Author Topic: Because Something Needs To Be Done.  (Read 3165 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Because Something Needs To Be Done.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
we know

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
Well if you know, let's get to doing something...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
Lllllllllllatecomer.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:20:56 PM »
Eh? I've known about this since late January... That's just the first time I thought to put the link on this site.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »
Never mind then. :)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
Somehow I get the feeling you don't believe me.

Edit: That feeling may have been caused by the fact that it sounds like I have no idea what I'm talking about... When I said I've known about "this" since late Jan., I meant the whole Anonymous thing, not that video. Obviously the video isn't from back then...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
what about all the other "religions" that make people kill each other.....?

Good people do good things.
Evil people do evil things.
Religion can make good people do evil things.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
Other religions don't charge people to learn about their beliefs, and other churches don't kill people to keep them from criticizing their religion, and $cientology is tax-exempt despite being, basically, a business.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
Other religions don't charge people to learn about their beliefs, and other churches don't kill people to keep them from criticizing their religion.
In what world do you live ?

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »
Have you ever been charged to be allowed to read the Bible? I'm not saying that churches don't take donations, such as collection plate stuff, but it's not mandatory to be allowed to practice that religion.

Also, has a Christian, Jew, or Muslim ever tried to get you arrested or killed for writing an article that tells people facts about his/her religion? $cientology isn't a religion at all. It's a cult. Also, the Pope doesn't make insane amounts of money for running Catholicism (for lack of a better term), and then not have to pay taxes for anything.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
Have you ever been charged to be allowed to read the Bible? I'm not saying that churches don't take donations, such as collection plate stuff, but it's not mandatory to be allowed to practice that religion.

Also, has a Christian, Jew, or Muslim ever tried to get you arrested or killed for writing an article that tells people facts about his/her religion? $cientology isn't a religion at all. It's a cult. Also, the Pope doesn't make insane amounts of money for running Catholicism (for lack of a better term), and then not have to pay taxes for anything.

No-one is talking about those religions. I'm talking about the 100000 different churches in the all world who do make profit out of it..

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »
Examples?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »
Opus Dei, Jeovahs, ManĂ¡, Yurd I could go on and on but with these i'll prolly hurt people feelings already..

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »
Scientology certainly is a dangerous 'religion', and it's certainly done some pretty bad things. That said, anyone who believes that Anon is actually fighting it because it's so bad has been drawn in to Anon's propaganda a bit too much. This is hardly about Scientology- it's really just about proving that the Internet can get stuff done. And once that was proved with the first global protest, people only got more excited and it gained more steam.
Anon could be protesting nearly anything, really- it'd all be exactly the same stuff. Scientology just happens to be an easy target because they're widespread, known to be a complete hoax, and they look dangerously crazy (due to the Tom Cruise video).

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »
If you have sky, check out the religion channels.

One of them was selling prayers, yes, you sent in money to them and they had a team who would pray for you in return.

They also had a cool offer on too, if you buy a hankerchief blessed by them you'd get a free bible.

And if you don't think the major religions have killed to protect themselves you need to pay more attention in history class.

Also, the Pope doesn't make insane amounts of money for running Catholicism (for lack of a better term), and then not have to pay taxes for anything.

The pope has his own independent state ruled by him, own currency and all the thrills.

EDIT: I'm not disagreeing with you about Scientology, its founder was a science-fiction author for christs sake! Just saying that every religion has skeletons in its closet, some are better at hiding it than others..

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
That's right, lekky. History class. Unfortunately, I can't go back in time to protest things they did, but notice that religious leaders aren't declaring certain people to be encouraged to be killed, as is the Fair Game policy in the Co$.

@ Magalhaes: All you're doing is listing cults, proving my point that Scientology should be grouped together with them.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 06:11:35 PM »
Noone is defending scientology. Every church in the world makes profit, get over it. Dunno what you mean with that cults thing..

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »
Apparently you don't speak English very well if all you got out of that video was the profit thing... There are a list of reasons why Scientology should be ended. Profit isn't even one of the issues. It is, like I said before

Tax-exemption despite being run like a business.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »
Other religions don't charge people to learn about their beliefs, and other churches don't kill people to keep them from criticizing their religion, and $cientology is tax-exempt despite being, basically, a business.
Hum...Thats talking about what ?

"Tax-exemption despite being run like a business."
Like every other church, or most of them. Geez again what world do you leave in?