Author Topic: Request: Just a few things  (Read 5207 times)

DTemplar88

• PGP
Request: Just a few things
« on: October 05, 2005, 06:56:40 AM »
First of all, I'd like to start by noting I'm a fragile newb, so please keep flogging to a minimum if possible, but onto the requests/suggestion things...

1. I had tried playing a paintball game for Half-Life, and it was interesting because you started with the generic pistol, and as you captured the flag, you made $50 dollars, and everytime it was returned, your team made $300 dollars apeice. As you gained money you could press a binded key and (in your base only) you open a menu which allowed you to buy CO2, paintballs, different guns, and miscellaneous stuff like a scope, laser sight and grenades. It might be interesting to have this implemented, but have it optional so when someone makes a game it'll say [Menu] or something. I suppose that would fall under realism. (Braces self for beating)

2. I guess it would make things cheap, but like in all FPS, there should be a hidden area or something that could be reached if you could find it or whatever, but you could get an auto-topper, which wouldn't mean non-stop firing, but just maybe a second or two.

3. The grenade is cool, but maybe instead of a random fiesta of paintballs which can be set to extremely cheap amount of paintball flying everywhere, you could just have it spin and look like a smoke bomb (like in Extreme Paintbrawl) and anyone withing a settable amount of feet from the grenade would be eliminated with a default of 15 or something.

4. Maybe some type of weather can be put in like fog, or rain, that would make things difficult for everyone, or maybe just make your mask have droplets on it so it makes you agitated.

5. I've seen all the "Plz add new markers" posts getting shot down, but It might be interesting to see the more unique markers such as those carried by rap4.com, like the grenade launcher, a player would have only 6 shots, but it would be almost like a shotgun, firing 5-11 balls, and having a crappy delay between shots to stop from mass destruction. Also, the markers that imitate real guns would be interesting since you would have a really accurate gun, but only 16 shots per clip until you had to reload as they don't use toppers.

6. I see that we have all the basics modes of an FPS, but also what might be an interesting idea, like I think it was in Timesplitters 2 or 3, is a scenario game where you had to disarm all the AI controlled opponent's and fulfill quests as they came along. It might be fun to have to use an airsoft rocket launcher to take out a paintball tank just like at a real scenario game.

7. As for the thing about models/skins, maybe you could just have a character select type option, and during every new release include the best character/skins submitted.

8. As I can see from the glares I have overstayed my welcome, and I shall return to my world of pretend. As for my ideas, if you think they're good, that yay for me, and if they all suck or have been previously rejected and I've noobishly dug them back up, then I take my flogging with grace, and a girly scream.

Thanks for reading, or what not...

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Request: Just a few things
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 08:22:17 AM »
1. You will be flogged for suggesting that here. It just won't work, and jits will explain why for the 30th time now.

2. Auto-topper? You mean Auto-cocker? Yeah, some maps have that, but we can't control the mapmakers.

3. No, the paint grenade is too cool to change. Also, Extreme Paintbrawl is the worst game ever. Let's not take anything from it.

4. Fog is already in, but it looks ugly. I like the 'rain drops on your visor' idea, weather that's what you were saying or not.

5. A Paintball shotgun would be overpowered, most likely. But, if you can get jits to do it, we can try.

6. Single player MAY be added when the bots stop sucking. MAYBE.

7. Yes, this has been discussed.

8. Okay, you can leave, but you'll miss the flogging!

DTemplar88

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:46:42 AM »
Well, I don't want to miss the flogging. Anyways, in response:

Yea, I see why it can't be done.

No, an electronic topper which would either increase the rate of fire, or let you fire continuously with an automatic for a bit longer.

Yes, it was indeed the worst game ever, its melted remains are now stuck to the side of my house.

Yes, the raindrops on the visor was what I was getting at, and maybe spray if possible. A splat that lasts would get annoying, especially if there had to be a button to clean it.

True, but limit its capability such as not being able to run, or only 1 shot, and it would be pretty tame, it would be pretty heavy afterall.

Otay.

Sorry, I didn't see it when I surfed the forums.

Nah, I'll stay, I like it here ^_^

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
1. It just won't work. Let me use jit's explanation...
If you let the good players get the better guns, they just get more of an advantage, so that all the new players are stuck with ttracers or pgps, while the good ones have autocokers. That's it in a nutshell.

DTemplar88

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:28:46 AM »
I already acknowledged that it was a bad idea, it just seemed interesting at the time, but a closer look shows the horrible flaws. But since your the only person posting here and I'm bored, what do you want to see put in this game eiii?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 11:57:48 AM »
1. I've never liked buying systems.  As eiii pointed out, it just makes the winning team have more and more of an advantage.

2. This depends on the map.  Some maps do have "secret areas" that either have better equipment or provide shortcuts/gameplay advantages.

3. I think people will get upset if I make any more changes to the paint grenades.

4. Weather effects are planned, but it may be a while before they are implemented.

5. I don't plan on adding/changing weapons unless I ever get everything else done and there's nothing else to do.  It's too time consuming and doesn't really add much, if anything.

6. I'd like to do a single player/coop mode at some point, but it won't have paintball tanks and rocket launchers.  It would probably be more like siege mode.

7. We need to polish up the current characters first, but we do plan to support more.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 06:06:44 PM »
what do you want to see put in this game eiii?

Personally, I want some kind of efficient terrain system, no matter how badly it would work with the gameplay. (<- kinda like a new map format)
Vehicles are just a dream, and would be fun, but completely change the game.
Also, 'Get the guy with the Autococker'. :D

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 07:46:03 PM »
I'd like a paintball-redeemer like in Unreal Tournament.
A Paintball boobytrap.
A holographic decoy.
A translocator.
A jetpack.
A shield.
rollerskates.
Targetlocking mechanism.
Being able to pick up 2 guns and use them at the same time.
Flashgrenades.
boomerang paintballs.
 8)

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 07:54:11 PM »
 :-\

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 08:05:40 PM »
1. You will be flogged for suggesting that here. It just won't work, and jits will explain why for the 30th time now.

2. Auto-topper? You mean Auto-cocker? Yeah, some maps have that, but we can't control the mapmakers.

3. No, the paint grenade is too cool to change. Also, Extreme Paintbrawl is the worst game ever. Let's not take anything from it.

4. Fog is already in, but it looks ugly. I like the 'rain drops on your visor' idea, weather that's what you were saying or not.

5. A Paintball shotgun would be overpowered, most likely. But, if you can get jits to do it, we can try.

6. Single player MAY be added when the bots stop sucking. MAYBE.

7. Yes, this has been discussed.

8. Okay, you can leave, but you'll miss the flogging!
1. EIO likes spanking things :)
2. Powerups = Fun
3. Freeze nades that hold you in place, Viruse nades that will kill after 10 sec.
4. Realistic.....what?
5. Bah. Sniper class single shot.
6. repeat 5

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 08:20:56 PM »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 08:37:05 PM »
a slow time pick up ...hmmm that is super kewl!!!!!

I can here all the veteran pbers ...WTF!!!!!!!!! IS !!!!!    THIS!!!!!!   It sucks!!! blah blah blah....etc blah.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »
lol. A slow time pickup would suck...

A lot.

DTemplar88

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 09:39:58 PM »
A sniper paintball gun, and any power-ups would immediately ruin the game, because everyone would become a sniper, the game would stand perfectly still until someone made a move, then pop, their out, then it just sits there... and power ups are also stupid "OMFGZ! I JUST GOT QUAD DAMAGE! IM GONNA PWN!" >.> "Calm down, it's paintball..." They said they weren't looking to make the game realistic yet, but that doesn't mean there needs to be magical floating icons that grant you the mystic ability to shoot people easier.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 10:30:14 PM »
lol. A slow time pickup would suck...

A lot.
We could call it the "dial-up power-up!"

Hehe, qwpb still had quad damage -- people would explode.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 10:36:25 PM »
That might be fun... only an upgrade that doesn't matter.

OH!
Jits, you should make it so that (at the end of each game) paintball can output a READABLE stats file. Readable for stats programs, that is. Maybe even during the game!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 01:24:27 AM »
Patience, young grasshopper!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 07:43:32 AM »
I'm not an insect!

OMFG! POST #1234!
* eiii has a party.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 04:45:12 PM by eiii »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »
You sure look like one:

eiii <- no head, though
| |
| Legs (side view so you can only see 3 of them)
Abdomen

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »
Uhhh?