Author Topic: jumping help!  (Read 3783 times)

xtracta

• PGP
jumping help!
« on: April 07, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »
hi, im new and i went to this for jumping help http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/jumping

and it didnt help me at all with circle jumping or ladder jumping. can some1 plzz explain to meh?

~~thanks,
xtracta

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: jumping help!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
Could you explain what circle jumping and ladder jumping is?  Never heard the terms.  Obviously you are jumping in a circle or something but how does this make you play better?

xtracta

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »
here is the explanation for ladder jumping, (that i dont understad)
Ladder Jumping

Near the top of a ladder, there is a location where you can tap the jump key and you will gain higher attitude than you would normally from climbing all the way. This spot is near the top of the ladder where you can see over the ladder.

1. Climb up to the very top of the ladder, but stay on the ladder;
   2. Find the "sweet spot" that is around where your waist is at the top of the ladder.
   3. Tap the jump key.

Ladder jump example

The difficulty in performing this jump is finding the sweet spot. It will take some personal experimentation to be able to do this consistently. In the mean time, you may try looking before you attempt the jump if that helps you to find the sweet spot.

To practice this jump, you can download our example jump tutorial map and try your hand at the example in the screenshot above. It will take experimentation and practice to do this consistently.

now here is the explantion for circle jumping,
Circle Jumping

Circle jumping is the same as strafe jumping, but it can be done from a near standstill (you still need to move forward a bit) in order to get more distance. Follow the same directions as for strafe jumping.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
For ladder jumping, all I do is get on the ladder, go about half way up and hammer jump as if my life depended on it.

Circle jumping, swing your mouse towards the way you want to jump then jump as you're finishing. Kind of hard to explain properly.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »
or do it the cheap way for ladder jumping... and put this in your config..for automatic double jumps

alias 10waits "wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias -dj "-moveup"
alias +dj "+moveup;10waits;-moveup;10waits;+moveup;10waits"

(then just bind whatever key you would normally use to jump....as [example bind "shift" "+dj"])

you can find your config in C:/games/paintball/pball/configs/config.cfg

xtracta

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »
um.. idk wat the heck that means. im sry.

i just started and im still learning =[

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
here......

go to this.

C:/games/paintball/pball/configs/config.cfg

if you follow that folder to folder to folder..you will find config.cfg

(start from your C: Drive)

once you get the file opened.

at the very top (or wherever else)

paste all of this code.

alias -dj "-moveup"

---------------
then when you have that pasted in the file.

find the button you have for +moveup (would look somthing like thie (bind "shift" "+moveup")

and delete the +moveup.   and put +dj.   so it will look just like this. (bind "shift" "+dj")

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »
I on the other hand would say don't use the script just learn to do it manually. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy if you do. Also I would install ventrillo mix and jump on the dp server. You'll meet some of us idiots from around the world. If you don't have it get IRC and idle that too. IRC is where all the cool kids on dp hangout. Another tidbit is to get on IRC and establish a friendship with some clans. This will allow you to see a whole different side of the game. If you get ventrillo up and running make sure you introduce yourself. There is quite a few of us from different teams, countries, and nationality who hangout and run public games or fun scrim together. You're more than welcomed to join in the fun and learn in the process.

xtracta

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »
thanks flip that is a must.

i shall have it up and running by tommorow =]

~~xtracta

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »
or do it the cheap way for ladder jumping... and put this in your config..for automatic double jumps

alias -dj "-moveup"

(then just bind whatever key you would normally use to jump....as [example bind "shift" "+dj"])

you can find your config in C:/games/paintball/pball/configs/config.cfg
The only problem with that is that it assumes that every DJ is the same. Some require you to double tap space quicker than others, and therefore, it sometimes doesn't work. Also, it Djs when you don't want it to and it's all unexppected.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
so for more advanced users..a new key...the double jump key...which i have binded underneath jump key.

oh...and you can reduce the waits.  for those oh so faster taps.  (which actually...i've never encountered)

god...quit finding flaws..you'll never win.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 02:14:49 AM »
lol, thought I'd point out some of them. For example, in razzle, as you come out from the low part, you can return the flag by doing a very slow double-jump off the boxes right infront of you. Or you can go a little further, near the wall and do a really quick double-jump and nearly hit the ceiling.
Djs vary in difficulty and speed. This script doesn't and doesn't specify which type it is for.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »
Could you explain what circle jumping and ladder jumping is?  Never heard the terms.  Obviously you are jumping in a circle or something but how does this make you play better?

I'm surprised you haven't heard the terms.

Ladder jump - climb near to the top of the ladder and press jump - you'll go higher. Example - map Jump, on main entrance when you go toward the house you must climb the ladder to go in. Also on the same ladder if you do the ladder jump properly you can climb on the roof of it.

Circle jump - it's rarely used but it comes in handy to leap over greater gaps which you can't normally do with plane jumps. Also, it's the trickiest jump to make. When you stand on one place and you wanna jump over gap press forward, go forward a little, press w+a or w+e to strafe a bit, jump only when you are far enough on the object, when it seems you'd fall down (you wont if you do it properly) and move your mouse in the direction you are jumping to. So basiclly forward, strafe, jump, circle mouse for 90 degrees to that direction. You can train it alot on Dop jump.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »
Circle jump - it's rarely used but it comes in handy to leap over greater gaps which you can't normally do with plane jumps. Also, it's the trickiest jump to make. When you stand on one place and you wanna jump over gap press forward, go forward a little, press w+a or w+e to strafe a bit, jump only when you are far enough on the object, when it seems you'd fall down (you wont if you do it properly) and move your mouse in the direction you are jumping to. So basiclly forward, strafe, jump, circle mouse for 90 degrees to that direction. You can train it alot on Dop jump.
So you rotate 90 in mid-air?

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
more like 75 or less.