Author Topic: Thanks to [OTB],[q] and all others....  (Read 4761 times)

Viper

• Autococker
Thanks to [OTB],[q] and all others....
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:07:24 AM »
Special thanks to you... You ruined this game.

1. OTB Speed Server - Respawn 5 secs - 26 players
2. QeHs Pub 1          - Respawn 15 secs - 14 players
3. QeHs Pub 2          - Respawn 15 secs - 11 players
4. LOF Jump                                       -  10 players
5. PodKarPacie_PL     - Respawn 15 secs - 4 players

Thats 65 players , who are playing on a 5-15 secs respawn server. I mean, they won't get better if the are only playing on these servers. They are spraying at one spawnpoint or in the whole base. If u revive, they will kill you in 1 second. Is that the main point of this game ? We have so many "skilled players", who aren't playing on pub servers, because of this excrement.

65 players are playing on these servers. 65! Do you really think they will be good on these servers ? Do you really think they will get a clan and play matches ? No, they just play on these servers for killing 160 peoples in 10 minutes. That's all ? They don't know more than 6 maps, because that's the whole maprotations on the speed server.
They always play some maps like shock , ub_rooftop and ub_cliff.

My pleasure to the Serveradmins :

- Please change the respawntime of your servers to 60
- Please change your Maprotations
- Please change the Playerlimit to 16
- And please not more than 2 paint grenades and 1 smoke

And this game isn't a jumpmod, so please delete your jumpservers.

Im sure, many more guys will play on the pubs.

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Thanks to [OTB],[q] and all others....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »
Special thanks to Viper for not paying for any servers. If everybody was like you...this game would be ruined.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »
Special thanks to you...
No problem :D

Our pubs with 30 seconds are often full, too.

U picked out 5 from 55+ servers. So there are enough empty servers, where the "skilled players" can play. Why they dont play on it?

I have another question: Why are the servers with short respawn times full ? Because the people like it and they want have fun. Each player knows about spawnkillers, sprayers, campers... on such a server, but they come again to play on the same server. Again and again. They dont want to play with tactics, have a clan or play matches. They only want run and fire to have fun. Nothing more...
Some players like it, other players not. Thats normal.

The "[OTB] Speed" has 20 maps in the rotation, not 6. U can vote for new maps on this server. We can't do anything, if u dont vote. Its ur turn.

- Please change the respawntime of your servers to 60
The matchservers have it, of course. The speedserver is for fun, not for waiting.

- Please change your Maprotations
1. Maybe u like the maps, which are in the roation (but u only hate the server). Download and play it before u write they are ****.
2. Its ur turn. Vote for new maps: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=14224.0

- Please change the Playerlimit to 16
I dont think, that is a problem. From the european servers the speed server is the only one with 32. All other euro servers have 16. The graffiti paint servers have all a 32 players limit. I dont know the respawn times there, but u dont play on it because of the high ping.

- And please not more than 2 paint grenades and 1 smoke
For a server with 16 players ok. That are the default settings and our pubs have it.
The speed server has 2x16 players, so there are 2x2 paint grenade and 2x1 smoke grenade.

And this game isn't a jumpmod, so please delete your jumpservers.
I think the same, but many players want play it. So we moved all jumpmaps in pball/maps/jump/. So they are out off the normal maps, but on the server for the players who like it.

Im sure, many more guys will play on the pubs.
Im sure many players from this short respawn servers would delete paintball, if the servers are gone. What is better? Players on short respawn servers or no players?

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Special thanks to Viper for not paying for any servers. If everybody was like you...this game would be ruined.

Mhh.. 1 year ago, we had some servers, but no one wanted to play on it cause of the speedservers

And terror , you are only talking about these new players, what should the others do ? If i join a OTB Pub1, i'll have to wait for 30mins, because nobody will join a server like this. And yeah you are right, they don't want to wait. So make a DM-Server or something like that, maybe that will resolve this problem.. They don't want to play on a "normal" server, cause then they have to wait for more than 10 seconds. Did u ever play CS or an other ego-shooter? Sometimes u have to wait more than 3 minutes, and more than 500 000 people play it.

3 or 4 years ago, many guys started to play this game. They started on Pub Servers with normal settings (60secs respawn) and they searched or created a clan. Then they wanted to match and so one. And now ? The new players only want to play on your speed server, they dont know others servers and that's sad. In 1 or 2 Years, this game don't have clans but 5 speed servers and so this game will die.  1 Speedserver (respawn <30sec) is enough, why we need more than 5 ?

And why only the europeans do that ?

EU :
- Qehs 15 sec
- OTB 5 sec
- some PL Server 15 sec

NA :
- er33t 60secs
- supermans pub 60 secs
- ev1 60 secs
- gt 60 secs

That's weird.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
So make a DM-Server or something like that...
Vote for a DM map, u have the link.

1 Speedserver (respawn <30sec) is enough, why we need more than 5 ?
Yes one speed server is enough. Our was the first one, so all other copies could be removed :P

And why only the europeans do that ?

EU :
- Qehs 15 sec
- OTB 5 sec
- some PL Server 15 sec

NA :
- er33t 60secs
- supermans pub 60 secs
- ev1 60 secs
- gt 60 secs

That's weird.
Because they have there server up to date.

Btw1: "ego-shooter" is german. It is "first person shooter" in english :P
Btw2: U write only about our speed server, but it is only one server. We have seven more servers with other settings.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
Viper the point of games is to have fun. If people like speed servers and jump servers, then let them play in those servers.

if you dont like speed servers then dont play in them. simple as that.

and i would like to thank the people that provide us with speed servers cus theyre fun. so a thanks to you OTB, qehs, etc for not only providing us with servers to match on but broadening the variety with speed servers as well.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »
I think you got the name of my servers wrong, the correct names are:

[QeHs] Beginner Pub 1
[QeHs] Beginner Pub 2

I'm sure I have mentioned before WHY my BEGINNER servers are set to a lower time, because as a beginner you don't want to die and have to wait another minute to play again. I'd be happy to increase the respawn time, but it must be a joint effort, no point just one server owner doing it, everyone needs to do it or poeple will just not play on them anymore..

I had 2 other pub servers up, which had a 60 second elim time, they were played on exactly once over a month. I took those down because its wasting my resources for nothing. (My servers actually started out with 3 45second respawn servers, and those never got played on either).

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
Yeah Lekky, so why you dont increase the spawntime to 30 ? Then we have only 1 Speedserver ( <30secs ).
30secs respawn is, in my opinion, better than 12.

if you dont like speed servers then dont play in them. simple as that.

The problem is: I can't play on another server, cause nobody will play with me or the others...

[quote author=T3RR0R15T link=topic=14449.msg142013#msg142013
Btw1: "ego-shooter" is german. It is "first person shooter" in english :P
Btw2: U write only about our speed server, but it is only one server. We have seven more servers with other settings.
[/quote]

oh, hehe
2: 1 Speedserver, always about 15-32 players
1 Soccer Server 4-16 players
2 or 3 pub with usually 0 players :)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
You have 3 solutions if you don't like how servers are run, and I've said this before:

1. Suck it up.
2. Rent your own server.
3. Quite DP right now.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »
Do you still care about this game ? - If yes, you won't post some bullexcrement like this.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
If I didn't care about this game, I would not have stuck around for the past 10 years.

I stated the above post as fact: Server owners can do what they want, if you don't like it, you have 3 choices. 

You ALWAYS have a choice.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
it was only a pleasure. Many peoples told me the same about these servers, so i started this thread

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
Lets wait, what the many other peoples write...

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
I don't pub often, but when I do, it's NEVER on those servers listed. I agree with viper saying they are ruining the mentality of new players. 5 second respawns are not the standards, but with so many servers like them, new people think it is.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »
Its only one server with 5 seconds...

Would u play on it, if u have a better ping? Maybe 25? Not often, but sometimes?

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »
What is better ?

OTB Speed 5 secs 32 players
2x QeHs Beginner Pub 15 secs 16 players

or

4x Pubs 30/40/60 sec respawn and 16 players

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 02:43:36 PM »
Well, lets ask Viper this question.  When you first started playing this game and play your first round and kill someone, you are active and want to kill again.  You go around and get killed and see 60 seconds on your screen.  "OMGWTFZORZ, 60 SECONDS, I CBF WAITING, I WANNA KILL SOMEONE."  I personally don't mind having just a couple of speed servers because it keep the newbs happy until that they learn that it gets really annoying not being able to cap, etc.

And an answer to your question, there isn't really.  Newbs prefer shorter spawn to go kill and be playing all the time, others will go and pick a server with 60 because if they don't get killed they have a better chance of capping (without the respawns eliminating them as soon as they get to their base), or even ending the round once.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44:42 PM »
I already explained myself, why don't you address my issues rather than re-iterating the same point over again. I'll add another 10 seconds onto my beginner servers and see what happens.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »
Do it 2 one of em, and see which one gets played on more.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 04:10:26 PM »
cause nobody will play with me...
there's your problem :P