Author Topic: Tweak: Return Ball Speed To Previous Setting  (Read 20081 times)

Herron

• VM-68
Re: Tweak: Return Ball Speed To Previous Setting
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »
EDIT: The ball speed actually resets every map change. Apparently it is 'hardcoded', in at least one sense. This really should be fixed ASAP.

Is that only when you use the "map" command to change maps?  Or does it do it when you login and use "newmap," as well?  What about when frag/cap/time limit is reached and the server automatically goes to next map in rotation -- does it revert then?  Just asking out of curiousity.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
There's no point fixing it.  jitspoe hardcoded the changes to the barrel speed, so it still won't be the same that it was before.  Might as well just leave it now and get used to the aiming all over again.  Too bad everyone called us a bunch of whiners for getting upset at jitspoe when the change had just been made... I'm pretty sure we've been playing with the previous setting for longer than eR33t has been around (6yrs).

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
Why don't we change the default gravity to 1000.  To prevent people from jumping too high for the new players to hit.  While we're at it let's take out all the hoppers, because it's too easy to kill a lot of people when you have more than 40 paint.  We should also take out the steel barrel.  This would ensure no one can ever get decent aim.  And since we are trying to make this like real paintball all of a sudden, take out strafe jumping also, because the new players can't hit you when you go fast.  We could also remove always run,  actually remove running all together and turn tripping on on all servers just to make sure we don't go too fast.

......PLEASE let the community vote on the ballspeed change jitspoe.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:24:52 PM by SuperMAn »

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »
Why don't we change the default gravity to 1000.  To prevent people from jumping too high for the new players to hit.  While we're at it let's take out all the hoppers, because it's too easy to kill a lot of people when you have more than 40 paint.  We should also take out the steel barrel.  This would ensure no one can ever get decent aim.  And since we are trying to make this like real paintball all of a sudden, take out strafe jumping also, because the new players can't hit you when you go fast. 

......PLEASE let the community vote on the ballspeed change jitspoe.

Seconded.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure we've been playing with the previous setting for longer than eR33t has been around (6yrs).
I'm pretty sure all 6 of those years somebody from eR33t has complained about the previous ball speed being too fast.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »
the old speed was faster
My bad.

Just let the server decide whether or not they want to change the ballspeed. Is it included in the bottom right of the serverbrowser? I havnt enough time to check

Major

• Stingray
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:01 AM »
love the new ballspeed :) more realistsic, everyone complains about how the textures are poor and they want hi res one's, meaning they want the game to look more like real life, so why not have the game play like real life? i like the new feature because it makes it way harder to camp. and why change it now alot of people are used to it, if you change it back it would mess everyone up.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 07:29:02 AM »
Why don't we just get rid of strafe jumping while we're at it?!? Cos it's a stupid idea and it's one of the only things that makes the game unique. Who ever said that flying over people was realistic? It's still fun

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
love the new ballspeed :) more realistsic, everyone complains about how the textures are poor and they want hi res one's, meaning they want the game to look more like real life, so why not have the game play like real life? i like the new feature because it makes it way harder to camp. and why change it now alot of people are used to it, if you change it back it would mess everyone up.

Who said its harder to camp?

Back on topic.

I think the ballspeed is perfect now. You actually got know how to play now. Before just drop a line and bam you gone come out with the win. I seen so many people match us and say they wish the ballspeed was low so i couldn't camp. Now when it happens its a big problem.

Just suck it up and get use to it again.

Major

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »
its harder to camp because say in blitz if your ducking under a window somones line can now drop right on you, or in propaint1 if somones rushing out cat you actually have to aim more infront of him.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
Who said its harder to camp?

Back on topic.

I think the ballspeed is perfect now. You actually got know how to play now. Before just drop a line and bam you gone come out with the win. I seen so many people match us and say they wish the ballspeed was low so i couldn't camp. Now when it happens its a big problem.

Just suck it up and get use to it again.

I wonder whats the back on topic in there for?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 11:38:28 AM »
heh deleted my post about jitspoe being a dictator...  Good thing no one is aloud to tell the truth, or else these forums might be productive.  IM NOT SAYING CHANGE IT BACK!  IM SAYING LET THE COMMUNITY VOTE ON IT.  If it is really better for the game then the community will vote for it.

and whoever deleted my post, please tell me why?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »

Comparing jitspoe changing a line of code to a dictator who ordered and led the slaughtering of millions of people (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust) is not acceptable and completely tasteless.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »
The old ball speed was cool. I say just switch it back
Yes.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
heh deleted my post about jitspoe being a dictator...  Good thing no one is aloud to tell the truth, or else these forums might be productive.  IM NOT SAYING CHANGE IT BACK!  IM SAYING LET THE COMMUNITY VOTE ON IT.  If it is really better for the game then the community will vote for it.

If you would have made a constructive post, you wouldn't have to wait 7 days to respond now would you......

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »
so basically everyones a noob again? i should make a comeback

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 01:58:15 PM »
Good thing no one is aloud to tell the truth, or else these forums might be productive
hmm, let me check.....yep, the feauture vote is still working. Phew, I was worried for a sec there. There is more to the forums/feature vote than just getting what you (or part of the community) want. Ultimately, it's what Jits wants (and/or the comitte). They listen to us and take into consideration what we say. If everything were pure democracy, the game would probably suck. jits had to get rid of some crap ideas that the comunity suggested, right jits?

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 03:08:28 PM »
It wouldn't just be Jitspoe's decision to get rid of the bad ideas.  If someone requested the feature and there was nothing but negative feedback, it might be removed but I have yet to see a topic in the feature vote board get removed and not put up for vote.  If something is put on the the feature vote board, Jitspoe will give feedback about the request but will still put the request up for vote.  Also, the committee has absolutely no say it what is implemented in the game.  The committee is for ban time voting and have to vote for a feature like everyone else.  Please check your facts before you say something of this nature.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »
garrett learn to read, he said community not committee.  god.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 07:24:03 AM »
Ultimately, it's what Jits wants (and/or the comitte).
I said comittee. My bad :D.
anyways,
The committee is for ban time voting and have to vote for a feature like everyone else.
My bad...(again). What I meant was that at the end of the day, it's jits that implements most stuff