Author Topic: HELP ME WITH MY MAP!  (Read 10273 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: HELP ME WITH MY MAP!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 06:16:09 PM »
Grenades don't spawn until after the match starts.  Type "set debug1 1" at the console to make it so you can play with just a single player.

Lightscriber

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 07:29:58 PM »
No they still dont show up im my map. I had my friend come in my server i set it to elimination...ctf..dm i tried all of them and the grenades still arent there.

Lightscriber

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 12:14:13 AM »
Alright i got the paintball grenade in my map. But theres another problem "How do I specify where the grenades spawn because it is random"?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
They're randomly placed by the player spawns, but there is a grenade entity somewhere...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006, 01:34:43 PM »
item_pballgrenade, I think.  Look at the entities in BSP.

Lightscriber

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 04:06:56 PM »
I did use the grenade entity i even applied it using that program and it just doesnt want to listen to me. Another thing i relized is that when i made 2 jail spawns "jail" "1" and "jail" "2"  it still makes my guy spawn anywhere in one of those jail spawns? I want to make seperate jail location for the 2 teams one red and one blue.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »
Just use "jail" "1", then use "teamnumber" to specify the team (same as the regular spawns).

For the grenade spawns, you have to use "angle" "-1" to make it spawn there exactly, otherwise it just spawns in that general area.

Lightscriber

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »
Ok the grenades still dont show up on their spawn for some reason

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 05:52:07 AM »
Can you post the .map file so I can take a look at it?

Lightscriber

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
Alright the ProDodgeball.map is my map that i cant seem to put grenades where i want them to. This is just my map that i made in like 1 seconds not my other one that i have been working for some time.

Also map.map is my friends map. This is his first map he ever made and i showed him how everything works and it has a problem. The map overflows everytime i start it after i compiled it. I tried to fix somethings around even deleting like half his map and it still overflows. I did fix lots of blocks into other blocks where he had many object inside of walls for him.

FighterUN

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »
yea the map.map one is mineĀ  ;D ;D ;D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
OMG SPAWNINABOX 2!!!1! FINALLY!
Also, on the map.map- cool it on the enitites. That may be your problem.
Yep. I deleted all of the entities (except for the TWO SPAWNS!) and it works. Bad map, bad, bad map. Evil. It must be killed.
Here's the constructive part-
Align your textures.
Barrels are shorter than that. Model yours after the ones in sample.map.
That's a box map. Box maps are bad.
You don't need ~100 guns/co2s/ammo for TWO SPAWNS.

Lightscriber

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 06:19:35 PM »
LOL. Ya well that was my friends map and mine like i said i made it in 2 minutes really fast. And i have my other bigger map just about done i just didnt want anyone to have access to it and claim it as there own.

FighterUN

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 06:24:39 PM »
wtf  your saying that i cant put eight guns on each side? cause thats bull**** if i cant.

FighterUN

• PGP
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »
and its my first map you jerk!

Lightscriber

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
I think you hurt my friends feelings as it was it first map......I dont think thats nice

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
wtf  your saying that i cant put eight guns on each side? cause thats bull**** if i cant.

You have 30 guns, 5 boxes of ammo, 13 co2s, 10 hoppers, and 10 barrels, all in a tiny part of your map 320x320 units. Per side.
Not to mention that you only have one spawn per side. All the entities were why you were overflowing, by the way.

Honestly, you need to texture your buildings better. Actually, just using more than one texture would be good. You need to re-align your ladder. You're missing a group of barrels on one side. The barrels are miscolored one the blue side. And you need to realign the barrel textures.
EDIT:
And I forgot he lights. That's not how you do lighting. You should use sky light (in the ArghRad readme) Or surfaces that emit light.
That's what's wrong with your map, apart from the layout.

Lightscriber

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »
That is true.

FighterUN

• PGP
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 02:44:17 PM »
you know what i meant it wasent that its has to many entities its that you said that it should be killed and poop well go f yourself you jerk you have to remember its my first map!

agent-hwk

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 08:13:04 PM »
woah dont freak out