Author Topic: Bug: match starting, round ending (read for info)  (Read 1395 times)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
Bug: match starting, round ending (read for info)
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
When you start a match, it does the really nice demo/test mode before the match starts....excellent. But after the match starting in x seconds has finished, it goes to round beginning in 8 sec etc. It's not a big deal, but I'm sure its a quick fix for jits or anyone else.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Bug: match starting, round ending (read for info)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
i've noticed this too. before warmup mode was implemented, there was no "round starting" message after the "match starting" message. at least i think that's how it was.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
I figured it would be better to have a little break between the warmup and match start, otherwise it was too abrupt/confusing/disorienting.  You'd run out into the mayhem a bunch of times during warmup, then all of a sudden you'd die and not respawn because it was the actual match.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
what about if when the warmup period ends, everybody just respawns to start the round?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
They do, but still it's such an abrupt change to go from warmup chaos to the real match instantly.  I personally found it confusing when testing with bots, so I'm sure other players would as well.  Players need a small break to switch gears, just like there is between rounds.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »
ok that's fine then.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »
yeah, I can see your logic now.