Author Topic: Build 23  (Read 27656 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Build 23
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »
Is there a command to reload one particular menu?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »
Is there a command to reload one particular menu?
I don't think there's currently a way to reload just one menu.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
Can you PM me the code that you had working?  That way I would be able to see how you have it working allot better.  :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 10:53:52 PM »
Code: [Select]
widget
yrel 78
type select
width 12
size 8
cvar menu_mapname
cvar_default "midnight2"
filedir "$menu_map$"
strip ".bsp"
strip "$menu_strip$"
doubleclick "set deathmatch 1; menu off; map $menu_mapname"

Then I set menu_map and menu_strip at the console before opening the menu.

MrLuke

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »
wow it is really really quiete now

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
ye its quite now but the sounds are good, jump and say sounds

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »
The taskbar icon works now. Idk why. Must be a temp. vista bug :P

Whats about the "ref_gl version: PB2GL 0.22"? The same "problem" like the hostname?

What did u tweaked at the weapon animation ? I looked at them in build 20 and build 23 homeservers. The only thing i saw is, the pgp animation is timed better now. But the ttracer is the same... ???

The new sounds are good (not the start8 and weapon sounds. i dont like them. i have posted the reason in another thread).
Maybe the chat/teamchat sound should be a little bit louder?
Is there a new sound, when i come out of the water? Or i never noticed it before?

Is the countspawns command interesting for serveradmins?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »
Countspawns is just for debugging maps, really.  The gl version wasn't changed because I didn't modify the rendering code.  The animations were tweaked to be timed better and not reset halfway through the animation.  In the old version, if you didn't hold the trigger down, the animation would sometimes reset, and the trracer animation was too long, so it would reset halfway through, too.  I may have put in a new sound for exiting the water, too.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »
There is a bug with the warmup mode.

If i turn it off and start a new map, the counter goes from 25 to 11 and the round starts. Where are the other 11 secounds?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 01:29:44 PM »
That happened on b21 as well. I was gonna post it but I thought that maybe someon had noticed, PMed jits and that he would fix it and I would have only gotten flamed for wasting people's time

Please turn up the new chat sound!

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »
Seems to work for me.

I like the new sounds. The chat ones needs to be turned up, as some have already said. The footsteps sound like really muddy boots... can't wait for surface-specific sounds! :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »
Seems to work for me.

I like the new sounds. The chat ones needs to be turned up, as some have already said. The footsteps sound like really muddy boots... can't wait for surface-specific sounds! :D
Those footsteps would be for dirt surfaces (not sure why you think they sound muddy - do they sound squishy?).

Does everybody really have a difficult time hearing the chat sound?  I the new one a lot quieter so it's not annoying when people are chattering away, but that can certainly be adjusted.  Chat really almost doesn't need sounds (though it would be helpful if chat messages were separated from the rest of the game messages... is there already a feature vote for that?).  They're just a  notification to look up.  Maybe it's just me, but things like AIM that play obnoxious sounds every time somebody says something drive me nuts.  I'm trying to remove as many potential annoyances from the game as possible.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 01:22:34 AM »
I, for one, like the new volume. And the new steps sound squishy in that they don't seem to have much definition, if that makes any sense. They're kinda fuzzy.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 01:23:38 AM »
Well, true, they're on softer ground, but they don't "splortch" like mud.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »
I liked the chat sound before how it was. It was the right volume as usually in a match,/pub, when people are talking.. I kinda wanna know about it.

It also helps in recon eg. If a recon skill for one clan is the amount of chat noises you hear is how many people there are left, then you might want to hear the chat sound. Or if you miss a vital bit of recon because you didnt hear the tone. That happens to me sometimes because of my 1600x1000ish screen resolution.. which I like so no telling me to change it!
I'm liking the new spyder, PGP and auto sounds. Can't remember what other ones are changed. You may want to be careful that you don't change them too regularly - I was only just getting used to the b21 sounds!

Good work on this one, though.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »
Lol, 'recon skill'. Maybe now you'll pay more attention to the game and less to your human wallhacks. :D

Anyway, I don't think the chat sound is checked for modification. You should be able to stick the old one back in.

EDIT: Yep, it's not there. And anyway, now there's a separate sound for teamchat now, so this change is actually good for you. :P

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 01:41:41 AM »
Lol, 'recon skill'. Maybe now you'll pay more attention to the game and less to your human wallhacks. :D

Anyway, I don't think the chat sound is checked for modification. You should be able to stick the old one back in.

EDIT: Yep, it's not there. And anyway, now there's a separate sound for teamchat now, so this change is actually good for you. :P
lol, I like the team-chat and normal chat sounds, I just think that they need to be turned up. I'm usually the one doing all the recon!

EDIT

probably cos i suck

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »
I like the new sounds.  Especially the chat sounds.  I like them low.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »
When someone caps grabs the flag, I can't hear them at all, though.
The new guns sound sexy.. i always wondered why the PGP did that animation - I thought that it was hand powered!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
You can't hear the grab sounds, or you can't hear the chat while people are grabbing the flag?  The grab/cap sounds probably need to be adjusted/replaced as well.