Author Topic: The Real Problem...  (Read 14771 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: The Real Problem...
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »
i discovered that

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2005, 09:11:59 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:59 AM by Dirty_Taco »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2005, 07:42:32 AM »
no no..Me, Shreds, Gibb, the rest of Rust were in Castle1 playing and doing different jumps. Shred and a few others were working on jumping off the barrel next to the back door start point up to the opening above the doorway into the base and me and a few were working on the backdoor. I successfully made the jump first. I can only do the jump every 10th try now-a-days. I'm not a very good jumper.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
Wow idk your in Rust. Thats slightly before my time. What happened to yall?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2005, 06:51:26 AM »
Gibb went to college and lost interest. Shreds is actually still around now and then. He was doing that band thing last I heard. He's a drummer, and a darn good one too! Lobby (WarLobster), I don't know about. Anrkist was a big admin on SuperNova for a while. Him and I guy I work with were aquaintances through SuperNova so I kept in touch a little. Goldbond, I don't know.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
I hear Goldbond owns a chicken farm in the Texas panhandle.

THE3GOD

Small view
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2005, 03:38:05 PM »
Hi Jitspoe!
I have a problem.
I have pressed 7 (i think it was 7) and then my paintball screen get smaller. All around the screen is brown and i do not know how to change it back! Please help me!
Write back soon

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2005, 04:10:34 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:54:15 AM by P!nk »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2005, 06:28:38 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:07:18 PM by IronFist »

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2005, 06:30:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:54:12 AM by P!nk »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2005, 11:24:58 PM »
Everyone is jealous of my post count.

Everyone.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2005, 06:49:40 AM »
isnt it funny how every larger thread in this forum turns to being a spam thread in the end.. ?

me

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2005, 02:29:08 PM »
Ok, you know what?  I feel the need to go into rant mode here.

I've been trying to open this up and make it more community driven.  I've been starting discussions for basically all of the various ideas I've had.  I've started up a .plan thread detailing the things I'm working on.  I've started up a wiki so that the community can help document the game.  I've organized weekly pickups.  I've helped people work on their maps and started the weekly map testing (after the pickups fizzled out) where I'm actively participating twice a week to run the tests, and I spend hours writing up detailed critiques and helping people fix issues with their maps.  I'm spending $100 of my own hard earned money every month so that I can run a server, and I'm uploading new test builds every few days so people can try them out and provide feedback.  I switched clans because I wasn't getting enough match time with cP.  I spend at least 2 hours every day doing DP-related stuff of some sort, and that's pretty much all of my free time.

And now all of a sudden, I get slammed harder than ever before.  You come in and have the audacity to say that I can do better?  No, you can do better.  Come to the tests.  Give feedback.  Help out with graphics or something.  Next time any of you come whining and crying about how I supposedly ruined the game, ask yourself, "What have I contributed?"  If it's nothing, sit down and shut up.

What do I get for all the hard work I've put into this?  Nothing.  But that's ok, because I enjoy the game.  However, what's the point in me working on a game I don't enjoy?  Do I not even have the right to make changes so that it's more enjoyable for myself?

WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT NATHAN!

BLITZ CONTRIBUTED..... a whole 35 feet by 65 feet square with invisible walls and the words " *ip* blitz on the walls!!! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!!!

/end sarcasim.

jitspoe for president 2006.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2005, 12:57:37 AM »
blitz for best map ever vs ice by dj

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2005, 01:00:54 AM »
I really hope you're kidding.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2005, 01:20:09 AM »
Why should I be kidding. Because i have payed hard earned money to pay for a server that I have no access to regarding maps?  Or because I have spent countless hours with all factions of this game and mods but above all I have managed polite, humble conversations with all others, that despite there age, class, or creed I manage to be nice to? Off and On line.  Why does this mod have the hardest problem with being nice? Its beyond me and my logic.

With that said how many maps have I asked for to be added, that were not, there were on e3rrt servers back then when I started wtf were the complaints then?

Nice community....Where if your opinion is not shared by the majority old irc users ur shunned.   intercoursiNG LAME.

FLAME WARS do not help. EIO ur last post is not helping.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2005, 01:42:27 PM »
Another thing I would like to add:  The game is still in development.  "Alpha" means "not done yet."  It's public so I can get feedback on various ideas and whatnot.  Just because I change something doesn't mean it will remain that way forever.  A lot of this stuff is experimental.  I try to get feedback on as much as I can, but it's difficult.  Discussions on servers don't work well, for obvious reasons.  There are only a handful of people active on IRC at any given time.  Even with all the activity going on on the forums these days, I can only get about 10-15 votes on a poll.

A lot of times, people's opinions change before and after testing ideas, or perhaps I misinterpret what they're trying to say.

Two different kinds of grenades would be an interesting addition, as both serve different purposes..

And then we have many different groups of people who all have different ideas on how they think the game should go:
- The anti-change people, who think the game should have stayed exactly like it was in QWPB.
- The skill-oriented people, who think the game should be all about individual skill and not about teamwork or strategy.
- The teamwork/strategy people, who think the game should reward teamwork over raw individual skill.
- The no-think players, who say any map where they can't sit in one spot and have every enemy player pass in front of their nose so they can shoot at them sucks.
- The sim players, who want the game to accurately represent realistic paintball play.
- The fast-paced action players, who want lots of trick jumps and vast areas of bunny-hop friendly terrain.
- The non-players, who don't really play anymore, but still have plenty to say about why they don't play, and what they think would make the game more enjoyable so they would play.

To put it simply, there is no way possible to please all of these people.  There have been many times when I've thought it might be better to have various branches of the game that are geared more toward a specific group, but that's a different subject alltogether.

What I really need is for more people to explain why they do don't like specific settings and features.  All too often, I get people whining and crying about X, but they never explain why.  So I try Y, but then the people who like X complain about Y, and people who like Y don't want to go back to X, so I offer a compromise idea, and nobody agrees because too many want strictly X or Y.

I think I'm rambling, but all I'm trying to say is that if you don't like the way something is, or you don't like something I've changed, provide a convincing argument as to why it doesn't work well.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:06:28 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2005, 02:54:38 PM »
Well, the way the client side gren selection came about was certainly not the way I intended.  More on this when I get a moment.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2005, 04:23:53 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:29 AM by Dirty_Taco »