Author Topic: GT servers  (Read 5205 times)

scribe

GT servers
« on: December 20, 2005, 09:24:18 AM »
GT has 4 servers for public use:

- Classic 1 & 2
- Pub 1 & 2

Classic and Pub servers have different settings. 

99% of the players seem to prefer the settings on the Classic servers - these are the proper settings.  This is a small community, having 2 sets of rules for dp is not right.

It sucks when one of the Graf Pub servers are full and everyone is complaining about the settings including me.

Who out there likes the settings on pub??!?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: GT servers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
I don't play on them enough to know the settings. Could you explain?

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:34:20 AM »
eiii...maybe its a question just for the active players ;)....yeah just like you said scribe...I Agree :)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 12:02:07 PM »
Seems as though I recall GT admins doing this to please others. GJ

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 01:11:12 PM »
I'm active, but don't like the maps that are being played %90 of the time.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 01:19:25 PM »
I'm active, but don't like the maps that are being played %90 of the time.
Then make some that will.

scribe

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 04:43:43 PM »
Seems as though I recall GT admins doing this to please others. GJ

"others" ?  Who are the "others"?  Are you telling me there is a group of people who really want to have:
1) merry guntemp
or
2) Round to end when flag is capped.. wtf is that??? rofl.
or
3) Flag has to be present to cap... ?!@?! silly stuff I tell yah.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 05:27:48 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:50:58 AM by P!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »
Picasso set up the different servers in order to give the players a choice.  Though I wish he'd put better maps in rotation on the pub servers.  People who enjoy the more strategic settings such as guntemp usually prefer more strategic maps, so it's a bit counter-productive to have those settings with a bunch of 1-path maps like pbcup and indune.  As such, hardly anybody ever plays on those servers.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 06:04:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:04:19 AM by Dirty_Taco »

scribe

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 07:58:25 PM »
Picasso set up the different servers in order to give the players a choice.  Though I wish he'd put better maps in rotation on the pub servers.  People who enjoy the more strategic settings such as guntemp usually prefer more strategic maps, so it's a bit counter-productive to have those settings with a bunch of 1-path maps like pbcup and indune.  As such, hardly anybody ever plays on those servers.

I realize he did that for choice - but what I am saying is nobody likes those settings.  Guntemp does not make the game more strategic.  99% prefer the classic settings.  Right now.. this very second the pub 1 server is full on a cool map but the gameplay is shyte because of settings.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 08:59:10 PM »
Guntemp discourages spraying, which is unstrategic. It doesn't really add strategy, but it takes away unstrategic habits. If that makes sense. Also, flag @ home to score encouges teamplay, and makes the flag-capping less of a race. Round ends at cap prevents capfests, which makes games last longer, and causes less trauma for newbies.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 09:04:06 PM »
Or for those playing with newbies who let the enemy grab and cap repeatedly after everybody else on the team is eliminated. ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 10:41:44 PM »
 Just say you you dont like letting go of the fire button.  Its OK

I realize he did that for choice - but what I am saying is nobody likes those settings. Guntemp does not make the game more strategic. 99% prefer the classic settings. Right now.. this very second the pub 1 server is full on a cool map but the gameplay is shyte because of settings.

scribe

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 11:58:50 PM »
 "Guntemp discourages spraying, which is unstrategic. "

spraying is very strategic its part of the game - it always has been

scribe

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 12:00:18 AM »
Or for those playing with newbies who let the enemy grab and cap repeatedly after everybody else on the team is eliminated. ;)

So you change the way the game is played for newbies who dont know how to play?  Maybe they should either a) learn or b) get kicked for ruining the game. 

MeRL

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 12:14:21 AM »
i don't like gun jam. call me a sprayer, i'll probly agree. but then again someone come forward and tell me you don't spray.. i'll laugh @ you  :-*
As for capping, i prefer to have YOUR flag untouched when you cap because i like the teamplay aspect, it makes you work a little harder for your points. Unless we'd rather call paintball "Capping for Dummies" where someone can explain how you just need to run back and forth from base to base and cap without worrying about your flag. moving on...
I dont like having the round end after a cap because if a team can find a weakness in another team and take advantage of it then i'm all for it.
In any case, i think for matches at least, the community will need to approve a certain set of rules and regulations...eventually  ::)
- MeRL

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 02:19:21 AM »
i don't like gun jam. call me a sprayer, i'll probly agree. but then again someone come forward and tell me you don't spray.. i'll laugh @ you :-*

That's not really spraying, that's shooting at someone who's charging towards you. Spraying is just shooting at a point, waiting for someone to walk into it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 02:47:31 AM »
I dont like having the round end after a cap because if a team can find a weakness in another team and take advantage of it then i'm all for it.
That weakness is generally some newbie camping some path nobody is using while the rest of his team waits in agony hoping the round will somehow end so they can try to make up for the 20 point loss they just took.  Skilled players usually won't let another team get away with more than one cap anyway, so I don't really see how it's that big of an issue...

But anyway, as can be seen just from the handful of replies here, there isn't a universal server setting that everybody will like.

scribe

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 07:46:48 AM »
"But anyway, as can be seen just from the handful of replies here, there isn't a universal server setting that everybody will like."

Yeah no excrement so that is why you choose 1 standard setting and not 5.