Author Topic: Dear god, this is one of the better games I've seen demonstrated recently.  (Read 2204 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Linky

It looks incredibly-- visually, and gameplay-wise. Pretty obviously hot off the heels of portal, though, but that's not a bad thing. The only thing I'm worried about is that there's a 100% chance that this'll get 'dumbed down' for consoles. I'm not sure if there'll be much lost, seeing the relative simplicity of the game, but the controls are still a huge potential fault. Context-sensitive things are reeeeally tough to do correctly, especially when they're as ubiquitous as they are here.
Well, I hope it's good. Looks like the next round of mega-games are starting up. Starcraft 2, Spore, and now this.

oli887

• Stingray
This looks like a first person Prince of persia. Looks really nice

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Don't really like the way the characters look, but the gameplay has potential.  I've always wanted a game where the view actually flips around with the character.

dukeisdog

• PGP
I hadn't even heard of that game until now.

I thnk it looks pretty sweet.

eradicator

• Autococker
So its a Extreme jumping game?
Not bad, I'd give it like a 5 on graphics, and like a 4 out of 5 overall from what I've seen.

IronFist

• Autococker
It looks very cool, but that's what worries me; hopefully not too much of it is pre-canned arcade sort of stuff.

lekky

• Autococker
that does look cool

TinMan

• Autococker
It reminds me of urban ninjas, people who strafe jump in real life.

Parkour ftw.

Garrett

• Autococker
Is the game just for console or will there be a PC release?  The game looks fun as hell.

TinMan

• Autococker
PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror's_Edge

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
PlayStation 3, Windows, Xbox 360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror's_Edge
That article should be removed as it doesn't have enough notable sources.