Author Topic: Im sure the new guys would want this!!!  (Read 2136 times)

foxie_fiter

• PGP
Im sure the new guys would want this!!!
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:18:11 AM »
HiHOW DO YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN DIFFERENT FONTS AND COLORS???

DeathSold13r

• PGP
Re: Im sure the new guys would want this!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »
i want to know this too..

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
menu setup_funname in the console.  Next time search before you ask a question, especially a question like this.

Byz

• 68 Carbine

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 11:27:49 PM »
Or if you cant remember what Garrett said (took me a while to) go into the main menu, click play, then Multiplayer setup and then you see your name.  Click Advanced and it will take you to that as well.  If you have some U and S error read this and Zorch explains it.

Eric Karr

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
Or here : http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/tools/styletextgenerator
Hey, once you have the code text i tried to paste it into my name spot in setup but nothing It wouldn't paste???  Where do i put it???  I copied the code not the preview, thanks for the generator though it helped.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:34:58 PM by Eric Karr »

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 07:50:56 AM »
It goes in your config or the console.

Eric Karr

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Hey, Thanks, I took the code clicked console typed name and pasted text and pressed enter.  Then my name is what i want in setup!  One problem, how come when i play in a game it says noname(1) not my name???  i go to setup and my name is there??? Please help.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
Umm. Do you use name "newbie" IN game? Cause usually when two "newbie" named players are in server one of the "newbies" name changes to noname then noname(1) and noname(2) depends how many "newbies" are playing in the server. I'm not quite sure.

Eric Karr

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »
Umm. Do you use name "newbie" IN game? Cause usually when two "newbie" named players are in server one of the "newbies" name changes to noname then noname(1) and noname(2) depends how many "newbies" are playing in the server. I'm not quite sure.
no, I went to console typed name put in teh code for teh text pressed enter, i went to setup in my name spot was the name in fancy lettering, so i went to a game to play and then in game my name shows up as noname(1).  Why doesn't my fancy name show up in game?  Hit me back.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »
Did you hit apply when you are in there?  If it doesn't work that way try this.  It wont give u colours and funky names but it will change it. In the console type: "name Eric-Karr" or something like that.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 11:38:40 PM »
When you went to your config.cfg did you add there "name" "yournamehere" like "name" "Eric-Karr"? Cause i think there is already a "name" "yournamehere" in the config. So if you did add another "name" there i think u should delete it and look for the other "name". Im not quite sure about this explanation :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:38:58 AM by Byz »