Author Topic: Breaking the eR33t/GT monopoly  (Read 2042 times)

b00nlander

• Autococker
Breaking the eR33t/GT monopoly
« on: November 01, 2005, 06:57:43 AM »
Although this might not be relevant to the majority of this community, I would like to announce that I finally managed to break the eR33t/GT monopoly... how? what? where? you might ask...

well, I finally got my Match Server Registration Script done ;)  it works almost the same way as the GT Match Server Script does, but also has some more functions:  if anyone is on the server, registration will not only be disabled, but it will also show you the amount of players on the server, their IP, kills etc, and you can even sort that list ;) (gimmicks, gimmicks)
The rest is pretty much basic:  enter a value for password and login, and you will have access to the server, if its empty, with a level 50 login.  I hope I forgot nothing... well, it can be found at:

http://www.pure-blood.de/access/register.php

(only for MeMi Match Server at the moment ;) )

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: Breaking the eR33t/GT monopoly
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 07:30:27 AM »
Pretty sweet man.

Hows about showing the client's ping to the server also?
If you have a nice list of servers there it would be nice to be able to pick the one that everyone pinged good to.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:23:28 AM »
well, I dare not add any servers to the list where I dont have ownership ;)
the point is that I have to know the rcon-password in order to be able to run all these things.. so I guess it will remain as it currently is.  but:  who knows what the future brings ;)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:54:12 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:14 AM by Dirty_Taco »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 12:44:44 PM »
Nice work.  If anyone would have ever asked, I'd be more than happy to hand over my RCON scripts for PHP and most of those that I had created for Eggdrops in TCL(These were definitely the ones that the community liked the most).  The Eggdrop scripts were really neat if anyone remembers them.
- !trigger that would auto-dcc a map in the maps/ directory from a 100MB connection
- Multi-server PBall scores reporting to irc channel.(We had ran 8 at once for the original pbcup 1v1 tournament).
- !trigger for match password/login (multi-server with the vacancy detection of course)
- !trigger for individual and 'clan' stats from dpstats

I never wanted to make them public because of all the bad coding, and the rcon commands from eggdrop required compiling an additional binary to create the rcon udp packets, and didn't return any data from the server(only served as 1way communication).

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 02:08:24 PM »
Although this might not be relevant to the majority of this community, I would like to announce that I finally managed to break the eR33t/GT monopoly... how? what? where? you might ask...

well, I finally got my Match Server Registration Script done ;)  it works almost the same way as the GT Match Server Script does, but also has some more functions:  if anyone is on the server, registration will not only be disabled, but it will also show you the amount of players on the server, their IP, kills etc, and you can even sort that list ;) (gimmicks, gimmicks)
The rest is pretty much basic:  enter a value for password and login, and you will have access to the server, if its empty, with a level 50 login.  I hope I forgot nothing... well, it can be found at:

http://www.pure-blood.de/access/register.php

(only for MeMi Match Server at the moment ;) )

cool.. but quite pointless to have all of those things. by the time you need a match server you'd probably already of refreshed all your servers and seen whos in what.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:28:25 PM »
Nice work. If anyone would have ever asked, I'd be more than happy to hand over my RCON scripts for PHP and most of those that I had created for Eggdrops in TCL(These were definitely the ones that the community liked the most). The Eggdrop scripts were really neat if anyone remembers them.
- !trigger that would auto-dcc a map in the maps/ directory from a 100MB connection
- Multi-server PBall scores reporting to irc channel.(We had ran 8 at once for the original pbcup 1v1 tournament).
- !trigger for match password/login (multi-server with the vacancy detection of course)
- !trigger for individual and 'clan' stats from dpstats

I never wanted to make them public because of all the bad coding, and the rcon commands from eggdrop required compiling an additional binary to create the rcon udp packets, and didn't return any data from the server(only served as 1way communication).

wow, I always liked the eggdrop stuff I saw on the pbcup2004 tourny, as well as your script for the GT servers, but it always sounded like "its a big secret noone will ever get to know"... maybe that was only pointed towards the rcon-password-protection then? I mean, feel free to email me the eggdrop stuff if you still have that somewhere ;) admin_at_pure-blood_dot_de
bad coding... well, yeah, many things didnt work out for me either, so I guess there is still bad code snippets, maybe even unused code snippets in my files... but i dont care ;) as long as it works the way i want it to.

digi:  yes, thats why I wrote "gimmicks", i know its kinda useless... but so what :P instead of printing out the "status" rcon command, I couldve just used it internally (needed that to determine if there is a player on the server or not)... so w/e :)

DT:  yep, it is...  but I have been asked many times to open the match server for a quick match, and always had work with setting it up or saying "nope, you cant" :) of course it will only be used by europeans, that why I wrote
Although this might not be relevant to the majority of this community
in my first post. :)

MfG
~Pureblood~

CainAssassin

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 08:30:50 PM »
lol i like the web pure

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 01:14:05 AM »
Count on loial being non partial and fair.