Author Topic: admin problems  (Read 10300 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: admin problems
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »
Looks like the configs are getting executed correctly.  What level are the players who are executing commands they shouldn't be able to logged in at?

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 08:43:36 PM »
what i meant by not caring to learn how to attach images, is that i don't go on forums normally anyways, learning how would be a waste of time
anyways, yes that is nadelounge.cfg, i have a few servers and they all use the same commands.txt and they all have the same problem

EDIT: didn't see jit's post
apparently, even level 1 admins (my lowest level admin) can execu viewgib and viewkick, which isn't cool at all

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
learning how would be a waste of time

As it only takes 2 mouse clicks to attach a file, it would be a waste of our time to help you..

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 11:02:46 PM »
wow, this is getting off topic, is the way i do things on forums bugging you? if it is, i suggest you be true to your words and don't say anything to me in the first place, if you're not going to be helpful and give good advice. seriously, clicking on a link to a picture does not make your life much more difficult

EDIT: i appreciate the help you're trying to give me, i really do, but criticizing the attitude i have towards posting images on forums isn't going to do much except spark arguments and will most likely get me banned from the forum

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 11:19:08 PM »
clicking on a link to a picture does not make your life much more difficult

and by the same token, it takes you longer to upload that pic that it would take to attach the file.

Bottom line is:

There has been a significant increase in the number of posters who ask for help but yet those trying to help by getting additional information is worse than pulling teeth.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »
seeing as i already tried to upload that pic your way and failed, i merely resulted to doing it a way i know definitely works
i think i'll just rewrite the entire command txt file, maybe that'll work

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »
Hey KNACK, leave musik alone, its by free will if he wants to do it his way so stop trying to change him so everyone is doing it your way. Not everyone is going to do it your way, so deal with it. If i'm correct, you job is to help people as a moderator and by witch is your chose if you want to help them, but its not your job to criticize them and create bad BIOS!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
It's one thing to come to the forums with a genuine issue-- it's another to blindly run in and create a topic demanding that your problem be fixed, completely ignoring the stickies in the section and hardly bothering to search or put any effort into finding any of the tens of answers on this board before giving up and requesting that we take care of it for them.
Basically, those who help people requesting it are more than happy to, so long as the requesters meet them halfway.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 06:33:44 AM »
If you are talking to me, I'm just here because I'm tired of Knack coming in all the time criticizing people and creating a lot of bad and unnecessary BIOS. I'm also here to help musik out.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
UDead:

When someone comes in here asking for help, we make every attempt to help them.

If I ask you to do something ( post a screen shot, change a line of code, try something different) and you tell me you're too lazy to try it or too lazy to search, then I, as well as a lot of other contributors are going to be a lot less polite in trying to help.

Another example is those that release maps.  Problems gets spotted that can easily be fixed, but the map maker says," I'm too lazy to fix those " or " I'm not going to work on that map anymore" then get all bent that their map doesn't get on a server.

In order to get help, you need to lean how to help yourself, ie.. read the stickies and do the search.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 08:19:23 AM »
first of all, i did everything you told me to do, you wanted additional info, i gave you them, just in a different way.
second of all, i did do a search, and the closest i could find was something about logged in players being able to tban.
another thing that proves i do things i want to do is that if i was really that lazy, i wouldn't have the servers up in the first place

EDIT: you're doing the same thing, blindly running around assuming people don't read stickies or search for other posts, seeing as you're a moderator, thats even worse.
And tell me, does "Common Global Login Problems" or "Global Login Help" sound like something i need? and fyi, I read "Read This First Before Asking Your Help"

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
This is soo off topic, but what the hell:

1. It wasn't what you did but what you said.  Tell me you're too lazy to do something and all bets are off.

2. Your problem is unique and I do know that searching would not have found a solution.  My comments above were not directed at you, but at posters in general.

3. What I am doing, as a moderator, is trying to point out that there are several things that you can do before yelling for help.  If a person is too lazy to even read a sticky at the top of the forum or even glance at some past posts, that person is wasting a lot of peoples time.  Again, directed at the community.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
well, seeing as the post above me wasn't really directed at me, then fine, i'll stop backtalking before i get myself banned.
anyways, i'm trying to rewrite the command file, i'm hoping it will work

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
hey knack, musik was not the one to say you are too lazy to do something i was.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »
Sounds like your commands.txt file isn't being used at all.  Did rewriting that file help at all?

On a side note, I need to make the advanced option expanded by default - not sure why SMF felt the need to hide attachments by default.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »
YOU REVIVED A MONTH AND A HALF YEAR-OLD THREAD JITS!!! But joking aside, I rearranged some of the commands and put viewgib/kick at the very top. That worked. :|

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
Sad thing is, I still have older threads I haven't read yet.  I wasn't sure if you got it working.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »
What musik did was fine, if he doesn't want to post directly to the forum than he doesn't have to. If ppl are too lazy to click a link than they have problems.

Udead did say it, the point is it looks like musik got his help so can we close this thread before musik and knack go at it again=]

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »
Actually, it was more Udead who argued with Knack, lol, although I do admit, our heads clashed for a while over including attachments.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 05:29:24 AM »
Ya, I'll take most of the blame, i started the argument b/c i get so fired up when people have nothing good to say. Even thought they are trying to help you, they cant seem to put it out there nicely they are all negative.