Author Topic: Server Cheat Detection Script  (Read 6634 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Server Cheat Detection Script
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
I suppose ps.viewangles of the suspect and s.origin of whoever he's looking at would be a good sign - if it stays on that point for more than 1sec while either are moving it might be recorded. Still, this would waste some CPU and RAM with not that great a gain - aimbots generally are pretty obvious.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »
If its a server side script, it wouldn't hop the player's CPU usuage much.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
I know what psuedocode is, just wasn't sure if you wanted C syntax or some other language.  I will just go with C I guess.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
I suppose ps.viewangles of the suspect and s.origin of whoever he's looking at would be a good sign - if it stays on that point for more than 1sec while either are moving it might be recorded. Still, this would waste some CPU and RAM with not that great a gain - aimbots generally are pretty obvious.
Problem is, the aimbots tend to snap back and forth, not lock to a target for an extended period of time.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
I know what psuedocode is, just wasn't sure if you wanted C syntax or some other language.  I will just go with C I guess.

Then it's not psuedocode anymore.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
I have had the wrong idea of what psuedocode is, my bad.  With the feedback I have gotten so far, the idea has some good qualities but is not worth the time to implement.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »
Well, the idea is it's really impossible to tell the difference between an aimbot and natural aim from a strictly computable point of view. All aimbots behave differently, the only real way to tell is to check to see if the process is running on the client side. That's why I asked you to pseudocode a way to implement your idea without getting innocents in trouble. Willing to admit my fault if you can come up with a working algorithm :)