Author Topic: Newmap: InT vs WsL  (Read 3441 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Newmap: InT vs WsL
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:06:11 AM »
int_b1.bsp is a CTF map, it has multiple routes and a spawnroom(duH).
Anways, Been working on this map for the past week, but made the actual map a month or two ago. Just was going through my .maps and found it.
Not the best looking map but ive been told that it is very fun!

Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.megauploads.org/en/file/562/int-b1-bsp.html <---COuldnt upload with LoLuploads for some reason.
Please post any/all feedback
-Rick :)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Newmap: InT vs WsL
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
Please don't use colors everywhere

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
i dont know if you wanted it to be like that, but you can pass the flag through the fence, so one team member can grab and pass to the other side of the fence for another team member to get and easy cap

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »
That looks much better than before.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
Please don't use colors everywhere
Hes using colours because its a creative map :)

I like this alot better because the sky lights it alot more than the lights.  About what RiMiNi said yes, i tried that out today and it makes it really easy.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
Clipz- I probably will change the textures.

Rimini- WHat do u suggest to stop that?

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 06:48:19 PM »
I'll answer that.

clip brushes around the fence, you could still pass it into the fence but not get it from the other side =] or perhaps some nodraw brushes that are one unit away from everything and one unit thick, then you couldn't even pass it into the fence

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 07:44:21 PM »
Clipz- I probably will change the textures.
EEEEEEEEP.  NOOOO.  I like them.  Although if the textures change, i wanna see it more realistic.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »
I'll answer that.

clip brushes around the fence, you could still pass it into the fence but not get it from the other side =] or perhaps some nodraw brushes that are one unit away from everything and one unit thick, then you couldn't even pass it into the fence

Actually i had a thought that maybe i could make that little area into a jail...Maybe not, just need some thoughts on that idea.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:07 AM »
You can just attach your maps to a post.  You don't have to use those annoying upload sites.

I've put the map up on the beta server (see PM for details) and attached a demo of some things you might want to revise.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 03:05:54 AM »
You can just attach your maps to a post.  You don't have to use those annoying upload sites.

never learnt how :)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 03:11:43 AM »
Don't use quick reply. Go on Reply, Advancedoptions and there you'll find attach and browse. Just browse to the file where your map is and attach it.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »
Well from the screenshots it looks a lot better then the version you originally showed me. ;D

I will edit when i play the map.

-Cusoman

EDIT: I find this map is well constructed.  I personally like the texture choices, and there are only 2 problems I found.  One is that flags can be passed through the grating, as was already stated.  The other is that you can get back up to the spawn rooms with the ramp/jump things.  This sorta destroys the purpose of a spawn room. :D  Anyway, your call on the spawn room, though it does work how it is now.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »
The other is that you can get back up to the spawn rooms with the ramp/jump things.  This sorta destroys the purpose of a spawn room. :D  Anyway, your call on the spawn room, though it does work how it is now.
That can be useful for idlers though.  Don't just wait until they observe.  And also I found some of the spawns are facing the InT and WsL.  Dunno if its meant to be like that.  It kinda irritates me.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
That can be useful for idlers though.  Don't just wait until they observe.  And also I found some of the spawns are facing the InT and WsL.  Dunno if its meant to be like that.  It kinda irritates me.

All of the spawns face the WsL and InT and Cusoman, im going to try fixing the fence today if i have anytime and the spawns are suppose to be like that, as Cam stated incase of idlers.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 09:35:01 PM »
Heh, i guessed that.  I thought it was for spawn campers.  IM NOT ASKING YOU TO DO IT THOUGH. :)

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 08:13:32 AM »
lol what made you think of Int and wsl? I heard someone was making a map for both, but I didn't think it was you... Anyways, I'll check it out tonight.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 01:15:03 AM »
lol what made you think of Int and wsl? I heard someone was making a map for both, but I didn't think it was you... Anyways, I'll check it out tonight.

Just i trained with them a few times and felt i owed them one.
Anywayz ive had no time to map so havent done any changes yet...