Author Topic: 'The Edge' SShot  (Read 3946 times)

Anrkist

• VM-68
'The Edge' SShot
« on: February 06, 2003, 03:31:47 AM »
Is this more to you guys liking ?? All the checkerd textures are gone now.. I replaced them with a brown marble and a brown grass/dirt texture.

http://home.houston.rr.com/anrkist/sshot16.jpg

BTW , Sorry for being rude to you Zim but maybe if yall had told me why the textures were so bad I would have been a little nicer.. thankfully jit is a nice guy and gave me his reasons as to why he felt the design was a bit off. And I agreed with him.. even though I personaly like it the other way.. because of the fact that I wear hawian tshirts all the time.. I like to clash.. its my thing but I want people to enjoy this map also so I was willing to bend and I think it has turned out to look good this way also. If not then tell me WHY it looks bad.. or else be quiet =]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 09:11:07 AM by Anrkist »

Fryth

• VM-68
Re: 'The Edge' SShot
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 06:47:21 AM »
Godawful.

pb2x

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 12:36:15 PM »
 You obviously need to take lessons from an elite map maker like myself.  the R-speeds are going to be way way tooooo low.  Take afterdark for example, they had to be in the gazillions. You also need to add in some features like trees that float off the ground a little bit.  See, my strategy there was to prevent camping (yeah that was it)  I didn't want you to hide behind a tree and when someone runs past be like boo then shoot them. Understand?  If not I'm always up for helping!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 12:55:42 PM »
The checker textures have got to go...

Also, "digital paintball" is the name of the halflife mod. :)

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 12:45:21 PM »
Fryth: You suck

Pb2x: Havent seen you in awhile its nice to see you again =]

Jit: Textures stay! Fixed the sign though =p

Four new pics up in the first post.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 03:35:11 AM by Anrkist »

Shreds

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 07:59:30 AM »
its too dark.

pb2x, the r_speeds shouldnt be that bad. afterdark was just a horrid map that allowed yo to see across the entire map that was filled with the most ugly and 8 sided objects that one could fit in before the map making program popped up with the error "for fudge sakes man, this map is ugly enough!"

pb2x

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 01:43:16 PM »
I'm offended! I worked day in and day out to achieve such massive R speeds. You must just suck at that map! haha j/k

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 02:34:32 PM »
well the speeds.. i dunno it is an ID map.. i played it many times on my 400mhz 56k 64mb 8mb vid card with 20 people on it at once never had a map slow down =] But I noticed it has alot to do with your computer speed.. f00kc came up on er33t the other day and if any of you played it when i first made it , it was slow as hell.. but now i didnt notice a single slow down.. so I dunno.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 12:50:51 AM »
Did you decompile this map?  If so, that's probably why it's slow.  Decompiled maps usually end up really slow and ugly...

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 05:03:37 AM »
Hmm well.. the wpoly doesnt jump above 900 , and it only gets that high in the middle.. but thats the fighting hot spot.. so ill read a tut on rust to figure out how to lower them a bit just before I do the final compile.. is the map really that ugly jit ;]? But yeah.. I did decompile it.

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 03:41:29 PM »
Did you decompile this map?  If so, that's probably why it's slow.  Decompiled maps usually end up really slow and ugly...

Well the "ugly" part's definitely there.
That map is godawful.

Seriously, twin towers is textured better.

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 05:54:59 AM »
New sshot.. maybe yall will like this more.. if not well then find me more textures to work with =p

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 03:21:15 PM »
You really need to make the tops and sides of stuff different textures, like if you're gonna do tile/marble/whatever for the steps, you need to do stone/brick/something else for the sides of the steps.  Also, it looks really dark -- you might want to use some sun lighting on it or something...

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2003, 05:24:07 AM »
Well im going to take a break for a little while.. ive managed to get the r speeds to 2500k.. so I need to rest and come up with a new strategy =] TY all for your input it was much appreciated.

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2003, 12:17:50 PM »
i hope you release it soon