Author Topic: Quake 2 Mod Help  (Read 1071 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Quake 2 Mod Help
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:48 AM »
I am looking for the easiest way to remove the standard weapons from a quake 2 mod. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? I think I remember reading that Jits spent a lot of time removing entities and weapons from the quake2 source.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Quake 2 Mod Help
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
ctrl+A

Delete.

Seriously, though, I don't think there's really an "easy" way.   Are you trying to just replace them with new weapons, or do away with a weapon-oriented game completely?  There's a lot of inventory management stuff in there that we probably should have made use of, but Calrathan wasn't familiar with the code base when he whipped the first version of Paintball 2 together, so he pretty much wrote his own stuff.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
I just wanted to remove all the stock weapons completely from the game, so I can just add a fire extinguisher to be picked up and leave it at that.

1-level pointless standalone first person puzzle game in chernobyl: coming soon.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
For something like that, I probably wouldn't even bother.  Just add your new weapon, and as long as you don't add the other weapon entities to the map, you should be fine.