Author Topic: Georgia vs. Russia  (Read 8399 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Georgia vs. Russia
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 07:32:10 AM »
Fighting and wars have always happened and will continue to do so. The reasons for each war depend on which eye is looking at them. We as a society feed on drama way too much. The news media of course will talk about this constantly with 24 hour news stations going on with so little to talk about. As people sit here crying about something that they can not stop from happening (be it in Georgia or somewhere else) there are thousands of little puppies that need rehoming. Please contact your local chapter of the humane society.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »
Wait, what?  You know that we are talking about a small European country, and not the state of Georgia, correct?

Has anyone else seen these amateur photographs from South Ossetia yet?  Surreal:
http://englishrussia.com/?p=2010

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 10:06:43 AM »
I saw that Yahoo Answers page on 4chan, I lol'd

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »
The news media of course will talk about this constantly with 24 hour news stations going on with so little to talk about.
*american media

WEK

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
I don't really understand war. It's quite stupid. "I don't like the way they've been handling their affairs....I know I'll go kill a few of them." Why can't it all be settle over a friendly game of checkers....Or DP!?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
*american media

Is there any other? I didn't know that European countries had news media. I'm sorry. That is why I didn't specify.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 06:57:26 AM »
I think he is referring to the fact that a lot of european media is no longer mentioning georgia in the headlines and preferring to concentrate on the olympics.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »
Is there any other? I didn't know that European countries had news media. I'm sorry. That is why I didn't specify.

lol? Don't know if you are joking or not...

spam

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
I sure hope this ends we dont need another war

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »
Yes lekky, I am joking. Please remember I spent a good portion of my childhood growing up in the shadow of the IronCurtain. Hopefully, if there is a chance the nukes will fly, I will be safe here in the mountains. Muhahahha.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
:P

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »
The media over there in america is contributing much to the heat up. Over here in Europe, it's not as radical as over there.

Not correct. To be fair, the actions by some "big" nations in EU is stunning to some of the nations, who were in a similar situations early 90's. Germany is building a gas pipe from russia to germany. Of course money is bigger than some nubs in georgia.
Although I heard merkel told that medvedvev didnt hold his word, I believe the vast majority of germans think that "OOHHH, dont think we should rush with judgement yet!!! dunno who is to blame!"

WOAH blaa are you from Estonia or there abouts?
yeah

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »
i have done allot of research on this war and realized that Russia is not the aggressor in this case. what Georgia did to civilian was immorally wrong. they first hit them with artillery killing many then they went in and tried to kill as many civilians as they could. they threw grenades into basements where they knew only civilians where hiding. there was even a incident where a 80 old guy got shot with a sniper. there was over two thousand Casualties of civilians only in those two break away regions. America's actions are embarrassing. acting as Georgia was innocent protecting genocide , news media will go with the flow of nato and the u.s government. also Georgia Violated  a peace treaty that they had with Russia to leave them alone they knew that Russia would attack them for those actions. but the president being the retard he is still attacked thinking hey we got nato weapons we can win and what do you know a two-day war.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
news media will go with the flow of nato and the u.s government.
You miss the most important detail: They enhance (being subjective) the flow, they don't just flow with it (being rather objective).
Yet another thing you miss: Both parties have been acting wrong on some issues in this conflict in different ways. But the media is only trying to blame it on the others which can somewhen result in something dangerous. It is way too populist and influential.
Now let this thread rest as i think this will lead to nowhere.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
what Georgia did to civilian was immorally wrong.

Your claim is that it was morally right?

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »
lol good call yootz error in typin