Author Topic: New Map: The Forbidden Valley  (Read 29337 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: The Forbidden Valley
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2009, 06:11:45 AM »
Yeh, I know about most of that.  With the sharp edges, I've fixed them up already, I final compiled while I was out the other day, and it was before I did them.  I'm also working on changing those ramps, Rick hates them as well :P.  Maybe barrels as well? And yeah, i'll fix that box :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2009, 07:37:14 AM »
Still looking for something to fill that gap? I looked little bit around in this thread and found that you want something to fill that. Maybe make something like cables from metal texture, that are little bit curved and are mist? It could look cool.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
Attached a demo and added the map to the beta server.  Let me know if you need the password again.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2009, 05:40:47 AM »
Gee everyone comments on my ugly ramp things.  They were at the very start of the map, when it was... excrement. lol.  I hate barrels on a 45 degree angle, they rotate horribly and look terrible in game.  Unless theres a way to fix that that I don't know, I'm gonna have to think up something else.

I guess the next beta will be a little more newby friendly, always is after you watch a demo from jitspoe :D.  Expect it in.... maybe a month :).  I hate school.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2009, 06:03:02 AM »
Ha? Where you have barrels in 45 degree angle?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:31 AM »
No anywhere yet.  The ramps which you jump on to get speed into the bd path is what i'm talking about, the solid block things.  I tried making them 45 degree, but it failed :P

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2009, 06:42:09 AM »
Ok :D I have an ideee. Make the ramps out of wood, use the same design as with thr flag platforms: wood in the middle and trimming on the side, were they metal or wood, but anyways use that design. I can make you an example if you don't understand what i mean :P

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2009, 06:49:16 AM »
I sorta get what you are saying, although that would make it a dj right?

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2009, 07:19:43 AM »
I mean make it a slope, like they are now. Just make wooden board as the slope, metal trimmings to the sides. Other end touches the ground and other end is on a pillar or somekind of support. :D I hope you get what i mean now, cause i'm not the best to explain things in english :D

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »
I mean make it a slope, like they are now. Just make wooden board as the slope, metal trimmings to the sides. Other end touches the ground and other end is on a pillar or somekind of support. :D I hope you get what i mean now, cause i'm not the best to explain things in english :D
Yeah, I see what you mean.  I'll try to do something like that then.  If that works, I might consider changing the barrels to something like that so they fit with the more wooden theme.  Havn't started on doing anything yet though :P.

SuMMit!

• Stingray
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
EWWWW

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2009, 11:40:05 AM »
EWWWW

Ha? Why these useless post? ;)

Btw, Cameron have done any progress?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »
Ha? Why these useless post? ;)

Btw, Cameron have done any progress?
Just a tiny little bit.  This and last week I had so many tests and didn't have much time for anything :P.  And if you look through Summits posts, they are all useless like that one.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2010, 05:11:41 AM »
Motivated myself earlier today to fix up a few things, quick sshot of the mid.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2010, 04:28:41 AM »
Detailed things that needed detail.  I know of one misaligned texture on one of the speed ramps, so don't comment on that :P.

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2010, 05:30:49 AM »
Online and in the rotation: [OTB] Beta - 83.169.4.183:22222

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
Nice to see, that you continue your map.

Maybe you can also do something against this weird looking "wallhacks" (sky in the high areas). I know, it is hard to fix, but that would be great.

And use weapon_pballgun instead of guntype :)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »
Ahh yeah those.  When I was remaking those ramps that get you up that high, I noticed that when I put the ramp that is currently the one that you hit and run up onto the ledges that the flag is on there, you didn't get the height so it wasn't a problem, but it sort of wrecked the speed side of things.  But yeah, its something I somehow plan to fix.

I'll look at that gun thing later, didn't realise there was 2 different things.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
One thing I'm currently playing around with is the sky/lighting.  To go sort of go along with the name of the map, I want to make it a little darker, using a sky like pbsky3, or possibly unit1.  Here's what I compiled just earlier, its not a full compile, but it has the lighting.

Really I'm just asking for suggestions for all of the _sun values (light, ambient, diffuse and angle) to keep the gameplay going, but not to give any team an advantage with dark areas, etc.

I've also added a little bit of fog.

Map File