Author Topic: how to jump high, and yes i have tried  (Read 1791 times)

xsv boy

how to jump high, and yes i have tried
« on: November 25, 2005, 03:50:27 PM »
I have tried and tried and tried and no luck.  HELP PLEASE.

loial21

• Autococker
Re: how to jump high, and yes i have tried
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 03:59:22 PM »
Yeah good luck on that. The answer is , pracitice. I guess ???  I have played on this engine for over 6 years now and still cant figure out some of the jumps. Courious though I have heard for several years now you have to have a certain FPS to doit correctly. IDK , good luck.

Xsv Boy

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 04:09:57 PM »
how do u just jump high, i can jump but i see poeple fly way over me and i can't do it.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 04:19:38 PM »
To start off with you need to know how to "jump sideways but going forward"  this envolves you jumping constantly and pressing the forward and the strave key (depending on which direction you want to jump)at the same time, rotate the mouse (make sure your using free mouse look) in the direction you wish to move.  They have jump maps, But I belive AirTime 420  is the best way to show the basics of jumping. Try to make it from the middle to the woden ramp on out side the enemies base.,As you get better thus faster you can then progress up to the platform, the best can make the upper platform where the autococker is.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 05:56:39 PM »
On the first beat of the first 4/4 measure, you put your right foot forward. One the next one-count, you put your left foot out. Then you pause for an entire measure. Finally, you do the "bunny hop/strafe jump", which conisists of a forward hop, another hop, and another hop for a total of three, on the one, two, and three beats.

Repeat.

The advanced eR33t strafe technique is a sixteen beat choreography. In the first 12 beats make 6 shim sham steps - left, left, right, right, left, right.

In the next three beats make three jumps (that means both feet to both feet) and pause on the last beat.

Or, if you're one of those who prefers to have a chant it would go:
left-and-left-and
right-and-right-and
left-and-right-and
jump-jump-jump-pause

Good luck, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 06:41:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:06:31 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 04:57:09 PM »
i think with 50 fps you just a bit higher. so on some maps a lower fps is good on others a higher one might be good. at least i know it works on other q2 games but not sure about this one.