Author Topic: [dB]  (Read 9196 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: [dB]
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 02:08:58 AM »
i must say, after watching that demo, there are only two things which stood out in my mind. 1) uni is a wallhacker. and 2) the new server settings suck, eR33t proved a point by camping like that because, and this is really sad, most clans camp for the majority of any given match..especially when they're in the lead.  eR33t took the map Castle1 which is almost infamous for 1 round games of 50-0 wins for good team and used the new settings to their advantage, proving a point, and won 3-2 (originally 1-0 if you exclude points because the remaining two players each had both flags).  db showed an extreme amount of immaturity by leaving the match before it was over AND for critcizing eR33t for exploiting the fualts in this new type of gameplay. 

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 07:37:59 AM »
I think, in an attempt to conquer eR33t, db tried to exploit server settings to thier advantage.
They figured they could take recon/respawn out of the eR33t arsenal and win.
Maybe they thought to exploit the same flaw that eR33t did, and were beaten to the punch?
Maybe they thought, by eliminating recon/respawn they could beat eR33t, reaction & aim vs reation & aim?

Whatever the case, db lost. And they lost with an ebarassing whimper, as most of eR33t ate dinner and laughed at the comical sight before them.

db...You tried and failed. Lick your wounds and regroup. Try to use something other than some crap server settings to beat eR33t next time. Lotta smart muh-fuhs in eR33t. Some cheap excrement ain't gonna work that easy. Try skill, practice, thinking, and teamwork next time, you'll have a better chance.

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 08:37:18 AM »
Uni doesn't hack. Go watch his demo. Maybe we just need certain maps allowed to match on only. Obviously er33t used a weakness in their map to beat us.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 08:48:08 AM »
It wasn't a weakness in the map, per se.
It was a weakness in the settings.
Had there been recon, your dead members would have been able to relay Blitz's position.
Had there been respawns, there would have been more battling to create a single flag carrier for caps.
Had there not been "can't cap if opponent has flag," there would have been more confrontation to stop caps.

It was simply bad settings.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 11:04:15 AM »
S8N: It's not even worth your time. I said the same things over and over to BigT, Damien, and the like. The kept saying stuff like 'you havent proven anything blah blah.' In the end you just have to agree to the maxim, 'Newbies will be newbies.'

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 11:08:23 AM »
agreed

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 12:26:22 PM »
Yup. I agree aswell.

Oh, and BigT.. You REALLY think you could've beat me blitz and dt? If we hadn't sat up top proving our point?
Give me a break... We would've massacred you. You could change any settings in the world and they WOULD NOT help.
We're clearly better players then you and damien. I can out run you, out aim you, out jump you.. Hell I could do 360's infront of you and still kill you before you hit me. Also, if you were so sure you could beat us, why didnt you stay the 2nd/3rd map? Or why didnt you help uni figure out how to kill Blitz? If it was you guys up there, eR33t would've killed you within 5 minutes. You guys just gave up.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 01:20:06 PM »
In all seriousness, that was about as close of a match that you could've got. At the very least, you all should've let me kill you on a suicide rush up the ladder.. and got on to the next round...

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 03:34:33 PM »
S8N, maybe the no respawn IS a bit much.
Edit: But it seems to me that the problem lies with the actual map layout. I mean, a high area thats only accesible by a ladder than can be easily camped wasn't the greatest idea.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 03:58:11 PM »
Camping up there is completely useless though.. until the new changes of course.
You can't do that on ANY map if the other team can just cap on you.
No capping just slows the game down. Consists of the flag carrier hiding waiting for spawns so he can cap.
I've played atleast 5-6 matches with flagmustbeatbase and it's always MUCH less intense then regular matches.. Boring at that. Anyone can hide with a flag.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 04:26:43 PM »
lawl bigt give up it is true that those settings suck. only db wants to use them and i wonder why (lawl) they exploited the servers settings and the teams abilities of db.

gg.

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 04:40:18 PM »
Smokey...first of all i have a right to have my own opinions. Second, the game is still in alpha and its really up to jitspoe what the end products settings will be. I'm glad you like the old settings and i think they work out fine for pubs but they shouldnt have the same rules i dont think.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 04:56:05 PM »
well in all honesty, i think the settings blow but could be slightly modified to make it not sooo merry.  For example, obs blackout? thats just merry - most other games donteven allow obs. durring mathes anyway. Another thing, only being able to camera your team, thats cool and its how most other games conduct matches, BUT it takes out the recon element of the game - i donno about that i mean if we wanted to set up our matches like other game and even pro. leagues do then yeah disabling mm2 so that the alive players cant see it and only being able to obs your team would be the best option. and yet the game has always used recon and its become a part of matches.  And no respawn is meddling merry, if you take any other game out there that is CTF there IS respawn, no matter what. disabling respawn was the dumbest thing ever.  yes of course if you look at real paintball there isnt any respawn even when playing CTF but this is a game and ALL CTF GAMES HAVE RESPAWN.  So overall i believe that the obs blackout should go away and jut not allow observers and there should be repawn, then we should leave it up to jitspoe to decide weather to keep recon as an active part of our mathcing community or to just allow the dead to only spec their alive teammates.  oh yeah before i forget glag caps ending rounds is merry too again comparing it to real paintball capping the flag does end the round but again like ALL other CTF FPS games on the market and currently in the professional circuit, a flag capture does not end a specfied round.  thats just my take on everything. take is for what its worth.

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 05:09:50 PM »
Ok so you think no respawn, no obs blackout(but no one should be obs anyways), and no flag cap ends round? I'm guessing you mean flagmustbeatbase should be off too. what do you think about gun temp and friendly fire. Also, what about the new ctf idea jits thought of http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1213.0.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 05:18:04 PM »
Gun temp is stupid.. Yeah it stops spray.. But what about when you're in a base with 5 guys? Your excrement dies out after killing 2-3.
No one really sprays anyways other then people in public servers. It's not an issue in matches.

Obs blackout is good only because most of the time we match, the other clan has 3 obs voice reconning us.

No respawn = stupid.

flag cap ends round = stupid because it takes out a lot of the intensity.

flag must be at base = stupid for the same reason as flag cap ends round.

friendly fire would be OK if ALL small maps were taken out of DP. But that's never going to happen, so I say no.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 05:19:40 PM »
why the fu.ck are you stuck on changing this game so  much?

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 05:46:19 PM »
About the gunt temp thing, last night when we matched ext on shazam  i watched tom spray almost all of his 200 paint at uni i think. People do spray, maybe we can change it to where you have more shots before it overheats?

Oh and would you consider the hybrid ctf thing i asked about? you can still cap and it solves the problem of people hiding the whole time.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2005, 06:05:03 PM »
The only reason he was spraying was because the map was shazam.

You're right BigT, you are entitled to your opinions, and anyone who has been matching recently for an extended period of time is entitled to their say on what settings should be availible in matches.

However, that doesn't clear you for quitting a match less than halfway through, forfeiting your map and a possible tie map.That is typically something only very new players do. Furthermore, being too blockheaded to see that the settings you desire can be easily exploited on a good, complex, unique, old, classic map. In a sense, we do fear your settings because we know that we want to continue choosing castle1 for our match map, and we know that with those settings, any  newbies with half a brain could do that too us taking any element of fun out of the game. Of course, I'm leaving out the option of actually going up the ladder to our deaths to start a new round, which eR33t would've probably done in that situation (the intelligent thing to do) but that really doesnt matter for my point.

Also I'm sure people could find a similar situation in other maps where those settings could be exploited in the same manner.

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2005, 06:17:19 PM »
I think the settings should be how they are with the exception of ff. I wouldnt mind ff. With ff on it will cut down spray(hopefully) by having people not go around the corner and spray at anything that moves.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 07:11:49 PM »
I don't understand we picked that map against you because of that one weakness? Are you intercourseign stupid? We've been matching on c1 for the last year. You're too busy sucking off jitspoe and being to big of a kitty to actually match us to come to that conclusion. In the demo Uni isn't hacking because dt is sticking out. Who cares, unibonger sucks. You all suck. These changes are only being made to make the game more equal for the people who can't grasp the concept of jumping, and strategy. You all piss and moan about one path maps but then adding no respawn and no grabbing which defeats the purpose of a multipathed map. You should just slit your own throat and do everyone a favor.