Author Topic: The InT experiment comes to an end.  (Read 927 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
The InT experiment comes to an end.
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »

About 8 months ago Rept and I started InT,  In Training, with the goal of getting scrim practice.  Over those months we have a great time, tons of scrims and built a lot of friendships.

We were the first training clan that I am aware of that did not have a sponsoring parent clan. Our model was not to teach from our vast experience, but simply to learn as we scrimmed together.  We took on players that some would not. Some could not strafe. Some only knew a few maps. Our goal was to teach the basics of clan scrimming to those who had not had the opportunity to try clan life before.

The results were good! Some graduated to other clans. Some stayed because they liked the experience. Some left and came back. We were never a top clan, and never intended to be. But we did show that a clan can be stable even if it is not a top clan. You can enjoy the game and scrim often even at a lower level of skill.

Recently my work schedule changed and I left InT. It looks like several others left too, and the experiment may be over.  But we had a good 8 months of fun together. 

I am going to engage in a bit of sentimentalism by listing those who played a big role in the clan.

Rept--Co-founder and a great guy. I wish school didn't take up so much of his time.  Even when he comes back from long absences he is one of our best players. 

GAME-OVER/Theflash – Our first recruit. He couldn’t strafe  right when he joined. He learned in 15 minutes and went on to become a pretty good player. He moved on to farmstarz after a time.

Nopyo—Joined shortly after Nick. Never really played many scrims, since he was busy with school after summer break. But he would show up now and again for events and was active on the forums, etc.  He also made our vent guide which helped many a joining member!

IfraMedU—Framed’s clan merged with InT, bringing a couple of members our way.  She has been playing for 6 years or so, and stayed with us all the way to the end.   And I have to mention that her lucky nades are ridiculous.

DRAGONL49—Another old-timer who had a penchant for getting high and making wookie noises. He also types about 100 +words a minute. 

Colonel/Sloth—Colonel came on board and we soon learned he was bringing his whole family! Some computer issues (and probably his girl friend) have limited playing time lately. But he was a good member of the team.

Venom2—Colonel’s brother who used to be a dedicated camper and then eventually developed into one of our more aggressive players.   He went to XL for a while, but came back for the InT experience.  We used to tease him due to his big head at times. But he did grow a lot as a player in his time in the clan. When he went to XL I remember us playing him in a match and his dad (ou812) sent him to bed! OWNED.

Ou812—Colonel and venom’s dad. He is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and is a PBA bowler too!  He has been a leader in the clans for some months now. He was our old-timer, among a clan of older folks. And always had things in perspective. He was playing just for fun, regardless of what happened.

CHAPPY—Chappy is a nut on vent, but fun to be around. Ask him sometime about his dream of being a pilot.  He did great, despite his NZ ping.

Justinph5—He now often goes by  [CC]Jusu or Martinlawrence. But he was just Justin to us.  He had mostly played speed maps when he joined but he was our best natural talent  and he is a cerebral player.   I mentioned to him a while back that he should consider getting into a competitive clan, but he was not in a hurry. His dream was to be in CC. Turns out it happened sooner than planned.

Flip—Flip joined us when COW went under and was a great leader and helper. He took on the WSL project and built it up quickly, bringing a whole new team of folks into the mix.  His military and law enforcement experience made him tough, but not harsh. He looked for those who he could take under his wing. He moved on to Coldfusion, and then started up a new clan.

Nub—He was more a WSL guy than an InT one, though he did join us at InT for a while.  He was Flip’s first recruit and he developed quickly. I had to kick him from the InT server every time he joined with his name hotpiss,  but otherwise he is a good guy.  Currently in eB.

Slicky—he was at times controversial, and I think he left primarily because he wanted to be able to trash-talk more. But while he was with us he was not only entertaining but probably the best on our team at making aggressive rushes and getting grabs in tight situations.  He has since been in at least four clans that I know of, for a short time,  and now is in Tr.

Dizzle—A hyper midget! But not a bad player. Went to farmz for a bit.

Shockk—An export from UE who was one of our better players. He seems to have fallen off the earth in recent weeks.

Some other notables:

grasshopper   
[InT]Tro0p   
[InT]OMAR   
MrLuke   
PCHAT   
BaNe   
traacer   
T-Dog   
7MAU   
devildowg   
bullzeye
.unPro^Lone-wolf   
Maggot4life
.iTM*friendly

Honorable mentions  go to Visciouz , Foxracing and Biker who were never in InT but were a big help in WSL.  Oh and Cheto was memorable, ( jit, jit).

And like some other clans no doubt we had the distinction of having Toon join for five minutes.  I logged out one day, logged in the next and he had already joined and left. 

Thanks also to those who gave us tips, and help, or to those who played us even though we had no chance of winning.  Knack especially deserves special recognition for his donation of the InT server. We appreciate it.

Perhaps when summer roles around, or if my work schedule changes again InT may return. Perhaps not. But it was a good time.