's showing correct now.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »
I fixed it as soon as I did it. It's showing correct now.
InT for the win.