Author Topic: Server Cheat Detection Script  (Read 6628 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Server Cheat Detection Script
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
Would it be possible to make a script for a server that will automatically catch aim-bots and/ or other hacks? 
Possible idea, the script will continuously calculate each player's kill - death ratio and compare it to all of the other players playing in the server.  If there is a drastic difference in ratios, the script will automatically demo that player. 
Another idea, the server will take a screen shot ever 'X' amount of minutes and analyze the screen shot for wall hacks, ESP, etc.  If any screen shots are out of the ordinary, the script will make a log of the screen shot and other needed info.

Are any of these ideas even feasible?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Server Cheat Detection Script
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:40 PM »
You know what works better than that? The current cheat detection.

How do you suggest that the server analyze the player's screenshot for something 'out of the ordinary'? And your first idea implies that hackers will do considerably better than normal players, which isn't always the case.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 05:34:28 AM »
And your first idea implies that hackers will do considerably better than normal players, which isn't always the case.

^^

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:18 AM »
Another detection system wouldn't hurt.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »
But in this case, it'd be a pain to implement and maintain-- and honestly, who cares if there's a speedhacker running around in a pub? It's just waaay to much work for just about zero benefit.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »
The more hackers you catch, less people will attempt to hack later down the road.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
That's not the point. I dont really care too much about pubs. Even if someone cheats in a match, its so bleedin obvious by the second map that they are and if they are (correct me if i'm wrong) then the match will be overlooked and the player banned for however long AND HAVE YE BLACK SPOT. sorry

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »
That's not the point. I dont really care too much about pubs. Even if someone cheats in a match, its so bleedin obvious by the second map that they are and if they are (correct me if i'm wrong) then the match will be overlooked and the player banned for however long AND HAVE YE BLACK SPOT. sorry

Cheating starts in the pubs.  If you can get away with it in a pub, you will try to in a match.  I would reply the the second part of your response but I can't understand what exactly your saying.
A primitive server detection script could also act like a ban reinforcer too.  Checks a person's global login account, IP, and other information against the current global ban list.
When this game starts even more popular, the extra help for finding cheaters would only help the cause.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »
sorry, to retype the second part:
In a match, its best of 3 maps. When they cheat with an aimbot, it's so obvious that by the end of the first map that they're cheating anyway, so you can just take a demo of the second map focusing in on the cheater, post in the forums, the guy gets the black spot and end of cheater. It might even be quicker than the proposed scheme.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
sorry, to retype the second part:
In a match, its best of 3 maps. When they cheat with an aimbot, it's so obvious that by the end of the first map that they're cheating anyway, so you can just take a demo of the second map focusing in on the cheater, post in the forums, the guy gets the black spot and end of cheater. It might even be quicker than the proposed scheme.
As of now it will be but what about in the future when there are another 1000- 2000 actively playing and talking on the forums?  Jitspoe will be flooded with demos and proof of hacking that he will not be able to do anything else but the losers who have to download their skill.  I am not disagreeing with you, just looking into the future. 

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
Hmm, how soon is 'the future'?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »
Gore loses?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
Heh, if this game ever gets to 1000 active community members, I doubt jits will be the only one dealing with things.

Loser

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 06:06:13 AM »
Hmm script eh

so you mean

//
Uint Overly_Precise;
Uint Limit;
void function Check_If_Aimbotting()
{
// analyse whether the cursor is over a target too precisely
// If true add one to Overly_precise
// if false then set a timer before setting Overly_Precise to 0
}
void function Play_Is_Aimbotting()
{
 If (Overly_Precise > Limit );
{
//Call a vote whether or not to ban the person
}
else;
{
//Do nothing
}
}

// end

That would require a lot of input from jitspoe though....

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »
And how do you determine "too precise"?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
locking on to the person.

Ever thought of tose aimbots that lock in in the direction of movement to compensate for the non-instant shooting?!?

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »
What if someone just has really good aim. This idea is full of fail and possibilities for more fail >.> It only takes one shot to kill someone anyways, so all you could really detect is drastic mouse movements (paintball is instagib if you forgot since you never play it, Garrett :P).. which would get anyone spinning around in circles in trouble lmao. Even if you added in a detection for snapping, a few good twitch shots would get someone banned. The only viable detection is detecting whether or not the ACTUAL botting program is running on the client side, which is what we already have.

Idea, pseudocode this out in its entirity and tell me if you still think it's worth jitspoe's time :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 12:15:41 AM »
Here, to simplify that further--

Code: [Select]
if (hacking) {
  ban;
}

Yeah, it's not as simple as you propose. Definitely not worth the effort of putting a whole build into further hack detection.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 07:35:07 AM »
[...]
Idea, pseudocode this out in its entirity and tell me if you still think it's worth jitspoe's time :P
I will start on that soon.  What code structure should I use?  C?