Author Topic: Grave 2 : Competition Time!  (Read 49454 times)

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Grave 2 : Competition Time!
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
I care! It's a shame Dag cant give the .map file to another mapper like JeeJee or someone so they can finish it O_O

I care too.. It's a great idea and it looks cool in the screenshot (god knows if it's really from it). But I'd like it to be finished.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »
My thoughts exactly abnormal. It's a shame, but real life gets in the way of this game.
JeeJee, please create some new map that is really addictive, looks amazing etc.. We could do with another decent map.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
2011 now... lets finish it! XD

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
Saw DrRickDaglessMD on a server (around 1-2 month ago). He said he'll maybe work on it again.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
Saw DrRickDaglessMD on a server (around 1-2 month ago). He said he'll maybe work on it again.

he should at least pass it on. it looks like it will be good.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »
Blimey, I suppose this has been in development hell for a ridiculously long time, huh?

Like T3RR0R15T says, I do intend to finish it someday, although spare time is at an all-time low right now unfortunately. I'm not sure it's as straight-forward as simply passing on the mapfile; the map geometry is essentially finished, but there are some problems which I found it difficult to solve. Not to bore anyone (and I'm aware that this isn't the mapping section), but the basic gist of it is:

- There is a lighting bug which creates crazy shadows on the underside of the church roof, which is really distracting and doesn't look great. I can't figure out how to fix it (nor have I really tried - I prioritised other tasks given how long it takes to compile, vis and light this map).

- I created a fair few of the textures from photographs I had taken. In particular, I created a pretty in-depth alpha-channel enabled Ivy texture for the outside of the building. Unfortunately, these are huge (I remember at least one of the textures was 76mb. Obviously, this is ridiculous). Along with generating the headstones and their messages (programmatically), essentially I have a problem with the map and its assets being rather huge.

- Model creation - I can't make models, and I don't really have the time or inclination to learn it anymore, so I'm having trouble sourcing the models I'd like for the map. Specifically, I was going to include a Bell and some chandeliers for the inside (I may drop the chandeliers if the r_speeds get much worse, they are already sky-high).

- Finally, I moved to LA, and I don't have my PC or any of the map files here. This is a problem.

I'm glad you guys are still interested in it, like I told T3RR0R15T, I'm going to try and get my hands on the files again soon and I might be able to appraise what needs doing and whether its feasible to finish it myself or pass it on.

Take care chaps.

Dag

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2011, 08:56:35 PM »
Blimey, I suppose this has been in development hell for a ridiculously long time, huh?

Reminds me of Urban Night. It is a good map. But it definently is not finished. For starters, if you run out of CO2, you're screwed because _burnt didn't put in any CO2 containers in the map.