Author Topic: Feature: Xfire, Skype, Etc. Name on Global Login Profile  (Read 16319 times)

wasp

• Stingray
Re: [Feature Request] Skype name on DPLogin & Voice chat client+server
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
On that note, perhaps there should be a feature vote to sort out the feature voting system as no admin has replied to this.....

From the looks of things a negligible amount of voting has occurred recently but more importantly how many of the top feature votes have actually been implemented?

I appreciate that many might be near impossible or just take too much time, but why bother making the feature vote system in the first place if nothing happens.
I see the irony in me posting this feature vote request but im confident my suggestion might actually happen one day..

EDIT: just looked at the votes that have been implemented and the two biggest are team auto-balance and Visible weapons but the rest all have under 100 overall +votes

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
Alot of features have been implemented, and still are being implemented; the problem there are millions of cool ideas that can be implemented into this game, so it piles up in the feature vote. Also be note that jitspoe has other things to do, not just work on the feature votes, plus it takes time to decide if its helpfull for the game or not, code and thenimplement the feature.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 06:53:32 PM »
Good job on stating the obvious toxiic, im making the point that perhaps the feature vote system could be cleaned up abit, i.e any features that jitspoe feels he will never implement should be removed either because they are unfeasible or have too many negative votes (although I think that may be being done) because most players will not want to go through and vote on 3 pages of feature requests, so good ones that could seriously improve the game may go unseen and therefore gain no votes...

The reason why: my feature request will probably take 10 minutes compared to others which may take months yet will help players communicate easier, so the ability to find a match will be improved. But my one will go straight to the back of a long queue of feature requests..

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »
Good job on stating the obvious toxiic, im making the point that perhaps the feature vote system could be cleaned up abit, i.e any features that jitspoe feels he will never implement should be removed either because they are unfeasible or have too many negative votes (although I think that may be being done) because most players will not want to go through and vote on 3 pages of feature requests, so good ones that could seriously improve the game may go unseen and therefore gain no votes...

The reason why: my feature request will probably take 10 minutes compared to others which may take months yet will help players communicate easier, so the ability to find a match will be improved. But my one will go straight to the back of a long queue of feature requests..
I guess you did not comprehend what I said there, please learn to read or maybe I did not make it clear enough. I guess I will reiterate, jitspoe has only a small amount of time that he can put into this game; depending on the day, he can only do so much, he has to read messages/work on bugs/work on better graphics and etc... What you are requesting may only take 10 mins(which I doubt it will take 10mins), but needs days, for it to be tested/processed. Also you speak about cleaning up the feature vote, but please be noted that there are MILLIONS of this that can be brought into the feature vote system list, so even if jitspoe cleans that stuff that is not "important", there will always be more things coming into the feature vote list. More importantly, the most important features will take alot of time, which means jitspoe needs to make priorities, in other words, jitspoe needs to give x amount of time inorder to finish that project "a" and if he gives time to another project "b", he's only increasing the time on his other project "a".  Also please read the forms for what jitpsoe thinks his priorities,  for example: help the clan sence or help get more players?

Btw your welcome, I do best to stating the obvious, but some times the "obvious" is not so conspicuous.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:51:01 AM by Toxiic »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
The thing is toxic.. No one cares to read what you have to post on here. Its just a bunch of BS stating what is already known. Then you get sooo butt hurt when someone tries to tell you that you're wrong.. WE KNOW JITSPOE ONLY HAS A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME. These requests are to improve the game. If you don't like it don't post on the forum.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »
The thing is toxic.. No one cares to read what you have to post on here. Its just a bunch of BS stating what is already known. Then you get sooo butt hurt when someone tries to tell you that you're wrong.. WE KNOW JITSPOE ONLY HAS A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME. These requests are to improve the game. If you don't like it don't post on the forum.
sir, first and foremost, this is the Internet and I do not get "butt hurt" nor do I care what your oppion is about me, or my post. You clearly cannot coupe what I have just written, thats the only explaination I can come up with for your post to be written in such a manner.

Btw, your statement is contradicting itself, first you say:
Its just a bunch of BS stating what is already known.
then you say this:
Then you get sooo butt hurt when someone tries to tell you that you're wrong..
How can a person say another person is wrong , when it's something true? Its like saying the ball won't drop to someone that is saying the ball will fall down, even though everyone knows the ball will fall down on earth.

Hint of advice, learn to create better arguments

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »
Lmao toxiic you've managed to state the obvious twice and turn a feature request into a flame thread...great job.

I guess you did not comprehend what I said there, please learn to read or maybe I did not make it clear enough. I guess I will reiterate, jitspoe has only a small amount of time that he can put into this game; depending on the day, he can only do so much, he has to read messages/work on bugs/work on better graphics and etc... What you are requesting may only take 10 mins(which I doubt it will take 10mins), but needs days, for it to be tested/processed. Also you speak about cleaning up the feature vote, but please be noted that there are MILLIONS of this that can be brought into the feature vote system list, so even if jitspoe cleans that stuff that is not "important", there will always be more things coming into the feature vote list. More importantly, the most important features will take alot of time, which means jitspoe needs to make priorities, in other words, jitspoe needs to give x amount of time inorder to finish that project "a" and if he gives time to another project "b", he's only increasing the time on his other project "a".  Also please read the forms for what jitpsoe thinks his priorities,  for example: help the clan sence or help get more players?

Btw your welcome, I do best to stating the obvious, but some times the "obvious" is not so conspicuous.

Firstly, i was making a serious suggestion that something does need to be done to sort out the feature voting system.
Perhaps I need to reiterate. not you.

OBVIOUSLY Jitspoe focuses what little time he has in the best way to improve the game. MY ARGUMENT was that the volume of feature requests piled up might not allow the system to work efficiently, (i.e. those which would improve the game may be left unseen on page 3 so something needs to be done to sort that)
OBVIOUSLY there are new feature votes coming in all the time, but it would help if we removed some which would never be achieved (in jitspoes' opinion) RATHER THAN just leave it there for people to waste a vote on.
OBVIOUSLY any feature that is carried out takes time and has to be tested (OBVIOUSLY some more then others, Mine far less so for example).
OBVIOUSLY he prioritises. lmao.
MY suggestion was specifically targeted to "help the clan sence". I believe you mean "scene", so don't tell me to learn to read.
Perhaps YOU need to read the forums as thats what my feature request was all about. LOL.

[+1 for RoBiNandL!nk too]

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 03:16:33 PM »
Toxiic: it is hilarious that you're trying to talk you're smart; but failing miserably. Stop saying excrement like "I make it so obvious, but you cant comprehend" - people can't comprehend your wall of text with terrible grammar. It's impossible to follow what you're saying, because you don't know what a paragraph is.

Secondly, you repeat yourself almost every line. You spit out the same garbage that is irrelevant to everything when you could have said it all in 1 sentence. Reread your post after you finish writing, it will go a long way.

Lastly, don't tell someone else their argument is poor when yours is complete excrement. You look ridiculous in all your posts.

NOW, I'll make it easy for you to understand Toxiic. We all know Jitspoe has limited time, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't offer suggestions on how to improve the game. They aren't submitting features to get submitted instantly, it's something that the community discusses and can lead to ideas. So think a little before posting.

Hows he not perma-forum banned yet? He's perma banned from the game, evaded numerous times, and has yet to ever contribute to a discussion on this forum.

[FEATURE REQUEST - Perma-Forum bans for Toxiic and Deathstar7] -- Plz jitspoe.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
Lmao toxiic you've managed to state the obvious twice and turn a feature request into a flame thread...great job.
That's what I do best ;)

Anyways, what I am stating is that the feature vote system cannot be clean up, matter of fact it can only increase in size. That is all I need to say sir! The only solution to this would be creating a new system.

+1 for robinandl!nk creating a contradicting thesis.

TankZ myers, I finally understand

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
A long time ago, there was a feature on the feature vote list that I wanted to be implemented. Fortunately, this is an open source game, so I went to the downloads page to download the source code.

After that I looked through the code to find the parts that seemed relevant to the feature that I wanted to implement.

Unfortunately, I had a hard time understanding the source code (probably due to my limited C knowledge back then), so I never got around to implementing it.

If you don't want to wait for a feature to be implemented, then you could try implementing it yourself.

If you're using a modern version of Microsoft's Visual Studio then T3RROR15T has put together a nice tutorial for upgrading the VS 2008 projects to VS 2012.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
Yeah thats a good shout Narga, i might try taking a look at it but the likelihood is i will try to get a kind person to help me  ;) or just rely on the system  ::)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »
Not really worth creating a separate vote for, so I just edited this one:

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10118

Should be easy to add multiple things when I get in there.

There's also another thread about that here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=26055.0

Voice chat feature vote is here: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10055

Edit: Never mind, I see you meant just posting teamspeak info.  I guess that can be put on there as well.  I think I'm just going to merge all these threads so all the info is in one spot.

wasp

• Stingray
Re: Feature: Xfire, Skype, Etc. Name on Global Login Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »

Edit: Never mind, I see you meant just posting teamspeak info.  I guess that can be put on there as well.  I think I'm just going to merge all these threads so all the info is in one spot.

Yeah perhaps might be better if the feature vote says something like "Updated dp global login profile: to include Skype, voice client and Xfire" but thanks for getting back to me :) [might be abit long though?]

Also, In my experience trends mean people switch from program to program, previously ICQ and Xfire were regularly used but now Skype seems to be popular. So might be an idea to make a scroll down choice of what to list (e.g. skype, xfire, voice client). Then the player can click "Add" and you can add however many options said player uses.

Although maybe an easier and better idea might be an option to add "other" , so if (skype for example) is not listed then the player can input that themselves. This would also save threads like this in the future when newer things come out too ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking about adding some kind of custom option.  The advantage to doing explicit program options is that I can add links when applicable.

It is pretty annoying how people tend to jump from program to program, though... I hate Skype, personally.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:54 AM »
Ah right, yeah i get annoyed too :D everytime i come back after a break people are using different programs.
aha! yeah i think the advantage is that people use skype to just talk to friends, so it saves not having to download a specific gaming program i suppose. But im not its biggest fan of using it whilst gaming, fps lag :(
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:27:34 AM by wasp »

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 06:51:20 AM »
Ah right, yeah i get annoyed too :D everytime i come back after a break people are using different programs.
aha! yeah i think the advantage is that people use skype to just talk to friends, so it saves not having to download a specific gaming program i suppose. But im not its biggest fan of using it whilst gaming, fps lag :(

TS is way better for your fps.

wasp

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 07:56:01 AM »
yeah i rarely use skype now to be honest, just teamspeak. But i think Oxz use skype for voice recon and a lot of people just use skype to get a match too.