Author Topic: New Keyboard and Mouse  (Read 1053 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
New Keyboard and Mouse
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »
hey i just celebrated my birthday yesterday and got some money (not sure what my parents are to give me yet) and i imagine i would be aorund the $80 area and was wondering if anyone could reccomend and keyboard and mouse set to get (corded preferably) at Best Buy (as i have a Best Buy gift card to go with the other money). so if anyone could try and find a good set for that price range and post a link it'd be nice

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: New Keyboard and Mouse
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »
Logitech G5 mouse
Lazar mouse FTW

Logitech G11 keyboard

Prices dropped since I bought both.
I spend around $90 on both together almost a year ago.

Both allow you a lot of customizable buttons.  The keyboard give you 3 different profiles of 18 customizable buttons as well as a macro record feature that you can use in game.  The mouse allows you to adjust the speed of the cursor (DPI) and the key board has 2 different back light brightness settings.

I like both of them but I am not sure if Best Buy will carry these.  Maybe you will be able to order them online.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
i saw that keyboard on the site but don't know about the mouse i'll check if i go later thanks garrett

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »
This is the mouse
This is the keyboard

After checking the current prices, together, they might be a little out of the money you want to spend.  If you want to spend a little extra, you will be fine but there might be an alternative for you that will give you most of the same features for less money.  I went with Logitech basically because of the brand name and I have never had any complaints with any of the products.

I had a headset and another optical mouse that they had made and the only reason i switched mice was because the optical mouse wasn't wired and I was replacing batteries every two weeks after heave usage.  The headset went bye-byes because my cat chose to chew through the wire while I was away for a week.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
Logitech mouses (mice :D) ftw

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:46 PM »
Razer copperhead for the mouse (Lachesis has too many issues right now, though that's what I use).  I like the Logitech Ultra X keyboards because they're nice and slim, but I think the mac keyboards are even slimmer - I've been tempted to get one of those.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
I got the Logitech LX3 mouse which is what i needed most because my old mouse didn't work whatsoever...

BUT... my parents wouldn't let me buy a new keyboard... they said it's a waste of money -.-