Author Topic: Photography...  (Read 148794 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Photography...
« Reply #660 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:21 PM »
lol webhead, well if you wanna be picky :P

1. above the bottom line on left, 3 copies of the same spec of dust, and smudges behind it.
2. above the bottom line on right, 3 copies of same smudge, and the lines above and below aren't aligned.
3.above 2nd line on right, 2 copies of 3 dust specs.
4. Back of mat and where the start of wall are all misaligned.
5. on the wall, there are 4 steps of colors that need blended, going up the whole wall.
6. incorrect brightness of wall under her arm.
7. the crispness of her edges (but thats just being picky)

as I already said, s8n's already done much more than any sane person would do :P

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2009, 05:24:51 AM »
as I already said, s8n's already done much more than any sane person would do Tongue

and for free at that

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:12 AM »
lol webhead, well if you wanna be picky :P

1. above the bottom line on left, 3 copies of the same spec of dust, and smudges behind it.
2. above the bottom line on right, 3 copies of same smudge, and the lines above and below aren't aligned.
3.above 2nd line on right, 2 copies of 3 dust specs.
4. Back of mat and where the start of wall are all misaligned.
5. on the wall, there are 4 steps of colors that need blended, going up the whole wall.
6. incorrect brightness of wall under her arm.
7. the crispness of her edges (but thats just being picky)
i didn't notice all that.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2009, 06:39:34 AM »
I don't know how someones eyes could see that much detail anyway.

I actually decided to scale down for once, and I'm slowly getting the hang of my camera now, and I've got a new flash for it as well :)

Just something simple when I got bored.  Someone seems to want the bird seed to his own :P.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:44 AM »

The clone tool is notorious for repeated patterning. One can meticulously clone from different angles and eliminate these anomalies if enough time is cared to be spent on the subject.

If you look at the original photo you can see that the background has a gradient to it. This means, although still having a slight horizontal gradient, I must find background on an equal horizontal plane to replace the portions I wish to remove (replace with background). Because the parts to be removed take up so much of the background my choices for cloning were very limited. This means the repeating pattern issue is a difficulty that would take more time than desired to fix.

If you pixel-peep the photo you can easily see that there is a grain texture throughout the entire picture due to high ISO (800 in this instance I believe). Smoothing edges, shade blending, or any other thing attempted on the background or edges is risky and very time consuming. Too much smoothing will stick out like a sore thumb.

The hard edge on the shoe reflection is just plain laziness. I felt I did good enough removing the reflections of the girls I had removed. Kind of a "screw it" attitude. For free that's excusable I think.

If i'm asked for a high-res copy for printing I will surely have to go back in and do some fixes.

You didn't catch that I removed the hair clip off her head by accident. The hair clip is actually replaced in the PSD, just too lazy to upload new versions, etc...

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
You didn't catch that I removed the hair clip off her head by accident.
aww, :/  missed that one.

I don't know how someones eyes could see that much detail anyway.
I work at a photo studio and my degree is in a similar field :P   Its a pain when customers are as picky as I was with images.

and for free at that
Is it a national dance thing in your area, or is it a local dance studio? Because they look like high production shows.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »
My daughter is on a competition dance team. She's only eight and on the petite squad. This is her 5th year dancing (third on team).
That dance was from the Spring Recital, the last dance of the season, which was last weekend.
The competition team only does those recital as advertising for the studio to draw in new dancers or push some recreational dancers to try for team.

It's very relaxing and fun for us because we don't have the normal pressures of competition. We do four regional competitions each year. Every other year we attend an out-of-state (always at a beach near by) national competition.

It's lots of fun. Some of the other parents are pretty cool and we get the kids together on occasion so they can hang out while we party!!!

Ya know, normally I would never cut corners on any editing job. But considering my audience (a dance mom), and the fact that I was in the middle of processing over 1000 pictures, I just did a quickie mod and got busted for it. Embarrassing really.

I don't usually post too many dance pictures because some parents are sensitive about their child's picture being on the internet, and I respect that. Heck, I was having to blur and crop out this one girl all of last year because her parents were paranoid. They have since chilled out and came to their senses.

I will have to say...shooting the dance stage is some of the toughest photographic conditions I shoot. I feel i'm getting better all the time though.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »
Ya, I've seen a bunch of recitals photographed badly. Yours are top notch.

I had a friend who traveled around the US with Dance Revolution. Although she's all done with it and married now. I almost got a job traveling with Dance Revolution and rendering photos for anyone that would come up to the booth to order prints. Downfall is that it wasn't good money at all, and its always more fun to do as a hobby than a job :P

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #668 on: June 14, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
Found this crawling in my kitchen and my cat staring at it waiting to bat at it. Anyone know what type of bug it is?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #669 on: June 14, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
I dont think i want to go in your kitchen, that thing looks scary! But good pics.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »
eww. From the body I'd say it has the shape of a silverfish, but I've never seen a silverfish with freaky legs like that, or one that big :/

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:21 PM »
silverfish 100%

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
Oh my.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?! I am not going into your kitchen that thing just looks freaky

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
Lol, I’m sure you have bugs in your kitchen to, you just don’t know where they are i.e. under your fridge, and floor etc. and they can get in when you leave a door/window open. And I killed it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #675 on: June 15, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »
silverfish 100%
From the prehistoric age, when everything was huge, maybe.  These days, it's just a good old centipede.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #676 on: June 15, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »
How did u kill it, was it brutal, with guts everywhere or like what, Just curious what the guts color would be.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #677 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
These days, it's just a good old centipede.
They administer venom through modified legs.
genetically modified centipedes...

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #678 on: June 16, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »
From the prehistoric age, when everything was huge, maybe.  These days, it's just a good old centipede.

That's a centipede? Hmmm.... I think the ones in my house have mutated...

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #679 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:01 AM »
My bad...100% centipede hehe