Author Topic: Committee Reelection -- Seeking Volunteers  (Read 6026 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Committee Reelection -- Seeking Volunteers
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »
We're going to do committee elections a little different this time around.  Instead of requiring nominations and having the community vote on the nominees, we're going to ask for volunteers.  The committee and myself will review the candidates and select the ones we think will be good fits for the committee.  If there are a lot, we'll put our selections up to public vote to narrow the list down to 10 people.

To help with the selection, we've put together a list of questions.  Please respond with your answers if you are interested in being on the committee.  If you're not interested, please don't post in this thread.  Off topic posts will be deleted.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Committee Reelection -- Seeking Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »
Numbered for my own convenience!

1) I'd be willing to cut into my already-plentiful forum time, of course. ;) I think that half an hour to an hour a day, on average, would be expectable.
2) I cannot think of any specific situations, but in times of indecision I tend to stick to one side, for better or worse.
3) Minus vent and such, yes.
4) 2-3
5) 1, but I do know a few key figures.
6) 6-7
7) If there was enough evidence to lead us to believe that he had cheated, but no actual solid proof, then I would vote based on the person's cooperativeness and attitude throughout the process.
8 ) No clan allegiances here! :D But yes, I would be. I exempt myself from the voting/discussion, but I would notify the committee. (I'm looking at yoooou, wulfie.)
9) I love crap! I also enjoy responding in calm manners to wild, burning criticism!
10) I've been an active member of the community for a long time now (well, longer than most), and I believe I have a pretty good idea of what goes on around here, and what's to be expected from others. I'm sure I'd be much more active than many current committee members-- it would be nice to have a decision team that moves faster. And lastly, I think an infamiliarity with people when deciding whether or not to ban them can be a huge plus. ;)

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »
I thought about it... why not

How much time I spend on solving the problem will depend on the severity of the problem. It can be as little or as much as situation permits.

The number of customer's I have to deal with each day! lol :D The situation is, customer comes into store with a phone that obvious has physical damage that's not covered by warranty (it split in half). Customer claims that they only dropped phone and broke (hard to believe though). The solution right now is to take a credit card for security deposit and give a loaner phone for a temporary solution until our techie experts gives a better estimate of damage.

email and irc is not much of a problem... i'm not much of a talker on vent :P i just listen to people talk. :D

7-8... i play almost every night... about an hour or so...

5-6... i'd match or scrim if there's one

2-3... i hope in and out of irc but not on very often

again, it depends on the severity of the violation. I may punish if they're not co-operative... but sometimes 80% is probably more then enough proof

Friends? what friends? People cheating are not friends.

People throw crap at you cause they think they know better and most of them are probably aren't mature enough to understand... It's my job to be professional (seriously)

Making fair judgments without playing sides and understand both sides before making a decision.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »
My responses are in bold.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

I would be able to dedicate 1-3 hours of continuous online time a day and a lot more time during the weekends.  I am on for about an hour in a half in school but would not be able to be on anything other then the forums.  When I am on at home, I am on usually on from 8p.m to 10 or 11p.m. Eastern time and I am up as late as 3p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.  I would have to say a total of at least 15-20 hours a week would be a good estimate of time I would have to be able to spend towards the committee.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

I have been an active member on the forums but have no official experience in the area you have described above.  I consider myself a person who can make a decision on a topic quickly and not second guess myself.  Although I am not judgmental, I can form an opinion quickly.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

I have no problem with email, IRC, or Ventrilo.  I have used Teamspeck and Ventrilo a lot in my day and IRC I have found to be a lot like AIM chatrooms.  I am comfortable in all the above areas as well as texting via cell phones through-out the day.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

I play pub servers almost 100% of the time.  I know a handful of the people who are considered 'pub newbies' and have watched many pub players develop into great matchers.  I would have to say a 7 because when I started playing, there used to be only a few servers that were populated and now that are numerous.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

I would have to say a 2 or 3 tops because I have never joined a clan to become part of the 'matching scene.'  I know a few dedicated match players but I have always found matching to be too serious.  Gaming and computers are a hobby, not a job.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

I would have to say a 6.  I am on mIRC occasionally but have found the forums to be a little more regulated.  I know most of the active forum goers and I have some experience in reading hostmasks. 

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

I would vote for a less harsh of a sentence but still for a ban.  This is online gaming.  If there is some evidence of rules being violated, chances are, you are the culprit or at least involved.  Have there been any cases of people being framed?  If so, it might change my opinion.

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Yes.  Although I am a loyal person, if I would find out that an online friend has been cheating, the trust between me and the friend is broken. 

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

This is something I have been working on.  I have been working hard on just keeping my mouth shut and not getting into an argument online.  I have talked to y00tz and he has given me some pointers.  If I were to be elected, I would treat my position with care and would know that the position is worth more then an argument.  I have learned that you can rarely win an online argument so why bother?

I believe in harsh punishments for cheaters, cheat makers, and/ or cheat distributors.  Cheaters in this game as well as many other online games are causing people to shy away from computer online gaming as a whole.  These people are spoiling the game for people who enjoy trying to get better and/ or are just trying to have a good time.  The more cheater bans, the better.  Why should the 'select few' spoil the online game play for others?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »
This is embarrassing, but roughly 30 hours or more :-\

This morning, English 310 final, had to write an essay over this: http://venus.soci.niu.edu/~jthomas/class/Stuff/alligator  (I chose Gregory :-\)

Mhm, and y00tz P.I. has a ring to it, don't ya think?

7ish

5ish, in preparation for possibly running for the committee this time, I've distanced myself from clans and other interests  (possible biases)

4-5, everytime I'm in IRC there are 19 hour stretches in which nobody says anything, so I, the awkward Jewish guy, needlessly try to make conversation.

Innocent until proven guilty.  If they have violated the rules, the truth will come out eventually in some form.

I'd ban Zorchenhimer in a heartbeat.  Luckily, I'm clanless.

More crap from the community? Hmm, sure why not? :)

There's one in every crowd.. and I haven't seen on in the committee as of yet...

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
as needed

um, running a vote poll online for the studio i work at, and having the server mess up and lose some results... had to decide who to win

sure

7? I'm usually in pubs when bored, so I see a lot of ppl there.

8-9? I know da best ;)  :P   but yeah, I've been around.

8? I idle about 10-15 channels... the ones most ppl are on

depends on how they cooperate and what the evidence is.

sure, wouldn't bother me

already used to doing that :P

knowing players, for speed of decisions, etc. won't do stupid stuff in it and won't chat about it to ppl.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:14:32 PM by Justinph5 »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »

Whenever I have a browser window open one of the tabs contains the forum. I've been living out of a hotel for the past few months with no internet access so my time online has recently been drastically cut. However, this is to change end of May and i will be back to my old geeky schedule ;P. Oh, to answer the question I'm not sure of an exact number of hours, but generally all evening, and certain points in the daytime when i get bored of ETL.

On a lot of occasions whilst being a committee member, most of the scenarios I have come up against involve difficult decisions to decide if a player was cheating, if they knew they were cheating and if they legitimately did not understand what they were doing. You just have to analyse the situation as fully as you can, and express this clearly to others, by grouping the opinions a fairly objective decision is likely to result.

Yes, have access to and familiar with use of all above and more.

Used to be between 8-10, as mentioned above have not had internet for past few months so obviously my play time has dropped to near zero. Will be back up at the end of the month when i finally get home. I know the majority of pub players, and the fact my clan is multi-national (strong links to Europe + N.America), and the fact i co-host a European tournament gives me a wide network of players i either know or can contact through a link that knows them.

Examples include my contact of eastern European players regarding multiple accounts amongst other things.

Won't repeat the fact i have not had internet recently. High knowledge of matching scene, i would say between 9-10.I think the majority if not all of the established players in the matching scene know me and will have matched against me.

When my pc is on and connected to the internet, i am idling irc, including ETG, GGC, Quakenet. I'll give a 10 here.  I max out my max number of channels, have a bot idling the #paintball channel and in my clan channels. I can id a player through their hostmask and their irc personality, easier in some cases than others though :p. (Also written a basic guide informing newbies how to connect.)

Online, it is extremely difficult to prove things 100%. Unless of course the auto cheat detection is used, and again that may not even be 100% accurate. There are a lot of factors to take into account. I will see a person as
innocent until I have examined the details and proof, then I will be able to come to a decision using my knowledge of that player, the proof presented, the situation itself and the views of those investigating with me. I think together an accurate result can be reached, even if 100% proof is not available (honestly i think this is mostly impossible here).

Yep, respecting the clan and teammates is important and if you violate rules, you are also violating that trust I feel is so important. I think both my clan and I have proven this in the past.

Yes, as I am currently a member of the committee I have had to deal with this situation recently a few times. I think it is important to explain the decisions the committee comes to fully to the community. At the moment its not possible for them to see the actual process, but explaining how and why a decision is made is arguably more important than the decision itself. I also think its important to listen to the "crap" people have when responding to decisions. It helps the committee remember who they are, and not start becoming egotistical and think they are above the rest of the community.

Hopefully by doing the above and listening, the community will be able to express their opinions about decisions in a more helpful way and that feedback loop which is so important can really start to earn its wage.

I feel i am able to analyse situations effectively by removing my personal feelings from my judgements, and coming to a personal decision objectively using the evidence and information provided. I accept criticism, and am happy to change my mind when someone puts forward a new idea to me. I understand how this community works, and have a large network to help me carry out the responsibilities a committee member has.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
Re-applying: I've learnt from the mistake I made and feel I have something to give to the committee.

2-4 hours, as much as is required really - for the next few months I'll have a lot of free time.

When I was in the committee previously - those are about the hardest decisions I've had to make.

Yes, I have accounts on most IM protocols and a microphone for vent.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs. 10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

3: I don't pub a lot these days unless fl1p is on, and even when I do I usually go under an alias.

3: I'm involved in a clan but we rarely match. I used to match a lot and know quite a few active clan players.

9: I'm on IRC a lot of the time that I can be, even if I'm doing something else. I know a lot of people there and I'm a

GGC Com Rep for the game. (need to start a thread about that too...)

It depends on the offense and the evidence we do have.

I'd prefer not to vote on their sentence, but yes, I'd turn them in.

In a word - yes.

I've learnt from the mistake I made and feel I have something to give to the committee.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:36:03 PM by ViciouZ »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »
[19:59:52] [@Y2J]: post my commitee app
[19:59:54] [@Y2J]: for me
[19:59:54] [@Y2J]: please

For now, during the summer, I would be willing to dedicate at least 20 hours a week to resolving issues brought up to the committee. Once August comes around and Law School is in session I’d probably be able to put in 10 hours, with random time periods here and there depending on work load. Since most communication would be communicated via forums/e-mail and not need me to be on at same time as an individual, it would be quite easy to get the necessary results in this time.

If by grey you mean gray, then yes, yes I have. Seeing as I just completed my undergraduate degree in General Business with minors in Business Law and Management Information Systems I’ve encountered many tough “gray area” decisions throughout my academia. Also through my years of work experience in the entertainment industry, I’ve been the lead decision maker on some questions of ethics and what to do in a given situation, and have no problem taking the heat. For an example of these situations I will reference my Family Business project where I was asked to team with 4 complete idiots, and I ended up doing all the work. Now would it really be fair if I got the same grade as them? They thought so, but I felt differently, so I went to the teacher discussed my issues with these douche bags, and proceeded to “fire” them and make them do another project on their own. Also, for an example in the work place I have had to make the decision to send 100 separate e-mails instead of mass e-mail 100 people where each can see each others e-mail, due to legal restrictions. As easy as it would have been to take the short cut, must abide by the law.

I’m comfortable with all of the above except Ventrillo, because I do not have access to a microphone currently. But possibly in the future.

10 – I rarely pub under an alias, and if I do everyone still knows it’s me, so I’ve built up a reputation among the pub scene, and everyone has heard of me whether it be through my clan or through pubbing with me.

10 – Being apart of eR33t has led me to face many clans (at least the ones who aren’t too scared to face us) and get to know different people. I also train about 2-4 people and occasionally play in scrims with them, so I don’t just do matching, but I try to help the younger players.

10 – I was using IRC before half the kids that play this game were born. I registered the DPSurfer name. Thus, people know me, and I know them.

It’s not a question of whether you can prove it 100%, it’s a question of whether there is reasonable doubt or not. It’s one thing to create doubt by exaggerated some story (for example I was out mowing the grass and my friend loaded some hacks and played dp under my name), but if there is reasonable doubt, with evidence to support it, then you would have to vote to not punish.

Of course, no one should get special treatment.

I fully believe I can behave in a much more mature manner then most of the past committee when the community throws crap at me, and I also believe I am more well spoken then the majority of the people posting on this forum, thus allowing me to communicate my points and decisions much better than current individuals, which allows for less crap to be thrown at the committee.

There are very few people that have been playing this game as long as me that are still apart of the community. There are also very few members of this community that are as educated as me and possess the intellect to actually think through and rule on certain decisions. Given my knowledge of the game, my relationships with the people that play the game, and my overall individual I feel there is no better choice for a new committee member than the individual that was able to challenge the old committee, prove where their faults are, and provide the community with a blueprint for future committee decisions. And that individual is me. I thank you for your time, may your nights be as legend…waitforit….DARY as mine.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
1. A lot
2. Yes, had one today
3. Yes
4. 10
5. 10
6. 10
7. Ofcourse
8. Yes
9. Sure
10. Because I have been the best one on the committee thus far

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »

As much time as i can.

Not sure on that one, can't think of one off the top of my head.

Not a problem at all!

Umm I'd say around 9.

9 Again.

If there's enough evidence that i can see some sort of suspicious activity. (not necessarily 100% but if it's close enough.)

Certainly.

Yes.

I've been very interested in the game and have been playing for a while now (not near as much as the veterans, but you get my drift) and since i don't know anything about texture-making, I'm not the best mapper out there, etc. I'd like to try and help out the community somehow.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:31:26 PM by skitzo »

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
Jesus, almost missed this.
I promissed I would volunteer some time ago and I know gamabunta and edgecrusher would vote for me if they could. gotta love eastern europeans.

So...
1.Probably as much as needed for the issues to be resolved...I doubt they can take more than I'm willing to spend.

Going well..next!
2.Hmm..no. Already gave opinions in some of those matters but no, no decisions..

3.yeah...if needed

4.something around 8. I know most of them altough they don't know me due to my nasty habit of playing pubs with aliases.

5.hmm..9.I hardly don't know someone from a clan that is at least 2 months old and has irc.I have been matching for idk 2 years(?) more than one year at QeHs.

6. 9.Same as the above. Probably iknow everyone with more than 2 months of Irc.

7. Off-course that depends on the situation but on most cases I would say I would punish the guy if I was 100% sure even if we didn't have enough evidence...
Advantages of this not being a courthouse.

8. Yes. Without think twice. Ok maybe I would think twice and first would try to convince him to admit it. Then yes I would turn him over...

9. Yeah I am. I have been taking a lot already due to my anti-agree-with-the-oldschoolers-in-everything opinions. Jesus this one was nice. Bet this answer will give me a spot.

10. Not even going to try to give a fancy answer as lekky has already beaten us all with his...
Ok, for one I'm Portuguese and obviously it's good to have people from different nationalities on the committee, especially if they don't have much/anymore people so I can't favour friends :]
Also I think I respect others...
I think by myself...plus i hate people who don't. huh..that's all.

Oh and I'm Portuguese.

And brighter than C.Ronaldo! (he's famous in europe...nevermind.)

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 03:39:37 PM »

After looking at some previous applications, I do not understand how someone would be capable of committing the equivalent of a full time job towards resolving committee issues (or much less how any issue could require such commitment). I feel I would realistically be able to commit between 4-8 hours per work week toward discussing and resolving particular issues (I work full time as a Web Developer).

I have been in more than I can count, and believe this is just a natural and unavoidable part of life that we all should embrace. The most immediate difficult decision that is in my head at the moment was the choice to enter the professional workforce after graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in CS, as opposed to continuing my education towards a Master’s or Phd. Certainly there were quite a few different variables to weigh and thought to be had before making such a choice..

I’m probably __too__ comfortable with them. I use email religiously for both personal and work related issues; idle or chat on IRC 24/7; and have had a ton of experience/usage on Ventrilo/TS2/etc.

There was a time when this would be a 10, but now ‘adays, I’d have to say about a 5-6. Usually if I am playing pub, it’s under some alias so that I can relax and not have to worry about everyone wanting to chat non-stop; but occasionally I’ll pub under my ‘real name.’ I think most of the current pub community is at least relatively familiar with who I am.

10 – I have lead some of the most successful clans in the history of the game for the last 8+ years, and anyone who is in the competitive matching scene undoubtedly recognizes my name.

10 – I idle in most all of the popular clan channels, usually 24 hours a day. I’m usually active on IRC at least for a few hours a day in the evenings, and often times all throughout the day and night (and hence very comfortable with IRC and its inner-workings in general).

If you can prove 100% that some has violated a clearly defined rule, then it seems to null any need for discussion other than choosing the proper form of punishment. I believe in the idea of proving beyond a “reasonable doubt,” so my interpretation of such a particular case would depend on the ability for the evidence to achieve such a definition.

Absolutely. If they were in my clan and I suspected them of cheating/etc, they would wake up the next day clan-less.

I always attempt to handle situations and disagreements in the most mature and calm method possible, since throwing any more emotion into such a situation usually only adds fuel to the fire. I welcome criticism to any discussion, and am more than capable of making a change in judgment or outlook if and when valid, new information if presented.

I have been one of the most influential competitive members of the community for a very, very long time. I feel that I would be a strong voice for the irc/clan/matching community, which I feel has become increasingly underrepresented and inaudible in the last few years. I have hosted dedicated gaming servers, ran numerous successful tournaments, and of course – created the most popular map in the history of the public scene! ;-)

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
1. A lot
2. Yes, had one today
3. Yes
4. 10
5. 10
6. 10
7. Ofcourse
8. Yes
9. Sure
10. I'm better than Olbaid in every way.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »

Hard to say, depends on work/life, but probably 5-10 hours.

Probably, but can't remember examples.

Sure, using those tools every day.

I used to play on pubs a lot more than now, so I'm giving me a 3-4 on that.  I know a lot of people by 2nd degree contacts, and people who have been around know me.

I used to play matches a lot more than recently, too. Reason for that might be that I have lead the longest existing european clan for over 3 years, but MeMi went inactive in early 2008. I still know a lot of people, of course, especially those who are in more stable clans. So I'll give myself an 8 here for now.

I do idle on IRC almost every day, basically whenever I'm online for a longer period of time. And as I have done so for quite a while, I think I know most people there as well. I guess a 9-10 should be in place here.

That depends on the case. If it can not be proven 100%, a punishment should not be given if not it seems very likely that the person has violated rules. I've stated my opinion on that in threads before, but I believe this question should make no difference when picking committee personnel, as it's almost like biasing the committee (or leading its direction of decisions).

Sure.  If that ever had happened to a player of my clan, he'd be kicked out immediately and be ruled on like any other player.

Nothing new here, having had to withstand er33ts constant crap after we (europeans!) almost beat them in PBCup Season #1 as well as all the stuff coming from national rivals (bitmate and former clan DoP etc).  Umm yeah, I don't take internet talk serious enough to have problems with what people throw at me through the internet.

For one, I don't give myself unrealistic credit, just to get into this committee. I think that I am next to Lekky the best european choice on the board, as I know a lot of people and do not behave childlike as many others in this community. And I do believe there should be some europeans on the board, as we often have a different view on some stuff than the north americans, as has been proven several times.
Secondly, I have a lot of experience with the community, compared to most of those who have applied before me. That way I know how people might react to certain decisions and I know who to talk to before judging on things.
Can't think of a third reason, just elect me already ;)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »
1. As much as possible, been busy lately.
2. Yes, had to decide to kick a player from the team on false pretenses.
3. Yes.
4. 8
5. 10
6. 10
7. No, until proved guilty.
8. Yes.
9. Yes.
10. Yes, for sure.

EdG Y

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 08:03:38 AM »
1. 2 hours a day , 14 hours a week +
2. Yes a member of my clan was being abusive towards others so I kicked him and he was given a spanking of his mum (my mums best friend :P)
3. Yes i have IRC ect and if i didnt have something i could download it.
4. 8 I reconise people there, but i wouldn't say i knew all of them, but i know most.
5. 10 I watch alot of matches, and play as a sub if anyone needs me. I also scrim in match style with my friends.
6. I love irc :D
7. Hide in a server as console and see how he acts. Only charge if i get evidence.
8. I would if he admitted to it or i gained enough evidence.
9. Definatly im not one to be infuriated by mindless sourcess of very little intelligence.
10. Yes i have been a good player and a fair one.

Krizdo4

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »
Well why not.

A few hours but would depend on how severe an issue is. The more severe (the more interesting) then more time.

Not particularly.

No trouble with email, irc, various IM's. Voice chat I avoid but would use if needed.

5, When I play, it's on pubs.

If I was proven to me then I'd vote to punish, even if it was someone else's idea of 90%. If I'm personally the one investigating, then it would need to pretty much be 100%.

I'd probably investigate prior to deciding but if they're reasonably suspect then yes. I have it easy though. No clan. And

Yes.

Easy to be impartial. As a lurker I've been around a while and accumulated zero enemies. I'm not afraid of technical details which is important for a community that is internet based.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »
Finally got around to doing this.  Forgot about it.

Whenever I'm home and not doing homework, spend about 2-3 hours on the forums per day.

Well I'm a computer / whatever it is at school and I find out all of these things that put me in a position that I hate being in but most of the time I'm in.  I'm in one at the moment where a guy who is one of my friends was an idiot and edited the Wikipedia page to something that insults the whole school.  The main teacher that is in charge of all of that stuff I told and she has taken it to the principal and I really don't know whats going to happen.

Yes, got all them.

About a 7.  Know most people, few people I don't know.

Well this depends.  If its a scrim I play around a bit with friends to about a 5.  Match would be about a 3 since I'm in a mostly inactive clan but I know most of the activish members

I'm on IRC whenever I'm home, I idle in heaps of clan channels but some clan channels I prefer to stay away so about an 8.

I would prefer to wait until evidence is made first, and then punish.  Without evidence anyone could've done it and that person might get banned, etc. for nothing.

Heh, doing that right now at school.  Yes I would because I want the game to be a clean place with nice people and no useless hackers, idiots, etc.

Went through this is primary school.  I was the "Teachers Pet" as I was called and was always trusted by the teachers.  Sometimes when I wanted to do a test and the teacher forgot about it I would remind them and then the class would go wild at me and get pissed off.  I really didn't care as we were supposed to do it anyway.

Well I thought of this becuase I see lots of cases brought up to the committee take sometimes forever to end.  I'm always around to vote, etc and don't like leaving the computer often, I'm sorta addicted to the game / computers.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:24:33 AM by Cameron »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 04:18:47 AM »
I may not have played this game for as long as some of you people, but i would sure like to help out and gain experiences out of this.

Well, i could put up to 4hours a day but generally I would give up 2-3 hours a day, so 14-21 hours a week :)

Well I'm not sure, but if I was to make a "grey area" decision i would like to think that i could cope with it.

Yes, but sometimes with Ventrillo i don't like to, but would if necessary.

Well when I'm not on the forums I'm usually playing in a public server, so around a 7-8.

I like to match as often as i can, but lately with school, i haven't had much time to play in matches because of the timezone differences.

When ever I'm playing Pb2 or browsing the forums I'm usually on irc, i idle in as many channels as I can, but this is only 10-20. 6-7 I would say.

This is a tricky one. I would probably not go for the ban until more evidence arises.

Yes, no matter who it was. Luckily I haven't had to so far :)

Yes. I really don't mind if the community gives me crap. I use to not fit into my school and use to get teased nearly everyday but now i have a bunch of friends, good ones. So I've grown up with it, it's no problem for me :)

I think i would be a good committee member for the folllowing reasons:
1. I'm on the forums a lot and would reply to any emails, Pm's and anything else a.s.a.p
2. I would be a very fair member, i always wait for all the evidence before making judgements
3. I don't get annoyed very easily and can take what ever the community throws at me
4. I get along with a lot of people in-game and know whats going on.[usually]
5. I would help out in anyway