Author Topic: Funname Bind.  (Read 2082 times)

sohan

• PGP
Funname Bind.
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:47:09 PM »
Ok.

So I type into the console:

bind v name ˆÓÓeØ Íe

which is Sex Me in orange.

However the Me doesn't show up when I press the bind key. I also tried to do it manually but that didn't work either.

Also, my other bind:

bind LEFTARROW name ˆ«ÓoÈÁnˆœªˆšÄiÅÓÅl

SoHAn*DiESEl

gets cut off and the El doesn't show when I press the bind key.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and if/how it can be fixed.

Thanks

Sohan

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Re: Funname Bind.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
just use the colours in funname. then when you have what you want as your name bind, type in console, bind key name $name

the $ uses your current name.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:36 PM »
try:

bind v name ˆBSex

or try using http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/tools/formattedtexteditor.php to create ur name...then just paste it into console, using name"name" or bind "control" "name"

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:48:28 AM »
1.  I hate these freaking binds with a passion

2.  Use quotes

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 06:39:50 AM »

Download: http://team92.de/files/funbind.rar

Taste = Key
der funbind = the funbind

# Bind Say for Normal Chat
# Bind Team Say for Teamchat
# Bind name for funbind names

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »
Ok.

So I type into the console:

bind v name ˆÓÓeØ Íe

which is Sex Me in orange.

However the Me doesn't show up when I press the bind key. I also tried to do it manually but that didn't work either.

The last word ("Me") is being cut off because you're using a space.  If you put a space in your name, you have to put quotation marks around the whole name, like so:

Code: [Select]
bind v name "ˆÓÓeØ Íe"

Also, my other bind:

bind LEFTARROW name ˆ«ÓoÈÁnˆœªˆšÄiÅÓÅl

SoHAn*DiESEl

gets cut off and the El doesn't show when I press the bind key.

This name is being cut off because you have too many characters in it.  The maximum number of characters for each name is 16.  Each color change uses up two character spaces (i.e., the "ˆ" is the character which signifies you're initiating a color change, and the letter/symbol directly after it determines what color is to be used).  Currently you're using 18 characters, which is why the last 2 are being cut off.  Long story short, you have one too many color changes in your name.

Just as an FYI, starting and stopping italics and underlining both use 1 character space.  For example, if you wanted your name to be "AlphaBetaGamma" (14 characters) and you wanted to use underlines and/or italics, your name would look like this:

AlphaBetaGam
1 character each for starting/stopping underlines and italics = 4 extra characters = 18 characters total, but only the first 16 are displayed

AlphaBetaGamm
Note that here you do not need to use an italics-terminating character because the end of the name is supposed to automatically terminate all formatting.*  Thus, this name is only 17 characters long, so you only lose the last letter.

AlphaBetaGamma
Because no italics/underline terminating characters are used, this name is only 16 characters and should display properly.*

* = There is currently a bug associated with not ending your names with format-terminating characters.  See this post for more details:  http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11180

sohan

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
Thanks Rimini, ic3 and Herron.

Herron's the only person who actually gave a working solution easily seeing as everyone else thought of things I'd already tried.

Thanks Herron for that.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 05:19:51 PM »
woah it look likes chinese language to me...