Author Topic: Newmap - Switch  (Read 6149 times)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
Newmap - Switch
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:51 PM »
I decided to continue on with this map..

It has:
Mid Flag
Team flags
Low

Players start off with:
Carbine
Loaded 12oz co2
100 round hopper
100 paintballs
steel barrel

Screenies

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:20:27 PM by Silly »

Scope

• VM-68
Re: Newmap - Switch
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »
I don't see tunnels >(

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
Looks like it must have taken awhile to make. Also, it looks like the gameplay was well thought out, and the overall map design is flawless. NICE MAP!

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »
At least it is lit.
If you can accept a suggestion from me, I personally think that the wooden ramp in your second screenshot would look better if it was a plank like the ones in your third screenshot.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:31:39 AM »
That side wall looks like it has been taken out of shock.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
Lol Cameron.... YA THINKKK?

Laged

- I agree, i had already tested it with a plank of wood with a barrel, but unfortunatly you couldent get the lift that you wanted.
When im at my dads house i can put up my server and you and i can test some stuff if you want

Spook
- Thanks a lot ;]

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
That side wall looks like it has been taken out of shock.
Exactly what i was thinking.

Now that ive looked at it. the walls dont just remind me of shock. the whole map reminds me of a more complex version of shock that is ctf. may as well rename to shock33.bsp

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »
Rimini... You never like any of my maps. Get out of my threads for all you say is negative. Which is a lot to say for someone who never plays the game anyway.

And how is that, in any remote way SHOCK? other than the walls Lets go to shock and see if theres 4 buildings in the middle. Lets go to shock and see if there are barrels in the middle. Lets go to shock and see if there are ANY BARRELS AT ALL!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17:11 PM »
Rimini... You never like any of my maps. Get out of my threads for all you say is negative. Which is a lot to say for someone who never plays the game anyway.

And how is that, in any remote way SHOCK? other than the walls Lets go to shock and see if theres 4 buildings in the middle. Lets go to shock and see if there are barrels in the middle. Lets go to shock and see if there are ANY BARRELS AT ALL!

I don't really get the point of the buildings. By the time you have climbed the ladder to the top, the other team could have capped.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
um, defense tactic. 3v1 they're trying to grab... 1v1 hes rushing ur defending... vice versa.

um, if your stupid enough to up the building if they have the flag.. well your just stupid.
Please think in context.. why on earth would you purposely put yourself out of the way of them capping.. No one would do that on purpose.

I'm tired of people picking apart little tid bits of crap that is obvious.

Sorry for flaming all the time... but darn.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
lol. well there never is anything positive to say. try this. instead of releasing a new map every other day. actually take time to make a map that is good. that way people, including myself, can give some positive feedback.

edit:

so you are telling me your map is shock with 4 buildings in the middle and barrels?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:10:55 PM by RiMiNi »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
lol. well there never is anything positive to say. try this. instead of releasing a new map every other day. actually take time to make a map that is good. that way people, including myself, can give some positive feedback.
+1

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
Hey Silly,

Do you think you could make a map with a specific style? (Example: City, House, Farm, Ect.)
Maps that have just a bunch of random paths to a flag isn't much fun anymore.
It's not just you, I'm not trying to be rude.
I am just pushing mappers to create a more styled playing environment is all.

I know my maps are not the greatest, but I kind of stopped mapping but the maps within the last 2-5 years don't have any style to it at all.
They just look like randomly made maps put together.

But Switch looks good.
+1

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
Attached a demo and uploaded it to the beta server for play testing.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »
Termin8tor

- It's now hard to create styled maps. Let me explain my opinion.

Many mappers created styled maps.There's ub_rooftop for example. If you wanna create a map based on cities, it's hard I think to get new ideas because ub_rooftop got many nice ones.

I'm thinking huge map that would insert many styles. For example, the spawn point would be in a farm,  you leave it and run few meters and you get into a canyon or w/e

What about it ?

-Flamer

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »
Termin8tor

- It's now hard to create styled maps. Let me explain my opinion.

Many mappers created styled maps.There's ub_rooftop for example. If you wanna create a map based on cities, it's hard I think to get new ideas because ub_rooftop got many nice ones.

I'm thinking huge map that would insert many styles. For example, the spawn point would be in a farm,  you leave it and run few meters and you get into a canyon or w/e

What about it ?

-Flamer

Doesn't sound bad to me, but I am just trying to have mappers understand that playing blank maps get boring.
A map with a playing style will help players relate and undestand the map a little more than normal.
I also think we need more environmental styled maps. (Example: Have a flag in a house, leave the house and you're outside than maybe run into a cave/valley/gorge/other houses/Etc)

Simply, I would like to see new maps being made with more than 10 textures and have more creativity to them. Take DirtyTaco's maps for example. pbcup_renior has many different styles all into one map. (Outdoor, indoor, a lake, jumps, speed, strategy)

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »
Oh... now i understand..

Ok I'm gonna try now to create a map like this xD.

-Flamer

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
Oh... now i understand..

Ok I'm gonna try now to create a map like this xD.

-Flamer

Sounds good.
Good luck.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 03:39:58 AM »
Make sure you spend A LONG time on the map, and let people look at it and help you improve it before its released on the forums because there are a huge amount of maps that get released on here that are completely horrible.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »
Beta 2 is up.