Author Topic: Friendly Fire in Matches  (Read 1965 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Friendly Fire in Matches
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:41:16 PM »
After the poll I posted a little while ago, I'm really curious why more people don't match with friendly fire on.  It requires a heck of a lot more teamwork and strategy and can make a clear cut difference between a mere group of skilled players and a true team that works together.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Friendly Fire in Matches
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:36:30 PM »
I'm all for it if clans stopped selecting pbcup, indune, blitz, etc as their map in matches.  I played a scrim with eXT members on crimethink on the EV1 strict server and ffire wasn't even an issue (2-3 ffire kills total).

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:28:44 PM »
People would have to set the severs for it. Other than that little problem it would be fun.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:15:30 PM »
If ffire was on, they'd probably stop selecting small spray maps because they'd end up killing their teammates half the time. :)

You should just be able to type "cmd ffire on" at the console if you're logged in to enable friendly fire.

toM|vendettA

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:27:23 PM »
Jitspoe, im all for ffire on. But ffire AND guntemp? nadda. Not only do you have to keep your eyes on your merry little bar, you gotta keep your eyes on your teamates =\ Sounds more like a mind game than a fun game

davew1

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 01:22:44 PM »
Jitspoe, im all for ffire on. But ffire AND guntemp? nadda. Not only do you have to keep your eyes on your happy little bar, you gotta keep your eyes on your teamates =\ Sounds more like a mind game than a fun game

99% of modern  Markers use compressed air , not co2  at least kill the gun temp deal all together
compressed air dont freeze :)

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 01:50:54 PM »
After the poll I posted a little while ago, I'm really curious why more people don't match with friendly fire on.  It requires a heck of a lot more teamwork and strategy and can make a clear cut difference between a mere group of skilled players and a true team that works together.

How does it require more teamwork?..

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 01:52:32 PM »
If ffire was on, they'd probably stop selecting small spray maps because they'd end up killing their teammates half the time. :)

Not necessarily. They could pick it MORE because they're winning easy rounds due to the OTHER team killing themselves.

FFire will NEVER be a good addition to this game until all the small maps are gone.
Maybe in a league or something where you're only allowed to pick big maps. I wouldn't mind ffire in that case.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 03:25:20 PM »
99% of modern  Markers use compressed air , not co2  at least kill the gun temp deal all together
compressed air dont freeze

true.  lol, you'll have to update the models and instead of co2 it'll have to be like 3500 psi tank / 4000 psi tank / 6800 psi... that'd be tizzight

and yeah... i'd push for making it standard for matching with ff on

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 03:52:59 PM »
I agree with nxe.