Author Topic: SUPER HAPPY MEGA POLL TIME  (Read 7124 times)

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
SUPER HAPPY MEGA POLL TIME
« on: February 07, 2003, 09:21:52 PM »
Impact grenades

A) They're lame!  They're cheap!  They take away the last element of skill the game has!  Get rid of them!
B) I'm a stupid donkey and I like impact grenades.  Keep them.

I vote A.

ps:  Jitspoe... where the hell is the HTML formatting?

Michael_Fornal

• VM-68
Re: SUPER HAPPY MEGA POLL TIME
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 05:26:33 AM »
I think my pubs are itching.  Hold on..

Okay, I'm back.

I vote A.  But I don't really care either way, since I never spawn near grens anyways  :-/

Snipen

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 06:38:35 AM »
All  right a nice non-bias poll.. umm let me see... if you want grenades your a stupid stupid donkey (b) and if you dont want them your a skilled pro (a)...hummm wow the poll taker really gave us a narrow-minded preconception of  what impact grenades are(non skilled weapons in his distortion of the truth)....well since everyone thinks im ignorant anyway ill go with
B) I'm a stupid donkey and I like impact grenades.  Keep them.  ;D

Mister_Zimbu

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 07:28:18 AM »
CURRENT TALLY

24-1 for removal of impact grenades.

I think this poll represents an accurate sample of the entire DP community and thus the poll is closed.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 07:52:41 AM »
Well since this poll sucks and there isnt the obvious "C) replace them with the old grenades), then ill have to vote B, cuz id rather have grenades than none at all.  It takes away skill and requires less strategy to have no grenades at all.

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 10:28:59 AM »
I vote D). Get rid of everything that everyone complains about!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 12:54:50 PM »
/me selects the paintball2 folder and hits delete.

Well, that takes care of that.

Heh, just kidding.

Fembo+

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 01:04:34 PM »
Impact grenades

A) They're lame!  They're cheap!  They take away the last element of skill the game has!  Get rid of them!
B) I'm a stupid donkey and I like impact grenades.  Keep them.

Which to choose....?  
Both seem correct.....
I'll vote "B" -- Zimbu *is* a stupid donkey.

Snipen

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 10:06:56 PM »
darn i must not be able to add 24-1  and i see 7 post what kind of math are we using ....oh yea the rocky and bullwinkle math method ill pull a rabbit out of my hat or was that a number out of my arse umm its  one of the two anyway er33t is where we all mostly play cant they have pub1 with out grenades and pub2 with grenades just a thought l8rs Snipen

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 12:26:27 AM »
lol, good point, Fem.  I also choose B. ;D

Zim: I disabled icons to make the board load faster (they slowed it down quite a bit).  For some reason instead of just having text links like the rest of the  icons on the page, the formatting buttons completely disappeared.  You can still manually use the stuff though, like bold, etc...

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2003, 12:41:57 AM »
I like the old grens.. I didnt have a single problem with them.. I liked the new effect the new ones make when they explode.. but I really havent had much of a chance to try the new ones...

But ill go with fem - B!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2003, 12:48:38 AM »
Old grenades?  Which ones are you referring to?  The effect is just added on the client side.

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2003, 05:07:44 AM »
I dont know.. the ones that were around like when seige and BS and cfire were released that beta.. was it 4.5 ? I dont remeber.

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2003, 01:55:34 PM »
i don't get what some of you guys have against the grenades, they were there when DP started, they were there almost the whole way through and now..what..4,5 years later? some of you old school guys don't want it. it's part of the game, just like camping and spraying, what's the point in changing it? we've lasted through it thus far, keep it. grenades add a skill level to the game that takes away from spraying and other little excrement. suck it up, especially those who can't take getting killed by a grenade. If some of you disagree with it adding a different skill level, then at least it's a different way of getting kills and it's not all just spray and pray, this is more or less a toss and pray but it's a good add-on. Feel free to insult-complaine-cry-agree or anything other form of replying to this post that you can think of. -MeRL

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2003, 05:21:33 PM »
im gonna have to agree with him on that one.

Michael_Fornal

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 06:08:47 PM »
Okay, people seem confused.  No one doesn't want grenades.  People are complaining about the style at which they blow up now.  They hit something and explode instead of bouncing and stuff first.

Word, hope that helps jigga.

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 07:51:42 PM »
How about the ability to charge a grenade, but if it blows up in your hand you're out?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 09:21:30 AM »
I think Cal and I made the mistake of making this game TOO customizable.  I mean, pretty much everything from the score limits down to the speed and behavior of the ball flight can be adjusted.   This would be good if we had lots of servers running the standard settings, but we only have a handful of servers, and when the more popular ones run nonstandard settings, people think that's the way the game is supposed to be.  The grenades are a perfect example.  I've spent a lot of time trying to tweak them, but if the servers don't use those settings, I have no way to enhance their balance in the gameplay and whatnot.  Also, for crying out loud, GRENADES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE POWERFUL WEAPONS!  I mean, they're grenades.  That's why you only get to carry one of them.  Saying they're cheap is like saying the autococker is cheap because it shoots faster than the pgp.  Well, duh.  It's a more powerful weapon.

The current grenades are kind of a hybrid, I guess.  Sad put them in.  Supposedly there's a 1 in 10 chance they will explode whenever a surface is hit.  I would personally like to stick with the straight-up explode on impact grenades and get those worked out so the game is more enjoyable.

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2003, 12:20:28 PM »
im wholely with you on that Mr. Jit.  I'm glad the games creator decided to step in and let us know whats up.  Paint grenades are fine by me.

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2003, 07:30:48 PM »
sorry Fornal, your right, i did miss-read it because it was only concerning impact grenades and i was thinking grenades as a whole. My apologies for that but i'm all for impact grenades. When we had the old grenades, yes it was cool and fun to use and sweet that you could bounce it off walls and such but lets all face it...that's not how grenades should be right? game or no game. Impact grenades add an element of surprise to the enemy..he no longer has time to run away and hide behind something which is good in my mind because it makes the game that much more interesting and this way, grens can actually do damage instead of simply a distraction. In simpler terms, keep the grenades boys, it just makes it more interesting. -MeRL