Author Topic: This is ridiculous.  (Read 8333 times)

Smokey

• Autococker
This is ridiculous.
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
The committee chosen is absolute excrement, There should be no drama about committee members cheating. If  they're leaders to the community, and there is even anything that makes people suspect they are cheating (other than skill) then they clearly don't deserve a place on the committee.

I suggest you radically change the system, fast.

coLa

• Autococker
Re: This is ridiculous.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »
+1, i call for a re-election at the very least.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »
ya i mean spook flames me all the time on the forums

This is a joke, and a lie at the very least.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:33:47 PM »
i laugh at the idea of spook having "leadership abilities". thanks for the chuckle y00tz.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:34:29 PM »
VOTE FOR ME :P im kidding.
On a serious note, i think we should get a more "fast" committe. That makes decisions in 1-5 days.....not 1 day - 1 month......Anyone get what im saying?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
On a serious note, i think we should get a more "fast" committe. That makes decisions in 1-5 days.....not 1 day - 1 month......Anyone get what im saying?
+1 for that excrement.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »
We don't need a fast committee. We just need one that is competent. And one that does not leak information. Also they need to think for themselves instead of just following the vote of the first person.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:43:55 PM »
We don't need a fast committee. We just need one that is competent. And one that does not leak information. Also they need to think for themselves instead of just following the vote of the first person.
True...but i still think we need a fast committee.....

War

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
Or when you select them. Dont tell everyone who it is, So no people get the urge to ask them about stuff discussed in the super secret forums ^_^.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »
Yeah I guess so. I mean it only took 2 months before I got banned.

We need to know who they are so that we can report stuff to them. Or you could just have a person that is like the committee rep but is not actually part of it.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 11:47:05 PM »
Yeah I guess so. I mean it only took 2 months before I got banned.
Key word...."only"

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »
lets just say that the committee is full of stupid ppl

User banned for this post and several other irrelevent posts in the past week.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:50:52 AM by KnacK »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 12:00:58 AM »
I do not agree with that. I think that the committee is quite smart. Why would you think that there stupid??and i can understand why Spook accussingly flamed you, i have seen you post 10 times and im already sick of you :P(No offence ment.)

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 12:38:42 AM »
a re-election might be in order... i can't believe the number of incidents that have popped up on these thread for the past few days... eek!

the committee was chosen on the basis of... popularity and their positive involvement in the community. if re-election is done again, how can we be guaranteed that those members (new committee) wont do the same things?

not trying to link the other posts here but i have to side with kilo... 1024 day ban is a bit harsh for him...

the chaos that's happening will only drive people away.

the gaming community hasn't changed from 10 years ago... people still trying to cheat and people behaving childishly.

the committee is not full of stupid people... comments like that usually mean you did something to tick the committee off.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »
I agree that they are not stupid. They just have their favorites. And they also don't take all things into account.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »
You've been here for what, two days? Stop posting what you read and actually meddling look into things.

I think the biggest issue with the committee is (was) it's popular election. We need a jits-and-knack (and perhaps others) assigned committee, from which people can be added to and booted given certain circumstances.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »
everyone has their favourites... but if people are going to hand out punishment based on their personal feelings then we have a whole new problem.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »
actually Eiii ive been playing for a year

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 01:16:30 AM »
You've been here for what, two days? Stop posting what you read and actually meddling look into things.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
It seems as though the only ones happy with the committee are those a part of it (or with a vested interest in being a suck up). And even then it seems as though there are different views on the punishments that have been levied. There are far to many people on the committee that are:

a) too young to reason through the problems / ban times
b) too stupid to reason through the problems / ban times
c) too caught up in impressing jitspoe/their friends to reason through the problems / ban times
d) just fold to any type of peer pressure and refuse to think for themselves.
or e) all of the above.

While the committee may, under the right circumstances, be a good idea. The way it is currently implemented and elected is not. It is just a group of people who sucked up the most, had the highest post counts, or the few who got in there because they truly deserved to be.