2 (2.4%)
3 (3.7%)
2 (2.4%)
5 (6.1%)
0 (0%)
4 (4.9%)
41 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: My Ban tim  (Read 21094 times)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Re: My Ban tim
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »
I might agree with the statement "But at the very least he should start perma banning anyone who cheats or distributes from here on out.", but the statement/view "I would ban anyone who EVER cheated at the game." is just plain ridiculous... My opinion of course...

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
People can change. But results from actions may follow them. We have all made mistakes in life that followed us.  Whether he cheated six months ago, a year ago or today those who are getting banned now know that he CHEATED at this game. He broke the rules and others suffered for it. And now he hands down bans to others. That gives the committee an image problem. You might say it isn't fair. No it probably isn't. But it is reality.

Now I have another thread going where I suggest the 1k day ban from here on out and forget the ones in the past. That is not my first choice, but seems far better than the current. But if it were up to me I would ban anyone who ever cheated, and this thread asks for our opinions. Then there are no questions of favorites and there is a clear message that cheating gets you booted. 

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
Was he not punished way back then for whatever he did wrong?  You're dealing with mostly young children, teens, or young adults here on a FREE game and while I agree that there are sometimes repercussions for things we do wrong I can't help but feel your "viewpoint"  sways towards that of an extremist.  The mentality of "You were a bad boy over a year ago so you should be punished now for it" makes no sense to me.

Maybe people can change... Maybe he learned from his mistake and became a productive asset to the community.

To those who seem to have a problem with his past I would simply remind them that "That was then and this is now"  Things were dealt with differently back in those days and now this is the punishment for cheating.  Cheating will simply not be tolerated.

As a committee member it should be your duty to help move this game forward and help it progress...  NOT waste time drudging up old old past and catering to those who seem to have nothing better to do but whine, flame, stir up trouble and complain.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 08:59:55 PM »
m7feettall

um actually i used penix over 3 years ago
(I ALLREADY HAVE ADMITED TO THIS A LONG TIME AGO) nothing was done about it

and a year and a half ago. i told darkness about tga textures.

and, jitspoe has wiped everyones slate clean like a year ago.

the reason this was even brought up.

is because darkness got caught cheating recently. and making guides to making cheats.

he brought these out to get me in trouble with him

then carcoal was banned for a demo from a long time ago. but no one know how old it was. soo he was  banned. he recently came back on and was unbanned after they found out how long ago the video was made.

read  topics before you post please ^^

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 09:19:32 PM »
Was he not punished way back then for whatever he did wrong?  You're dealing with mostly young children, teens, or young adults here on a FREE game and while I agree that there are sometimes repercussions for things we do wrong I can't help but feel your "viewpoint"  sways towards that of an extremist.  The mentality of "You were a bad boy over a year ago so you should be punished now for it" makes no sense to me.

Then by that reasoning we should never perma ban because we have mostly young folks. I simply disagree.

Maybe people can change... Maybe he learned from his mistake and became a productive asset to the community.

I wholeheartedly think people can change.  But to think it won't come up is naive when he is in a position responsible for giving out bans. The current committee model feeds this. Folks feel if they can create a big enough stir they can influence the days a ban goes.

If you perma ban everyone who cheats that goes out the window. Then the only question the committee asks is, was there cheating or distribution? If yes then there is a perma ban.

To those who seem to have a problem with his past I would simply remind them that "That was then and this is now"  Things were dealt with differently back in those days and now this is the punishment for cheating.  Cheating will simply not be tolerated.

Fair enough. I hope they do in fact demonstrate that it is not tolerated. And they can prove it by giving EVERYONE a 1k day ban when they have anything to do with cheating. There is no reason for little 32 day bans. If they do it going forward and leave the past the past that is fine.

As a committee member it should be your duty to help move this game forward and help it progress...  NOT waste time drudging up old old past and catering to those who seem to have nothing better to do but whine, flame, stir up trouble and complain.

Who is this directed to? Warwulf?

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
m7feettall

um actually i used penix over 3 years ago
(I ALLREADY HAVE ADMITED TO THIS A LONG TIME AGO) nothing was done about it

and a year and a half ago. i told darkness about tga textures.

and, jitspoe has wiped everyones slate clean like a year ago.

the reason this was even brought up.

is because darkness got caught cheating recently. and making guides to making cheats.

he brought these out to get me in trouble with him

then carcoal was banned for a demo from a long time ago. but no one know how old it was. soo he was  banned. he recently came back on and was unbanned after they found out how long ago the video was made.

read  topics before you post please ^^

I read them all.  I still feel that everyone who ever cheated should be perma banned. That is my view. If you don't want my view don't make a poll soliciting it.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »
 heh even when i did have it i didnt really use it that.   i did have one about 8 years ago that i used for like 2 months

the 3 reasons i had penix for

#1  reviewing cheats
#2 practicing on private servers with rez
#3 playing against ganja in public servers till he left. because he does nothing but cheat lol.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »
Then by that reasoning we should never perma ban because we have mostly young folks. I simply disagree.

I simply did NOT say that.  I find your interpretation of what I've said quiet odd.  Read into it what you will I suppose.

I wholeheartedly think people can change.  But to think it won't come up is naive when he is in a position responsible for giving out bans.

The fact that it might come up is not the issue... How you handle it if it does seems of greater importance to me...

Who is this directed to? Warwulf?

You...

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
I simply did NOT say that.

I did not say you said it. I said your reasoning taken to its logical conclusion would prevent permanent bans.

If you wish to give mercy to one changed person--warwulf--then why would you make no future provision for kilo, etc. to change?  If warwulf's tender age was a factor, why not kilo's?

For me, i don't care if he does change. I would remove all cheaters and those who help them because they bring suspicion on the game. He will survive without DP, and DP will survive without him.

The fact that it might come up is not the issue... How you handle it if it does seems of greater importance to me...

I did not raise the point. Nor was it something I was discussing until Warwulf voluntarily posted this thread asking for opinions.

You...

Then you are mistaken. I am not on the committee. I have never  been on the committee. I didn't drudge up anything. Nor am I catering. Warwulf raised the question and I stated my answer-- I say ban all cheaters.

Were I catering to the other element I would say ban NO cheaters, because that is ultimately what they want from this protest. I just want to play the game with assurance that cheating is taken care of when it is known to have occurred.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
My mistake... I misinterpreted some posts to other threads which lead me to believe you were on the committee.

I agree that cheaters should be banned.  The ban times need to be a tad stiffer than they are now but not out of line...  Maybe I'm a softy and believe in 2nd chances.  A repeat offender should be perm banned IMHO.

Past needs to simply be left in the past...

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
No problem.

Given that Jitspoe already said that there was a clean slate I think we have no choice but to leave the past in the past.

I would probably even be quite happy to see something like what you outline--second chance then permanent.  But the 32, 64, etc. is just silly. And every time I see someone off those tiny bans I am wondering in the back of my mind if they are cheating again. When player after player is caught cheating people naturally suspect the game is not being played fairly. We can't control what we don't know about. But when we do know and  just give a slap on the wrist  I think that sucks for those of us just wanting to play a fair game. It sends the wrong message.

I will say I am glad to see the committee and jits putting up with less of the non-sense and arguments from those banned.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »
Voted 0

gohan

• PGP
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
i <3 mut

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
i <3 mut

He <3's ya back...  *Kiss*

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2008, 07:47:15 AM »
voted for 0 y ban wulf

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »
Why did you revive an almost 1 month old thread with a simple post of that nature?  He didn't get banned and will not get banned so no worries about him.