Author Topic: Prime Grenades  (Read 8083 times)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
Re: Prime Grenades
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »
Theres a function where you can make your team un specable?

Please PM me this ;]

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 03:54:19 AM »
People prime it so it acts like an impact nade.
So? you still need planning to know when to prime it. It's a good job that you can't prime whilest shooting, though.

I think what you mean is where you have to use the chase-cam on your own team. There is, but it's not very effective cos you can go to a wall, and the dude speccing you can look around the wall for you and tell you if someone's there using the free-rotate cam. Also, it takes the fun out of it. :D
recon takes some typing (or binding) skills to work effectively

First of all you cant die from chasing a timed nade and sitting on it.

? I've done it loads of times, killing myself with a timed grenade. easy. I don't usually do it on purpose, though so that I can lose the round

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 07:46:01 AM »
Its because you have prime nade set in your settings as your nade button.  A true timed nade can not kill you, never could never will.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
forcedchasecam 1, I believe

recon takes some typing (or binding) skills to work effectively
Or you just get on ventrilo and say, "Hey, he's behind the box."

Its because you have prime nade set in your settings as your nade button.  A true timed nade can not kill you, never could never will.
They were supposed to, but didn't, because of a bug.  Later that was fixed to prevent cheap tactics for impact grenades and was also applied to the timed grenades, but some people whined and cried because they couldn't chuck a grenade in front of them then sit on it like they did in the past, so I disabled suicides again for servers with impact grenades disabled.  If impact grenades are enabled, timed grenades will still kill you, though.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 01:33:28 AM »
So the end result is suck it up and game like a killer... not whiner. 

*winks.

Kind of like the people that complain about maps. I can do this or I can do that, but what I want to do I cant because I am dead.

Time to (no offence) coordinate your offensive strategies.

blitz and bain were best at this

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »
Apparently you have not played against prime nades loial.  Its kinda hard to make any offense strategy when you have a nade exploding right in between you as you go to move.  These are worse than impact for the simple fact people can make them explode in the air.  This basically ruins any old maps trying to be played, for example pbcup, pforest, roundup, etc.  All they have to do is make it explode in a tight hall like in pforest or just make it explode over ice like in pbcup so you die as you go in to rush. 

There should be at least a server function to disable them for match servers.  This way things will go back to using nades for strategic moves not just spamming them to kill everyone as they rush

ruddy

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »
seriously ive played this game a long ass time now and coming back to dp these primed grens and impact grens are pathetic. i understand smoke grens more than impact as you can use them to cover yourself and blind the enemy. timed grens are good because you can toss them into an enemies base to frighten them then rush them or even if you 1v3, toss a gren before you hear the rush and hopefully kill a couple (or all 3). i get so annoyed when you play any map (recently all the maps on publics are shaz33 and pp1) but if ur 3v1 in a match and wanting to grab they just kill themselves. furthermore all a player has to be (a newbie whos played a day could do this) is toss an impact in a small base and kill 4 players.... wheres the fun in that?!?!?!? jitspoe the ball flight is bareable.... these grenades are not.....

Monst3r

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »
just dont play in small maps then

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »
just dont play in small maps then

But Roundup = the best map ever created.

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »
Don't play in small maps?  Sorry i don't like playing huge maps all the time like most of DT's maps.  I don't mind them that much but playing them every map gets old real fast.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 04:42:31 AM »
 You can skill it up with primed nades in most of the maps. Not in the 2flag maps though.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
It's just another strategy to learn. Learn to use primed nades and you'll stop hating them.

I also think recon is pretty vital in a game where it is 1 hit kill. I understand both points of view but when one shot takes you out you need every edge you can get. It still doesn't give you an advantage 1v3 or 1v4 but it makes it possible. Caps and grabs would go WAAAAY up in matches if there were none.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
It's just another strategy to learn. Learn to use primed nades and you'll stop hating them.

I also think recon is pretty vital in a game where it is 1 hit kill. I understand both points of view but when one shot takes you out you need every edge you can get. It still doesn't give you an advantage 1v3 or 1v4 but it makes it possible. Caps and grabs would go WAAAAY up in matches if there were none.

Especially since sound is off sometimes too. Recon is fairly important when you go to the matching scene.

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
Personally i will never use primes... i dont like them at all.  In my opinion they are cheap kills since there is almost no way to avoid them unless jits perfect nade hit boxes intercourse up.  I dont like getting cheap kills.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
Personally i will never use primes... i dont like them at all.  In my opinion they are cheap kills since there is almost no way to avoid them unless jits perfect nade hit boxes intercourse up.  I dont like getting cheap kills.
I can see what you mean but if you're getting nailed by primes all the time either your aim is really bad and when someone sees you he has the time to prime a nade, or you're too predictable and people prime when going round a corner. I admit on maps like blitz when a nade just comes flying from over the barrels directly at you then it's a bit hard to do anything and it doesn't fall into either catagory, but on big maps it's completely different

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
Its called recon.