Author Topic: Tweak: Return Ball Speed To Previous Setting  (Read 20072 times)

Chocosaur

• PGP
Re: Tweak: Return Ball Speed To Previous Setting
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
Pls change it back or let me vote on it. I'm 20, playing pb at times when I was sth. like 16 I think. I don't want to have those frustrating times again, like they were when I begun... It's no fun anymore!

All just to make a bunch of newbs have a not-so-much frustrating start in this game, before they will quit when the 6th farcry-clone has been released (because gfx/play/bullet-flight-behavior/.. is "soooo realistic"..... ) ?

If it's really coz of realism: The majority of the players never played rl pb be4 and didnt even mention anything of that gained realism, just having a terrible aim...

A countermeasure for lining? Set it back! To me it's better getting lined the 6th time by the same player then having an aim like a player that just joined dp2.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
So that is what happened?

I couldn't figure out why everything seemed different about aiming.  I don't care for the new speed. Especially on PGP it is rough .

I was never that great at aiming anyway, but at least I was used to it.  I don't feel like investing the time to re-learn a game I already learned.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:05:21 PM by m7feettall »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »
All of you need to get over it :D

Buts jits should be careful not to try and make this game "realistic". I enjoy playing this game mainly for the fact that it isn't a sim, so using "its more realistic" as a reason for this change really doesn't make much sense.

Anyhow something that effects the elite matching community like this will always cause uproar as it is something that does change the way you must play, but yeah get over it already...

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:48 AM »
Buts jits should be careful not to try and make this game "realistic". I enjoy playing this game mainly for the fact that it isn't a sim, so using "its more realistic" as a reason for this change really doesn't make much sense.
Okay, makes it more unique. :D :D
I mean, what other games have 1 hit kills AND non-instant bullets that are this slow?
Josh gets ready for people to come at him with a million games that have 1 hit kills non-instant bullets that are this slow
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:20:24 PM by KnacK »

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »
"At the time, of course people complained (I think mostly because the vets didn't have a huge advantage over new players anymore)."
-- jitspoe

Veterans have always maintained a huge advantage over new players. There are really a lot more important factors in this game than how well you can aim and quickly hit a target (movement, ability to predict opponent movement, knowledge of maps and angles, using sounds effectively, the list goes on..) and that has always been consistent. You can bring the best rail-gun gamer in the world into DP and dump them into a random map, and I will obliterate them. Sure, they'll fair better than someone who only plays online chess, but quick reflexes and aim are just a few of the requirements to be very good..

I think the problem is much less with what WAS changed, and much more with HOW it was changed (without any attempt at proper discussion, rebuttal, or explanation). I love the efforts that have been recently made for a more organized 'committee' , as well as things like the feature voting. Let's make sure we always use these tools in the future to encourage intelligent debate and discussion; even if we feel we _know_ what is best for the community.

</endrant>

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 10:52:30 AM »
PLEASE let this topic die. I really don't care if they change the flippin ball speed the point is that jits said nothing and hopefully learnt something.

I can't find the quote, so I'll reinact what I once saw happen to a not-dying-that-should-be topic

</topic>