Poll

Why not have a green team? It is one of the best colors.

Yes
20 (38.5%)
No
32 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Green team.  (Read 13073 times)

nub

• VM-68
Re: Green team.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:05 AM »
orange.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »
orange or pink maybe a brown (dark brown.. most woods are light)

Laged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
Just be happy with the teams we have.
They're good, we don't need more teams.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »
true we wouldn't want Color War I :-)

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
Just be happy with the teams we have.
They're good, we don't need more teams.

Thats not the point of this thread the problem is that there are color blind players in this game. Jus to name a couple bix,and haze.
If there was to be a green team I'm sure they wouldn't have 5 teams but a team like yellow would be replaced with a different in this case green.

The only problem i have with this is how much would it blend in with current textures.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
If they do make a new team color it would have to be implemented into NEW maps, not old ones.  Unless they remade them.  If someone reamade ub_cliff or ub_4cliff with all teams it would be hard because when making the map it would be in the shape of a pentagon and everything would have to be angled perfectly.  And the teams are fine the way they are, adding a new team would only make it harder on people.  If a map used all teams it would only throw players off.  If there was only 20 people on a map like that then each team would get only 4 team members.

Kaos I understand that It would be nice to have different colors for colorblind people, but that might be a little... um... bad because if there was a new team most of the maps they would play wouldn't even have that team.  Maybe there should be a feature for palette change instead.

Ooh, I'm going to get started on that right now.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »
Unfortunately, not all men are created equal.  We all have our strengths and weaknesses.  Some people have better eyesight.  Some people have better reflexes.  Some people have better precision.  Some people are better at predicting enemy movement.  While it may be true that you have a clinical disability, there are many people with varying degrees of disabilities that impact their gaming ability which may or may not  be diagnosed.  Do I allow varying degrees of model discoloration depending on the severity of the disability?  See where I'm going here? The only way to make a game completely fair would be to throw a bunch of names in a hat and have it randomly select a winner, but what fun is that?

I have two key concerns here:
- What's best for the game and community as a whole?
- What's realistic?

I'm fairly certain the community as a whole wants a fair game.  Can I get a show of hands for those of you who want other players running around with modified models and textures so they can see better than you?  Ok, maybe there are a handful of, "I'm better than you even if you cheat, so bring it on." players, but I don't think that's really in the best interest of the community overall.

Now, what's realistic?  Reviewing each individual player's disabilities and weaknesses and creating alternative versions of the game and/or content to compensate for those handicaps is not really realistic.  Not only would it be a lot of work, but how am I to determine the relative visibility of a player model against a given texture for a color blind person vs. the stock models for players who aren't color blind?  Their alternative textures might be more visible even with their color blindness than the stock textures for other players.

The most fair and realistic solution I see right now is this: everybody uses the same models and textures.  If you have a disability, then you have a disability, and you're just going to have to learn how to play with it.  As b00nlander said, there are no green models, so you won't be mixing teams up.  They might be harder to see against grass textures, but the players don't have grass camo on, so you should be able to pick out the patterns of their jersey easily enough, and they'll probably be moving anyway.  I've played lots of games where players are actually designed to blend in with the environment -- games like BF2 and COD2 come to mind.  Even in classic Quake 2 deathmatch, everything was pretty much the same orange/yellow/brown color.  You just have to learn to discern pattern and movement instead of colors.

sean123

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »
GREEN GREEN GREEN YES YES YES

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »
I wonder how they would be able to do that.....

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
just make a green skin no one will know

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »
a green team is unrealistic!

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »
And how hard is to understand that it will not work in DP, cause 90% of the maps in DP have grass? IMO if you want new colour atleast go for something better, not with this unreal and not-going-to-work green...

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »
IMO if you want new colour atleast go for something better, not with this unreal and not-going-to-work green...

Black

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
What colors can these colored blind people not see?
I'm gonna make all my maps with those colors just for them!

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »
So nice!!!!  Too bad I don't have the time to do that, sorry. :(  But I don't know, just ask them.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »
Black

Been brought up already. Can't remember where on the forum, but...

Black is the same color as dark parts of any given map.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »
teal then

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 07:29:39 AM »
teal then

Ok don't know that colour :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Lol, go for orange if you need new colors. My self i don't care if we get new color or not. I'm happy with the existing ones. Though another bright one could be useful to dark maps.