Author Topic: Georgia vs. Russia  (Read 8397 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Georgia vs. Russia
« on: August 16, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »
This could be a great protection and deterrence from the nukes Russia is about to first strike us with any time now. This is obvious to me. Russia pounced on Georgia, who's been screaming to get under NATO, just to see what our response would be. If we show weakness I believe Russia may just first strike us to gain world supremacy.

I can't see that Georgia thing ending well.  Have a feeling all Hell is gonna break loose. :-\

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Georgia vs. Russia
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
Yeah i'm actually scared for my daughter. I've lived a good portion of my life, but she's got her entire life ahead of her....or not.

Eiii

• Autococker
Georgia vs. Russia
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »
Actually, I'm curious as to what everybody thinks about the whole Georgia thing that happened-- I really don't know much about it, but what I have seen is that the Georgian government has done a fantastic job of literally playing the media, and now they seem to have the sympathy of most of the world.

What I've seen is the following: Georgia invades South Ossetia, friend of Russia, then Russia rolls in to stop it (perhaps too aggressively-- again I don't know too much here) and Georgia cries out, runs to just about every media outlet possible, and makes it look like Russia is beating up on them. I haven't really seen any fallout from Russia propaganda in the news or otherwise, perhaps just because Georgia got there first. Who knows, maybe the Russian psyops people don't know what they're doing or are non-existent, but it sure looks to me like Georgia knows exactly what they're doing in that regard.

blaa

• Autococker
Georgia vs. Russia
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 02:40:28 AM »
Actually, I'm curious as to what everybody thinks about the whole Georgia thing that happened-- I really don't know much about it, but what I have seen is that the Georgian government has done a fantastic job of literally playing the media, and now they seem to have the sympathy of most of the world.

My saying in this matter is probably not the fairest, because when georgia became democratic and said "intercourse off russia", then estonia supported georgia, because we were in the same position in the early 90's.

Few years ago georgia was russias puppet. Then the revolution was made and country set their sight to europe and nato. In some winter (2006/2007 maybe), when there was really cold weather, russia turned off the gas lines supporting georgia, and told that they will turn them on, if georgia would pay a quadruple price or whatnot. This was because russia is a piece of excrement (their politics, not its people) and wants to control everything.

This time, russia said they are "peace keepers". Lol like yeah, then skater is a good boy.
What I've seen is the following: Georgia invades South Ossetia, friend of Russia, then Russia rolls in to stop it
South ossetia is part of georgia. By invading to south ossetia russia breaks the rules of sovereignty of georgia. By what i have read from interviews with people, who were in georgia, it seems that regular ossetian people have nothing against georgian people and vice versa. If some ossetian rebels yell that georgia is harrassing them and everything sucks without russian help, then i wouldnt believe it.

I haven't really seen any fallout from Russia propaganda in the news or otherwise, perhaps just because Georgia got there first.
Well, georgia got everyones sympathy 1) when they became democratic 2)when russia intercoursed with gas lines 3) when russia provoked the war.

You should see russian media. I dont have many russian channels, which i can see, but on some talkshow where they talked about the war, they showed russian boys with short pants who were helping the elders and giving food and blabla and georgian army who were shooting and bombing.
I believe if you ask a random russian, then he would believe that russia has done everything right.

Oh and, about who started the war? Russia claims "GEORGIA, GEORGIA", well d000h. Of course they started it. But who gives a intercourse. Those south ossetians, russian puppets, provoked them hard enough, to get russia to save them all.

Oh and 1 more thing. Russia told that the reason why they are peace keeping is because there are many russia citizens in south ossetia, which is true, and they must save them. Well, that smells like 1939 and nazi germany... (think czechoslovakia)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: Georgia vs. Russia
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:27 AM »
WOAH blaa are you from Estonia or there abouts?

You just gave us a perspective we would not have seen otherwise. It doesn't make me feel any better about the situation though. In fact maybe worse.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »
What worries me is the exaggerated fear of some people. They overrate an action and overreact. I'm not against reacting, just overreacting.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »
usa told georgia to invade russia so that russia would have to invade a smaller country. the usa could wag here finger at russia for being a "bully". this makes usa invading iran not look as bad, and if anyone says its wrong, the u.s will just say well look what russia is doing.

why do you think there is so much attention to this little invasion in america,when stuff like this happens all the time in other countries but always gets over looked.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »
I was wondering, When is the Iraq war really gonna end for the US?, and when will we go to war again, and with whom?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
That is a really stupid question, no one can possibly answer that. You can't give dates and names for something that hasn't happened yet.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 01:03:39 PM »
USA didn't "TELL" Georgia to invade Russia...do you seriously think that?

...and 911 was done by the US?
...and we never went to the moon?

LOL I ROFLMAO

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »
The media over there in america is contributing much to the heat up. Over here in Europe, it's not as radical as over there.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »
USA didn't "TELL" Georgia to invade Russia...do you seriously think that?

...and 911 was done by the US?
...and we never went to the moon?

LOL I ROFLMAO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

===========

Georgia must have thought that they'd get support from the West if they invaded South Ossetia, and that's probably why they did it. The West doesn't see Russia in that well of a light, but we know that if anyone tried to go in and fight Russia, we'd have a much larger war on our hands. Georgia wants South Ossetia back, but 99% of voters on the independence referendum in South Ossestia from two years supported independence. The international community has not acknowledged either of the independence referendums though, so South Ossetia is still considered part of Georgia.

It's Georgia's fault here for provoking the conflict, and it was a very dumb idea. With the Olympics going on at the same time too, a lot of people won't even care.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »
why do you think there is so much attention to this little invasion in america,when stuff like this happens all the time in other countries but always gets over looked.

Wait, what?  You know that we are talking about a small European country, and not the state of Georgia, correct?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »
The sentence just needs better construction.

Why do you think America is paying so much attention to this little invasion, when stuff like this happens all the time in other countries but always gets overlooked?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
thank you eiii. thats what i meant

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
Stupid canadians in American affairs. Get out.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
a neutral opinion. thats all

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 06:35:36 PM »
Hey spook maybe you can not be so negative, I don't expect you to pull out your crystal ball and tell me, I expect you to at least share your thoughts on what you think will happen. Thank You Very Much

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
Not my style, would rather be excessively rude. Should have seen the last post I had before it was deleted.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:45 AM »
We are human
We are selfish
We will forever want
We will forever war
We are human

Blind is the eye that can not see the truth of what we are.