Author Topic: Help Compiling  (Read 1798 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Help Compiling
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:47:43 PM »
http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/buildlog.htm

Any ideas how to resolve this?

This is compiling the build 16 source, Visual Studio C++ Express Edition 2005.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
Re: Help Compiling
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »
I'd be able to help if, for some reason, that all didn't show up as meddling japanese characters for me.

EDIT: It seems to be complaining a lot about deprecated functions. Make sure you have it set to use the C compiler not the C++ compiler, with warnings off and warnings not treated as errors.

EDIT2: I know there was a project to port quake 2 to the new C standard. Have you tried an older version of VC like vc6? Just an idea.

EDIT3: I see the problem now. You need to download and set up the platform SDK. VC2005 doesn't come with the windows libraries (just the standard C/C++ stdlib, no extras), they were packaged separately. You need to download the PSDK and do some VC config editing. Microsoft has a tutorial on it somewhere.

Can't believe I didn't see that earlier.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
I'd be able to help if, for some reason, that all didn't show up as meddling japanese characters for me.

EDIT: It seems to be complaining a lot about deprecated functions. Make sure you have it set to use the C compiler not the C++ compiler, with warnings off and warnings not treated as errors.

EDIT2: I know there was a project to port quake 2 to the new C standard. Have you tried an older version of VC like vc6? Just an idea.

EDIT3: I see the problem now. You need to download and set up the platform SDK. VC2005 doesn't come with the windows libraries (just the standard C/C++ stdlib, no extras), they were packaged separately. You need to download the PSDK and do some VC config editing. Microsoft has a tutorial on it somewhere.

Can't believe I didn't see that earlier.

I have the Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK, and the include directories are set up. What else do I need to do?

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »
linker directories, and default libraries to be linked. That's what it's complaining about.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:28:30 PM »
With that help on IRC fixing the problem, that's another one I owe you :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
What's with all the weird characters?  You have the asian pirated version or something? :P

Anyway, your problem is that you don't have all the necessary lib files set up to be linked in the project settings.  I don't know which ones are necessary for what, but you should be able to find out by searching around.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »
Yeah, Deranged fixed it :-)

I have no idea why the uploaded one is like that, it looks fine locally.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
Yeah he didn't set up the platform sdk linker options correctly, none of the windows library was being linked :P