Author Topic: Newmap - The Big Green Carpet  (Read 8011 times)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: Newmap - The Big Green Carpet
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
To Sally -

Maybe I would waste a second to write "I suggest to..." if you could even type my name properly.
lol. and silly honestly, if someone here tells you to fix something, dont be a douchebag and not fix it or ask him to say it again using better manners because they didnt put "i suggest to..." in front. jesus christ man, i dont wanna start flaming so im going to stop myself there.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »
yea now that ive actually looked at this map, i feel the same way Rick does.  preview from beta 3? also shows that you didnt do anything to those unnatural chunks of perfectly carved rock on top of cylinders of more rock. also, the bases bother me. you use almost the same thing in all of your maps, and I personally feel that it doesnt even look that great, and yea like Rick said, change the height of those bunkers.

Already changed all the stuff that u suggested. The bunker i fixed, the rock i fixed.

To Laged -

Maybe if i cared about what you said than i would actually take them into consideration.. Also, spell check messed the spelling up... Maybe if you could spell your own name right?

Get out of my thread.

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 03:16:55 AM »
What the heck is wrong with you? I've done nothing to you, don't be a douchebag.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
lol. and silly honestly, if someone here tells you to fix something, dont be a douchebag and not fix it or ask him to say it again using better manners because they didnt put "i suggest to..." in front. jesus christ man, i dont wanna start flaming so im going to stop myself there.

Thats not what i was saying... You've completely missed the point

Your not going to want to fix something if someone says - FIX THAT NOW, IT LOOKS AWFUL.

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »
Whatever I don't care - maybe you shouldn't put your maps on the forums if you can't accept constructive criticism.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »
i can accept it... but there are certain terms in which i will accept it

theres constructive criticism... and theres telling someone what to do.

I don feel like arguing this point anymore

**EDIT

To Rick -

Can you please explain what you don't like about the map, and also the bases? I wanted this map to be a quick paced type of map. To be honest... a base is a base.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:50:33 PM by Silly »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 07:25:34 PM »
Silly, honestly Laged is doing you some good, hes actually trying to make the map go somewhere.  Use his feedback, even if he says "Fix That" or "Maybe you might want to change that". It goes the same way, you can just politely reject the suggestion and move on.

Now, from my point of view the map is to small and simple.  It looks like it has been whipped up in less than half an hour.  If you were to improve it make it much longer.  Maybe double the length and add more obstacles to make it harder to quickly get yourself to the other end.  Also make those wooden things in the bases thinner, it looks like the wood is currently 32 units wide.  Currently as is it would be useless as a 1v1 or 2v2 (maybe) map as you could just go grab and run back and cap, running past each other on the way.  Too many players in the map as well would make it crowded.

-Cameron

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »
i would never, ever suggest a one versus one on this map.

Also, i never intended it to be a large map. If you were to play it in a match, you would have to stratagize who goes were, for the middle will be lined. No doubt about it.

Secondly... to simple? who wants to play a complex map with 10 routes, and i take that it was whipped up in 30 mins as an insult. If you were to actually know how long it took to think of a way were people would not just fly by, and in a match situation, have people actually think were to go.

Thirdly, the wooden bases are for lookout and for spraying. You can see all ends of the map from it.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »
It was just my opinion on the map.  I know that they are there, but I'm suggesting making the wood a bit thinner, it looks way to thick.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
yeah, i agree.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »
Also, i never intended it to be a large map. If you were to play it in a match, you would have to stratagize who goes were, for the middle will be lined. No doubt about it.
can there really be that much strategy on a map so small and with 2 paths that connect in the middle?

Secondly... to simple? who wants to play a complex map with 10 routes, and i take that it was whipped up in 30 mins as an insult. If you were to actually know how long it took to think of a way were people would not just fly by, and in a match situation, have people actually think were to go.
actually some of the larger/mid-sized maps with more paths are the more played maps. and rarely they have ten main routes.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »
can there really be that much strategy on a map so small and with 2 paths that connect in the middle?

Um.. Yes. You can be seen from end to end. You have to come up with a strategy on  how not to be seen so you don't get shot right away.
Basically what your saying is you don't need a strategy for Blitz?

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
blitz has a different style gameplay than this. the whole map is basically a bunker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »
You're using blitz for a reference of strategic gameplay?  It's just a big box.  That map should just be deleted in my opinion. :P

I've attached a demo.  I didn't realize I had autorecord on until I quit, so I suggest fast forwarding to about 15:10 unless you want to watch me wander around the map for 5 minutes :P.  I was probably kind of harsh, but I want to help you improve so you can make things that look much nicer.

I've also uploaded the map to the beta server.  Let me know if you need the login.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 11:38:41 PM »
pssh

I say blitz top 5 played map.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
BETA 5 is OUT

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 01:29:16 AM »
Recorded a demo and uploaded to the beta server.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
Silly you can do alot better at map making if you actually put time and effort into your maps. These maps you have been releasing lately are plain old dumb.lol.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »
LOL, do you really think i map to impress? I map because one day i'll get a sweet idea, and i'll make my map around that idea. I dont "plan" out where things go, i just make it. I do plan the gameplay, but i dont make my map all fancy and waste my time doing that, while i could be outside skateboarding or chilling with my freinds.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
LOL, do you really think i map to impress? I map because one day i'll get a sweet idea, and i'll make my map around that idea. I dont "plan" out where things go, i just make it. I do plan the gameplay, but i dont make my map all fancy and waste my time doing that, while i could be outside skateboarding or chilling with my freinds.

That made me laugh. If YOU don't want to waste YOUR time, then don't map period. Some people spend months at a time working on a map to get it on the pubs and match servers. You have potential as Rick stated. You're just lazy.