Author Topic: another new map  (Read 4087 times)

Nikademis

• Stingray
another new map
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »
another map i created, find an prob, take a screen shot. sl the textures from the other map i posted. and b4 u say the lights are not aligned, i know, lol

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: another new map
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
Ok...
First off the textures are nice but... finish one map to completion and then you can release another one.  The first map you posted needs a lot of tweaking and now you post another one, the same day, that needs a lot of tweaking.  One at a time my friend.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »
Whaaaaaat is going on up there.
Texture misalignment everywhere, the walls are made of lights (?), the X is made out of who-knows what (A custom texture, I assume), pirate skulls?, vertical rock walls among all this, barrels made of barrel lids, AND IT'S NOT LIT OR VIS'D.

Please do texture appropriately. And VIS/RAD. And not release your first few maps.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »
well, i get bored of makin one map so since i had that 1 i figure when i get bored of workin on or get frustrated with it i can change makes, texture misalignment u r refering to the lights??? the map is lit

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »
Probably the best textured map I've ever seen.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
Probably the best textured map I've ever seen.
I love sarcasm. 
Anyway, Nikademis, listen to Eiii advice on releasing your first maps.  This map looks cool but it is more of funny map, not a map to be releasing with the hopes of being able to have people play it in pubs.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »
What the intercourse? Please read the tutorials here.

EDIT: Ok, on a less excretory opening note:

well, i get bored of makin one map so since i had that 1 i figure when i get bored of workin on or get frustrated with it i can change makes, texture misalignment u r refering to the lights??? the map is lit

If you get bored that easily, and just can't focus on making one map.. decent before starting another one, mapping might just not be for you :)

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 10:44:41 AM »
     well, this map was modeled after UB Cliffs. I hate people who camp & spawn kill in UB Cliffs. There are idiots that think its great to camp and spawn kill, so i made this map to try help eliminate that.
    I sent to a friend about 2 months ago who has a server & we were playing it. We failed to realize that people were jumping on his server & they did like it. I know the lights have to be fixed. The R_SPEEDS are not to bad. It will be placed on his server & my server in the near future.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
ok, another thing any of you who posted have a map??? like to see what you did, what makes your map special, any little tricks. :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »
ok, what is the link for??? I know there maps here, why the link??

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
and this does what???

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »
Please stop acting as though your map is God.  Listen to these people.  They have a lot more experience and wisdom when it comes to making and releasing then you do.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
i am not trying to act like anything.....i just want to know what those links do. thats all. and if you are referring to about if people have maps......i was asking so if they do have a map i could see it maybe learn something.........................................................................................

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »
Yeah, so blaa sent you a link to some top-quality maps you could compare with, and I linked you to some source files for maps so you can steal stuff from them (or just learn from them).

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
thank you ViciouZ. I have all these maps downloaded. some of those maps are pretty cool. BUt being a 15 yr veteran of real paintball, I am trying to design a map where you really can't camp and if you do it won't be long till some one shoots you or you move. What maps do you think are the best?  that could be a starting place.......thanks again

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »
You're making a map for the wrong game then.

Nikademis

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
my point is people are tired of campers so i am trying to taking camping away with any map i create

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
Oh, good luck with that.