Author Topic: NET_GetPacket errors on graff  (Read 3534 times)

Clavain

NET_GetPacket errors on graff
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »
whenever i try and connect to graffiti servers (may be others but im not sure) by any means, i get an error saying: NET_GetPacket: WSAECONNRESET from 69.93.11.66:27913.

its a bit weird, as ive always been able to connect before. i cant ping it (destination unreachable) and tracert it (shows hops on the host server, but never completes and returns a failure message). Graff is no longer visible in ASE either. its as if graff just doesnt exist for me, even though i know its up and running as my friend can connect perfectly.

is it possible that ive been banned or something from seeing it? is that possible? my connection settings are the same as they have ever been, and its something thats cropped up in the space of a few hours, as i was playing on graff fine earlier on...

thanks, Clav

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:50:40 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:49:24 AM by P!nk »

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: NET_GetPacket errors on graff
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »
Well I'm banned from GT and they don't show up on my ASE or server list. So I'm guessing youre banned.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »
Ur probably banned for some reason...if u can connect to all other server.

Clavain

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »
yeah i can connect to other servers fine, so looks like im banned. thats pretty curious then, because i have no idea why. thanks for that, snipen.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:49:21 AM by P!nk »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »
But usually when you're banned it says it. Instead of just not connecting. Some of the Graffiti servers have been crashing lately too. You could contact one of the admins just in case though, if you were, be sure to ask for an explanation.

If it's a global ban from just those GT servers, it shows up like that. I believe.

But, I'm banned and thats how mine are. So he is banned for sure.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 04:59:08 AM »
you must remember the serer admins arentthe brightest of folk out there, they could have banned not only a single ip (is: 69.86.789.345) but rather a fragment ofthe ip and all wildcards (ie:  69.86.789.*) not sure if thats possible, but if so, than thats more than likley the issue

Clavain

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 08:24:30 AM »
thanks p!nk, appreciate it.

out of interest, i was thinking about something Joe said and it occured to me that the adsl connection i have has dynamic IP allocation, so how would an ip ban work that way? unless as you say they banned the whole subnet which means anyone trying to connect from my ISP in the same ip pool is stuffed. which is possibly what happened to me, i guess.

Clav

Clavain

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
well, it looks like im allowed back on now, so if thats thanks to you p!nk, then cheers! thanks for all your input too, if it was a method of banning then i think its pretty weird not to give any notification, even a 'you're banned' message in the console would be nice!

thanks again,
Clav

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
Guys i dont think GT banned anyone. They were not showing up on the server list. About 300 last night they came back on-line.  I had the same problem.

If I was Snipen I would make you regester your credit card to play, expect 5 dollars a month to play.  That way if you act up or caught cheating per the license agreement your card would be debited for the offense. To bad that wont happen, i would be a rich, dam cheaters and flamers.

Skeeter , shame on you. What did you do to get kicked?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 07:19:40 PM »
lol Loial, I made a webpage a while back before I was unbanned and became friends with them again. And I never got rid of it cause I forgot about it, so they rebanned me.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 06:32:10 PM »
Can you blame them?  Well I hope it was worth hurting Sharon's feelings. Nice job :(

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 06:35:53 PM »
I really didnt make it towards Sharon, I just happened to have a pic of her.  I mainly made it towards PiCaSSo and Clipz. I just completely forgot about it. If I had remembered I would have apologized.

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »
I really didnt make it towards Sharon, I just happened to have a pic of her.  I mainly made it towards PiCaSSo and Clipz. I just completely forgot about it. If I had remembered I would have apologized.

No...but instead when you were confronted about it (by sharon), you completely denied that you did it, said that Clipz prolly made it...attempted to delete it before anyone else in GT really saw it, but was too late.  Then you re-implemented it the other week.
 -Derrek

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »
Yes I know.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »
Why make it? This is about hurting people who called you a friend. For shame. What you need to do is apologize in public on the forum to Sharon first if not Picasso (i doubt doug gives a hoot) and Clipz also and explain why its wrong, even though you will still be banned it might ease the hurt you caused, that is the least you could do, if you care about such things. Oh and delete the dam image.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:28 PM »
Well, none of them even check the forums. I would apologize if I had the chance.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 09:08:14 PM »
They do check and you do have chance. :)

Sandman

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »
Skater you would be surprised what we read,we just don't give the effort to repy to such childish things...By 1st making that web page,trying to hide it,and then reposting it ,you have shown to the DP community what kind of person you are.I for 1 have no time for your immature excrement and as far as the ban you have been given chance after chance,well bud sorry to say (And we know you don't care)you have used up last one,you are banned from GT servers for life